deodorant/anti-perspirant

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 sperger

sperger
  • Banned
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

I too had this issue when I was a teenager and have tried them all, including a prescription from my dermatologist (I think it was Drysol, but I felt like my armpits were burning). I would definitely recommend CertainDri, which I used to find at CVS. This worked as well as the CertainDri for me, and you could put it on in the AM (Though, they recommend using it at nighttime too). I don't remember getting the "deodorant balls" - it was a roll on, so you can't see it.
    I don't have a problem with sweating anymore, and will use the Secret Clinical Strength or the Dove clinical one now.
    Hope this helps!

#22 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Wow! I am SO trying the Drysol. Thanks so much for all the information ladies! I love this place!!!! :) :) :)

#23 michelle6114

michelle6114
      • 209 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

I love Drysol. I think in the US though you need a presciption for it.
        Word to the wise, do not use drysol right after shaving! The first few times you apply it, use it sparingly and rub it in with your fingertips. It can make your armpits a little irritated at first, but it will go away.
        I use it a few times a week , and regular deoderant every day. The combination works great. Drysol is clear liquid (like alcohol) and goes on with a spongy applicator.

#24 stefnicole

stefnicole
        • 544 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by michelle6114
          I love Drysol. I think in the US though you need a presciption for it.
          It is prescription only here in the US. You're right.

#25 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
          • 258 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:27 PM

I'm a big advocate for drysol as well0 it works wonders for constant sweaters like me. :) When I first started using it, I had to put it on maybe 2-3 times a week at night. Now I sweat so little (because of the drysol) that I find I only need to put it on once every 3 weeks or so. DO be careful about not putting it on right after shaving because it will irritate your skin. The first couple times you use it, you might find your armpits get very itchy. That only lasted for an hour or so after I put it on the first couple times. Now I can't live without this stuff!

#26 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

Kinda makes you wonder what's in the stuff if you only have to use it every 3 weeks! lol

I am going shopping tomorrow after work, so I'll look for it.

THANK YOU!!!!!! *hugs*

#27 Vikki

Vikki
              • 807 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

Yay! Great thread.

I have the same issue, either deodorant doesn't keep me dry or it leaves white marks. Ugh.

I'm definitely going to have my doctor get an Rx for the drysol and try that out.

#28 CrystalM

CrystalM
                • 829 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

Best thing I've found is Mitchum mens unscented smart solid. It's a solid but it's water based. NEVER leaves marks, no smell to it at all, is about $4, and it's strong.
                  I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#29 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CrystalM
                    Best thing I've found is Mitchum mens unscented smart solid. It's a solid but it's water based. NEVER leaves marks, no smell to it at all, is about $4, and it's strong.
                    Really? that's interesting! Thanks for the info, I may have to check that out!

I checked Wal-Mart and couldn't find the Drysol. Do you have to ask the pharmasist?

#30 jetsbride

jetsbride
                    • 794 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

Lisa - Yep, just ask the pharmacist for the Drysol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users