Does your FI/DH know how much you weigh?

jk1101

My FI knows my weight, and i know his. We work out together, and kinda keep each other on track. He helps push me when i'm ready to quit and vice versa, but usually i'm the one thats ready to leave early! I think its a good thing that he knows, but a range would always work too, most people weight can fluctuate in a given month.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He knows my weight but not because he asked to know it. We don't have a scale here at our house but when we go back home (where our families live) my parents & his have scales so we've gone in & stepped on them in front of each other. As PPs have already mentioned, it really IS just a number. I had my baby in July of '08 & around 3 months postpartum I was already back to my pre-pregnancy weight (all thanks to breastfeeding!!) BUT my body does not look the same at all. My hips & thighs expanded (not that I'm surprised or anything), my arms gained a little flab, & my butt got bigger. It's not a horrible situation or anything, I know, I just need to start making time for myself & focus on getting some workouts in each week. My point is, it really doesn't matter what the scale tells you because, like in my situation, I might be the same weight as I was before I got pregnant but the pairs of shorts I was able to wear then do NOT fit me now...the scale is not a helpful gauge, for me anyway!

my FI knows how much i weigh, it doesn't really matter anyways...it's a number...it doesn't reflect who i am as a person.

we try to help motivate each other to make positive changes in our life. i recently studied and became a holistic nutritionist. i did that to benefit my own ongoing health issues. i don't like to focus as much on the number on the scale as i do to how i feel and what i eat. i think if you make realistic nutrition choices, work out a few times a week, then the scale should reflect that. if it doesn't then you may have more serious health issues to consider.

also...in a marriage keeping secrets as small as they are isn't really necessary or healthy. be proud of who you are.

I have never owned a scale in my life except for the last few mths due to my FI lol. He is in awesome shape, works out, and is a personal trainer on the side. I on the other hand don't work out, eat whatever I want, but I totally look like I work out. It kills him that I don't have to work out which he tells everyone. I never really cared how much I weighed only that I fit into a certain size! Now that we have a scale I am on it all the time, and I get my FI to guess my weight lol. I could care less. I have a 10yr and a 8mth old! It really is just a # and muscle weighs much more then fat ladies!!!! Plus if we are retaining water lol there some added pounds, and are height gives us added lbs too. I weigh 111-115lbs (it fluctuates lol) but I should work out. He won't train me as I complain too mcuh and I don't have enough $$ to pay him LOLOL he says. If your FI cares how much you way then he really doesn't love you for you! My FI has seen me in a wheelchair, crutches, preg, in labor HAHA, pms'n etc and he feels the same way about and for me if not more love and respect! If you are healthy and happy that is what should really matter! It is good to treat yourself and not deprive yourself of all that yummy food. My sister has 2 children and she is bigger, I guess I have freaky genes lol. Loose weight for yourself and not anyone else because you will never be happy if you are doing it for someone other then yourself. Don't let anyone take your joy!! WHOOO HOOO

FI does not know my weight. He never even mentioned my weight loss when I lost 20 pounds - so it goes both ways. It's not that I am ashamed of it, but I would be extremely hurt if it was a concern of his and he was concerned enough to suggest that I needed to lose.

My FI, one of his groomsmen and my MoH all know eachother's weight,body measurements and fat measurements. We are all in "crunch mode" and we are tracking results. When we are out of town for work we try to use facebook to keep everyone honest. The guys have even tried to do a few DVD's of Jillian Michaels with us. My FI and I keep our weight on a calendar on the fridge. It keeps me in line. We do try to emphasize reduction in fat and measurements as we all know that muscle weighs more than fat. My weight is now 131lbs and I only have to lose another 1/2" to 1" to make my dress feel comfortable because I am NOT paying to get that beast altered!

• 3 weeks later...

My FI know's how much I weight. I am way over weight too but the way I look at it is he loves me for who I am and he is not stupid. He could have probably guessed pretty close to my weight. ( My boss guessed it exactly and he is a man) (we talk about this stuff all the time) Anyway, I am trying to lose weight but I need to be a healthier person and if John doesn't love me b/c he know's my number than tough crap.

My Ex husband was obessed with my weight... it was ok for him to have extra weight on however I had to look good for him. He forced me on a scale ever week and yelled at me about my weight. I became very ashamed of myself and felt very weak.

When I left him I did gain weight and have kept it on for a number of years... My FI met me at my heaviest and asked me to marry him at 200lbs... I have lost since then however I am still a big girl... My Fi never once ask me what i weight or my size. We live together and he buys things for me to wear and it fits. I am sure he looks at the tags and figures out the size and where i like to shop. I would like to be thinner however it isn't an issue for me