Anyone have a Steam Mop?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 jajajaja

• VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

So I got stuck watching an infomercial for the Shark steam mop and now I'm kinda interested in one. I like the idea that no chemicals are used (I have pets!), it uses steam to clean and sterilize (I have dirty pets!!) and I HATE mopping the floors. It looks so easy and it sure beats me mopping on my hands and knees. Our house is almost entirely hardwood floors so my knees take a beating and I don't like the way other mops clean!

I've done a little bit of research on them, but was wondering if the BDW girls have any personal experience.
    Happily married since 2008

#2 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

I have the shark and I love it. We have a cat and a dog so I also like it because it has no chemicals. It is amazing what it picks up and I also really like the fact that you can wash the pads.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 jajajaja

• VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

Awesome. What kind of flooring do you have? I know it says it can be used on hardwood but I'm somewhat nervous about that.

#4 Jessica

• VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

Oh my gosh! I was totally going to come on here to start the same thread! Seriously. I've been hooked on that commercial for awhile now. It sounds awesome. I also just saw it in Target today for $80 so I wanted to know if anyone else had it.

#5 Birdie07

• 1,218 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

My previous bosses have a house cleaner (one of my best friends now) and she was mopping and then they bought a steam mop (not the shark). WOW! It is awesome. I watched her clean those floors in like half the time. Plus it dried pretty quick. Great for the crawling baby at the time. I want one so bad right now. The mop b/c of so much water was making the floor buckle in one spot. But the steam mop uses a certain amount of water and no chemicals. It's amazing.

#6 jajajaja

• VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

Jess, I've also read that it was carried at Costco one time but I'm not sure how long ago that was. I haven't looked at their website yet.

Also, I've read some reviews that say the Bissell version is better but I think it's a bit more expensive.

#7 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

I have one and I love it too! I use it on our hardwood floors as well as ceramic tile. I have yet to try it on the carpet yet but even if it's not great, I'd say it was worth it just for our other floors.

#8 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

This sounds like it might be good for me. Our whole house has hardwood floors, excpet for the bathroom and kitchen, they are tile. I cant keep the floors looking clean enough to save my life.
                  Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#9 starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

You read my mind too! I want one, glad to know it works as advertised.

#10 NHPT

• 3,848 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

i have the H2O steam mop- saw it on an infomercial but ordered it from bed bath and beyind and i LOVE it. works on our tile, and hardwood perfectly. so much easier than dealing with a regular mop
                      Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users