Sign in to follow this  
jajajaja

Anyone have a Steam Mop?

So I got stuck watching an infomercial for the Shark steam mop and now I'm kinda interested in one. I like the idea that no chemicals are used (I have pets!), it uses steam to clean and sterilize (I have dirty pets!!) and I HATE mopping the floors. It looks so easy and it sure beats me mopping on my hands and knees. Our house is almost entirely hardwood floors so my knees take a beating and I don't like the way other mops clean!

I've done a little bit of research on them, but was wondering if the BDW girls have any personal experience.

I have the shark and I love it. We have a cat and a dog so I also like it because it has no chemicals. It is amazing what it picks up and I also really like the fact that you can wash the pads.

Oh my gosh! I was totally going to come on here to start the same thread! Seriously. I've been hooked on that commercial for awhile now. It sounds awesome. I also just saw it in Target today for $80 so I wanted to know if anyone else had it.

My previous bosses have a house cleaner (one of my best friends now) and she was mopping and then they bought a steam mop (not the shark). WOW! It is awesome. I watched her clean those floors in like half the time. Plus it dried pretty quick. Great for the crawling baby at the time. I want one so bad right now. The mop b/c of so much water was making the floor buckle in one spot. But the steam mop uses a certain amount of water and no chemicals. It's amazing.

Jess, I've also read that it was carried at Costco one time but I'm not sure how long ago that was. I haven't looked at their website yet.

Also, I've read some reviews that say the Bissell version is better but I think it's a bit more expensive.

I have one and I love it too! I use it on our hardwood floors as well as ceramic tile. I have yet to try it on the carpet yet but even if it's not great, I'd say it was worth it just for our other floors.

This sounds like it might be good for me. Our whole house has hardwood floors, excpet for the bathroom and kitchen, they are tile. I cant keep the floors looking clean enough to save my life.

i have the H2O steam mop- saw it on an infomercial but ordered it from bed bath and beyind and i LOVE it. works on our tile, and hardwood perfectly. so much easier than dealing with a regular mop