List of things that can be bought now without a guest list??

Great thread, I agree!

So far I've designed the invites, and now that I have confirmation of the date and time I can hopefully put them together over the holidays while I'm home (so the crafty people can help me!).

When I ordered my dress, I got a credit for a wedding favour website, but since I had to put them in at the same time I did order some favours preemptively.  I'm assuming there will be about 30 people, and if not I can sell (or give away to people that couldn't make it) some of the extra things. 

Research is key I think.  The biggest research thing for me was the resort. 

Vista print stuff is also a good idea.  They had a "25 free magnet" coupon the other day, so I ordered those.  I'll probably need more, but now the next time the free magnet thing comes up, I already have 25 :D.

Otherwise research and inspiration, so as the smart posters above me said - when the time comes to make these decisions, they're a painless as possible.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other planning items I've done is song lists, photo montage (now I just have to track down some AV equipment on site), monograms.  I also just ordered some free thank you notes from Vistaprint (I don't expect many gifts but I did get one surprise engagement gift so I wanted to have some informal thank yous on hand.  My guest book is a photo book -  I'm not having a photo booth but having an instant camera.  I didn't buy that yet, but did go to Party City and bought a bunch of fun props for photos like boas, big glasses, leis, feather masks, beach balls. 

Love this thread.

Have you asked your bridal party to be a part of the day, yet?

Shopped for their attire?

Picked out wedding colors?

Decided on a theme if any?

Figure out what songs you want played at the ceremony.

There are a ton of templates to look through on this site and you can work on that stuff now or at least decide which ones you want to do!

Good luck

This is a great thread!

Here are some things you can do and purchase without a guest list/head count

1. Cake Topper

2. Bouquet Jewel, you could also make your bouquet

3. Dress

4. accessories like shoes, hair flower, jewelry, garter

5. Wedding bands

6. Grooms Attire

7. Toasting flutes

8. Cake cutter/server

9. Any kind of signage, like directional signage pointing to your wedding, mr. & mrs. or bride and groom chair signs

10. Start working on welcome books/letters and pre-travel brochures

11. Book photography

12. Order table decorations

13. Book entertainment

14. Think about wedding day hairstyle and make-up, collect pictures to take to your stylist

15. Book your travel accomodations and flights

16. Book your honeymoon

17. Start buying your clothes for your trip, welcome dinner attire, rehearsal dinner attire etc...

• 3 months later...

Our wedding is still 9 months away but I've designed our welcome brochure, welcome bags and welcome booklets...plan on at least designing our programs but will have to wait to print them.  We've also picked out our music, dinner selection, favors, etc.

This is a great thread!! Thanks so much ladies! I am in the early stages as well and have no real head count yet either.

I just joined Vista Print and could spend hours there. I am not crafty by any means but the templates seem easy enough to make some brochures and welcome letters.
I thought it was too soon to start this and start buying for my oot bags but I guess its better to start now then to wait and have everything to do at once.

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

This is a great thread!

Here are some things you can do and purchase without a guest list/head count

1. Cake Topper

2. Bouquet Jewel, you could also make your bouquet

3. Dress

4. accessories like shoes, hair flower, jewelry, garter

5. Wedding bands

6. Grooms Attire

7. Toasting flutes

8. Cake cutter/server

9. Any kind of signage, like directional signage pointing to your wedding, mr. & mrs. or bride and groom chair signs

10. Start working on welcome books/letters and pre-travel brochures

11. Book photography

12. Order table decorations

13. Book entertainment

14. Think about wedding day hairstyle and make-up, collect pictures to take to your stylist

15. Book your travel accomodations and flights

16. Book your honeymoon

17. Start buying your clothes for your trip, welcome dinner attire, rehearsal dinner attire etc...

First thing we did is decide to have a DW :) and then decide on the resort.  The date was kind of always there once we got engaged so that never seemed to be an issue.  

So far...we ordered business cards with our travel agents sites, and as a pre STD so we could share the news with everyone before we officially knew all the details.  Free from VP

I have ordered my Photosharing oversized Post Cards Free from VP

Pens-Free from VP

Year to Go Postcards Free from VP

Tshirts Free from VP to wear on the plane, along with my Bride and Just Married Hats from VP free

Address labels for all of our pre wedding mailings and the post wedding ones, all free from VP (VP ROCKS)

I just ordered my RSVP cards from VP, and I had to order baby shower invites for my FSIL and nephew, and there was that deal announced for the $10.00 for $50.00 on VP so my RSVP cards with envelopes (qty 60) only cost me $1.51 plus shipping.  VP has been my saving grace, I was going to make my own but with that deal I could not pass it up.

Items for OOT bags (i've only bought things that I can use in my real life if I bought too many)

Hand Sanitizer

B&BW Carried Away lotion travel size, they had it for $1.00 a bottle

Loofahs for the ladies

Suduko Puzzles

Pencils

Pony Tail holders for the ladies

Emory boards

Blistex

Decks of Cards

So then we designed and mailed the STD's, I have our prewedding newsletter almost finished just have to print it and mail it.  

We ordered our bottles for the invitations, just bought the paper, have to finish researching how we want to create our MIB invites work on getting those mailed in the next 2 months.  I don't want to feel rushed, I want to have as many of the details done in advance so that it doesn't start to feel like a chore.

I've researched my bouquet and jewels

kind of browsing dresses online but i hate my arms so I don't even want to look until I feel comfortable 

The rest is kind of waiting for the items that I know that I want to go on sale so that I can get them cheap.

Wow, I should pretty feel good about myself right about now because all me prewedding including invites and STD's and everything above, we have spent less than $400.00 on our wedding so far.  That is absolutely amazing.

I'm just going to sit here in stunned amazement.  You ladies all rock so hard for inspiring me.