Photo

Myen's Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Review (long)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 gokartmagic

gokartmagic
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

Myen-

Great and very detailed review! Thank you so much! I would love to see more pictures if you'd like to share :)

I'm a little worried about flying into Jamaica and my vision being completely different from what actually happens... but I guess that's EVERY destination bride's biggest concern. I do have a couple of questions though. Did you use the resorts linens or did you rent/bring your own? And was your wedding photographer in Jamaica or did you fly them in? I checked out their website but they didn't have a location listed.

Thank you so much! And congrats again!!!
    Amber

#12 Myen

Myen
    • 102 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by gokartmagic
      Myen-

Great and very detailed review! Thank you so much! I would love to see more pictures if you'd like to share :)

I'm a little worried about flying into Jamaica and my vision being completely different from what actually happens... but I guess that's EVERY destination bride's biggest concern. I do have a couple of questions though. Did you use the resorts linens or did you rent/bring your own? And was your wedding photographer in Jamaica or did you fly them in? I checked out their website but they didn't have a location listed.

Thank you so much! And congrats again!!!
      Amber
      Hi Amber,

We used the resort linens but brought our own chair sashes. The resort had chair sashes as well but we wanted to make sure that our colors coordinated.

As for the photographer, we flew them in or more specifically, there travel expenses are included in the total cost of the package. They are based out of Springfield, MO and we're from Calgary, Canada. I found them through BDW as many they had been highly recommended by many Mexico brides. Our wedding was originally set to be in Mexico but with the swine flu, we had to quickly change our destination and Tammara & Grant accommodated us at no extra charge. This was their first Jamaican wedding, but in speaking with them, they mentioned that they had no problems in doing more Jamaican weddings in the future. It might be worthwhile to check them out. I'll be sure to post my pro-pics as soon as I receive them.

Hope this helps,
      Myen

#13 GregsBride

GregsBride
      • 333 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Myen
        Hey Christina,

My friend got the candles at a store called Fantana. She also purchased the bottles of Appleton Rum (pictured in review) at the Shoppers fair in the Blue Diamond Plaza for approx $2.50 each. Everywhere else will charge anywhere from $4.50 to $7.00 for the same sized bottle.

We did bring quite a bit of our own decor elements down such a chair sashes, blue table crystals, etc. along with all of the OOT bag items that we had 4 suitcases packed in total plus my dress. Purchasing some of the items in MoBay made it a lot easier and affordable to get any additional items.

Hope this helps and happy planning!
        M

Hey Myen!

Thanks for this, I know exactly where this is!! I will have to remember this when I have to bring items down with me. I had plans to carry down several items for decor, but this will surely lighten my load quite a bit!!
        ~Christina

#14 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
        • 342 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

Great review did you go on any excursions?
          One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#15 Myen

Myen
          • 102 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Preciousmi811
            Great review did you go on any excursions?
            We did the requisite Dunn's River Falls -- a must see if you're in Jamaica. Plus, we did the White Witch Ziplining Tour. Both were really great. Our guests did a variety of different tours, but primarily ones that either centered around shopping or drinking (ie-pub crawls) and I didn't hear any complaints from anyone.

#16 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

Great review! Im glad you had a great wedding.

#17 drmegan

drmegan
              • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

This was a wonderful review and makes me feel so much more secure in choosing IRHS for our wedding!

#18 latricej919

latricej919
                • 110 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Glad that everything turned out fine....Congrats on your marriage!
                  Soon To Be: Mrs. Ham

#19 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
                  • 2,115 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

Great Review! Sounds like you had an amazing wedding! Can't wait to see the pictures.

#20 breeze616

breeze616
                    • 1,760 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Thanks so much for taking the time to review - it really helps us other Iberostar rose hall brides-to-be!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users