Photo

Your Best Money Saving Moment?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 holstang

holstang
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

So the Budget Bride thread got me to thinking about all the ways we can save money, but what was your best money saving moment so far?

I'm going to have to say that my shining moment was selling some leftover OOT bag items & envelopes and buying my shower dress on ebay with my earnings! I bought a White House Black Market Dress I've had my eye on since last fall for 80% off what it was going for originally, new with tags! YES!!!!

What's your best money saving moment so far in your planning?

#2 sarafish81

sarafish81
    • 353 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

I would say the best thing I did was search on-line for beachy wedding favors and OOT bag stuff and then scour e-bay for those items for a much cheaper price than I would have paid at an on-line store. It was time-consuming but well worth it.

#3 Pattee

Pattee
      • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:31 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by holstang
        So the Budget Bride thread got me to thinking about all the ways we can save money, but what was your best money saving moment so far?

I'm going to have to say that my shining moment was selling some leftover OOT bag items & envelopes and buying my shower dress on ebay with my earnings! I bought a White House Black Market Dress I've had my eye on since last fall for 80% off what it was going for originally, new with tags! YES!!!!

What's your best money saving moment so far in your planning?
        I would have to say our best money saving moment was realizing that the wedding we want in the US would be too expensive because we would have too many people to invite. We then realized we can save money by having a destination wedding and still being able to invite everyone. But this is a given right?

#4 VioletVol

VioletVol
        • 151 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

I hope more people will post on this, this is a great thread! I haven't had one big money saving moment yet, but I have had a lot of small savings. I would say the best thing for me has been using coupons to save on OOT bags, I am getting to do a lot more than I would have if I had to pay for everything. Even $1 items can really add up. Also for our AHR we chose a venue that has tables, chairs, sound equpment and other things we would have had to rent separate. The venue was a little more than our 2nd choice, but it has paid for itself. Our dj is charging us half price since he doesn't have to bring his own equipment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users