Beaches Turks

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KimberlyAnne

• 68 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

We have been debating about receptions at the resort,
    any ideas or opinions about just having a cocktail reception with a dj?

#2 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hi Kim.... I was a Beaches bride in Negril. If you want check out the Beaches Negril thread. This might help you out a bit on what girls have done or are thinking of doing. Lots and lots of q & a's in the thread. Happy Planning!!

#3 KimberlyAnne

• 68 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thank You, I am going to check out that thread now. I thought that I had everything done and plans keep changing :)

#4 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

I am having a reception with passed h'oerdves (sp?) and were hiring a dj etc. Its an extra amount of money but its worth it. The basic package comes with a 30 min reception. Def not long enough for me.

#5 KimberlyAnne

• 68 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

I am thinking about changing everying .. we were set for a 4pm ceremony and then a sit down dinner with a dj. After looking at some posts and other reviews and the treads that Amanda suggested, I just second guessed everything I wanted. :)
            Looks like we may be shooting for a late morning ceremony and then a night cocktail reception with dancing/dj ..... IDK...

#6 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

can you forward me those threads? I can not find them...

We are doing a 4pm ceremony followed by an added 3hr. reception starting at 530pm with which will basically be a cocktail hour with dj and all the norm wedding stuff.

I was under the impression you couldnt get married in the morning and have the reception at night but I may be completely wrong.

You should def. consider hiring Tropical Imaging for your photos. After your ceremony.. especially if you are going to get married in morning and reception at night.. they will take you and your bridal party, parents etc off property to get some amazing pictures. I am also surprising my fiance dallas with a boudoir book. Which I will be doing my session with them on the thursday before my wedding!

#7 KimberlyAnne

• 68 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

Ok, I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but incase the link does not work
                I did a search for "beaches negril" and just went over the thread topics...or you can find posts from "2bebridejamaica", her threads were very helpful!!

#8 Trimalusta

• 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

I'm THIS CLOSE to booking Beaches T&C for September 2011!! I"ve done a lot of research on the weather patterns in Turks and I know I can't plan to a T, but I'm thinking of doing a a morning ceremony. I have plenty of time!

Beaches Negril, 9/24/2011.

#9 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:18 AM

be careful of hurricanes. that is hurricane season.

#10 JenniferSS

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

I'm going to Beaches Turks & Caicos September 2-5 and will be speaking with the WC - if she's not too busy !

Anything you would like for me to ask while I'm down there ? Specific pictures?

I'm excited to go back- it's one of my favorite resorts in the Caribbean!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users