Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

Does your FI/DH know how much you weigh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Debra~ View Post
My FI knows how much I weigh but only because I complain about it all the time and when I lose weight I'm always so excited that I tell him. My personal goal is to lose another 10 pounds but he doesn't want me to lose anything because he likes me curvy and with meat on my bones but when we met I was about 20 pounds lighter so I want to get back to that and he supports it...as long as I don't lose my butt LOL

haha me too!! I've gained 20 since we met and I fluctuate all the time and always tell my FI every pound I gain or lose....he loves to tease me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
He knows how much I weigh and my bra size.
LOLLL this made me laugh! Recently my FI was showing off his BBerry Curve to a friend, and saying "Oh here is Chantal's profile, when she calls this cute picture of her comes up". I looked, and right under my photo is my bra size!!! It was too funny!

Yes, he knows what I weigh. I lost 17 lbs since January, and he took away the scale last week because I was becoming a bit obsessed by numbers. I've felt much better since I can't weigh myself and just exercise and watch what I eat now...

Chantal

That's actually pretty funny that FH is so concerned about his appearance. My Dh could care less what anyone else thinks. He is always in shape b/c of the military, but has gained weight since our DW.

I have gained a TON of weight since our DW ... and DH knows b/c I bitch and moan and complain about my weight all the time, lol. He says I look fine and am beautiful, blah blah .... which is so sweet - and I hope love truly is blind :-) but I am 40 pounds heavier than at our DW ... so i DON'T look *fine*.

DH probably doesn't know my *exact* weight - but he knows what size clothes I wear and that I am tryin to lose 40 pounds ... so I guess that is close enough.

Off to work out now.... :-)

we don't even know ourselves how much we weigh! we don't own a scale. although both of us are still trying to lose a bit of post-wedding/newlywed flab (almost a year later, yikes). we will be ttc next summer, so as long as we lose it by then, we'll be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaelM View Post
DH doesnt know my actual weight - he knows the range. I think if he knew my number he would be shocked haha i think he thinks i weigh like 10 pounds less than i actually do - ill just keep it that way :)
We're exactly the same way. I easily fluctuate +/- 5 lbs. When school gets really hectic I go for prolonged periods where I forget to eat breakfast and lunch. So he only knows the range. Surprisingly, if you ask him he'll always same I'm on the low end. I'm also incredibly self conscious and have issues with weight and eating-so he's knows not to get on that topic with me.

He doesn't know my actual weight. He does know that I was about 20+ pounds less than what I currently am. I was doing weight watchers when we met. Needless to say I have gained that weight back and more. It's hard because he is such a bigger guy than me. Plus he loves ice cream and I have a hard time saying no. He loves me regardless. I would like to get back into shape before the wedding.

My husband knows how much I weigh. We support each other in weight loss so its a good thing. He could really care less anyway. It wouldn't matter to him if I was 150 or 250 lbs.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread!

Anyway, DH does know what I weigh and he has for a long time. Mostly because I complain loudly but also because in the almost 9 years that we have been together, I had (at my heaviest almost 2 years ago) gained 42 lbs...half of those were gained in our first year of dating!! Crazy right? Anyway, last year I wanted to lose 20 lbs and I'd always hop on the scale every Friday and excitedly tell him what I weight...I ended up losing the 20 lbs but gained 10 of those back over the last 8 months. Now I'm trying to lose another 20 to 30 lbs again and he is very supportive. He knows exactly what I weigh this very minute and I don't give a crap, although I do agree that it is a personal thing and if you don't want to share it that you shouldn't feel pressured to do so. He loved me when I was 120 lbs and he still loved me when I was 164 lbs and he loves me now at 149 lbs, so I know he doesn't really give a crap. I've been told by numerous people that I carry my weight extremely well and that I have (luckily) a very well-proportioned body, so I guess that helps too. :)

FI does NOT know what I weigh and he knows better than to ask. I'm 5'10 barefoot and he's about 5'8". When I was at my smallest (which I was when I met him) he started the "how much do you weigh" convo by telling me. It was less than me!

So I did what ANY rational woman would do, I burst into tears (on the way to work no less) and told him we had to break up. Once he calmed me down, I decided against that course of action and instead decided to fatten him up.

Needless to say, I don't think we'll have that convo again.

Oh and as a side note, I am SOOOO glad to hear that the Wii Fit says "ouch" when someone else gets on the scale. I was REALLY upset by that the first few times.