Photo

Anyone have a Steam Mop?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 weddingchick

weddingchick
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

after reading this, i want to try the shark steam mop for my floors.

#32 kris

kris
    • 506 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

OOOOOO I want one too as long as it's safe on hardwood.

#33 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

just bought the bissell steam mop and i like it...not sure how great a job it does at cleaning my wood floors but we shall see

#34 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
        • 1,209 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

I just bought the Shark steam mop 2 weeks ago and thought I'd give my review! I got it on sale for about $70 from $100, so that was great. I was all worried it would leave tons of water on the floor, but it barely left any, which was good. It came with 5 washable microfiber bases (not sure what they're called). I didn't run out of water - I did the whole downstairs. We have ceramic tile, linoleum and hardwood. It worked really well on all. Then I tried the rug 'glider' and steamed the rugs. I don't know if that really did anything, but it felt good. LOL!
          My arm got tired from pushing the mop back and forth, but overall I found it quite good. I'm glad I got it.

#35 breeze616

breeze616
          • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

I have the H2O mop from the infomercials (I got it at walmart super cheap). I love it. The floor dries super fast, no chemicals and it gets EVERYTHING off. scuff marks, even stickers. Just leave the mop on top of the sticky thing for a few extra seconds to let the steam penetrate, and it comes right off. Cleans the grout in the tiles pretty good too.

I also use it to steam the carpet. It doesn't get off the super-tough-set-in stains, but will remove dirt stains. And it leaves your carpet feeling all fluffy and new.

My only complaint is that the cord is too short, I have to keep finding closer plugs, but no biggie really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users