Anyone have a Steam Mop?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Oooh! I'm so excited that there's a thread here on steam mops. I've had my eye on the H20, but wasn't sure which would be best... Now I"m going to check out that link that Rachel posted. Thanks!

#22 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

I am watching the Shark infomercial now...gosh I really want one!

Rachel did you get the Bissell?

#23 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

Rach - did you get the Bissel? i think we need one of these to compliment our Dyson lol!

#24 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

My mom bought the bissell and sent it home with me yesterday to try out. I plan on opening that bad boy up within the next few days and report back. I'm really excited to try it- is that sad?? LOL
          Happily married since 2008

#25 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

I got the Shark for my bridal shower last year and it works good. but sometimes i feel like i have to scrub my kitchen floor on my hands and knees, mostly just because of the dogs and honestly i dont clean my floors as much as i should so maybe that's the real problem.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#26 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

My future inlaws have the shark and LOVE IT! I really need to get one (new puppy and you know how that goes) I am not sure which brand I want, Is the shark the best?
              Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#27 jajajaja

• VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

See post #16. I posted a reviews link. That may help you decide exactly what you are looking for.

#28 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

I'm going to try the shark because I really wanted the scooba but it's so expensive. I'm gald to hear all the comments about this.

#29 jajajaja

• VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

Ok so I used the Bissell and forgot to update. I actually really liked it. One of the consumer complaints was that it left hardwood floors too wet. I didn't have that problem at all. They looked just as wet as they do when I hand mop.

I did have to stop and fill the water container up twice I think. It was not a huge hassle in my opinion so I'm not sure why people really complain about that. It's so easy so they are just whiners. :) Plus it heats right back up pronto.

I didn't see a ton of steam like you do in the infomercial. But I felt the heat on the floor and when I picked the mop up and looked at it I could see the steam. So it's there- its just not big steam clouds or anything.

I would say that I don't think it's a good "scrubber" mop- like if something is REALLY stuck the floor. I guess I'm not comfortable using it to put a little elbow grease in. I would just grab a rag and clean the spot manually if that were the case.

I can't really think of anything else I have to say on it, but if you have any questions, please let me know. I'm going to whip that bad boy out again this weekend so I may have more to say!

#30 lmuze

• 457 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

My FI, who hates to mop floors, saw the Shark steam mop and ordered it while I was away. When I heard about it, I was convinced that we'll have to send it back but when it arrived i changed my tune. My FI has been mopping every three days or so (we also have wood floor everywhere). . .so besides the floor being sparkling clean, I have not had to mop our floors in the last three months...Yay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users