Sarah's Riu Palace Wedding Review!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob1kanobe View Post
Sarah...amazing review...it all sounds so wonderful ---I of course have additional questions:

The gazebo on the side by the Mexican Restaurant - is that the one you opted not to use?

How was the privacy on the Mexican Terrace? Did it feel seperate from the restaurant?

Were your guests able to order liquor drinks at the reception or just beer, wine, champagne & shots?

Did you hire the Mariachi through Riu? We were thinking about hiring them for our ceremony but they are super expensive - and once you figure bringing in outside group will I have to pay the $70 per person cuz wowsers will that make it not affordable.

Were you able to request your room locations once you got there or did they just stick the guests wherever they wanted?

Ummmm....I think that is all for now but I will probably have more later...

Thank you thank you being our first and giving such an awesome review...YAY!!!! you're married!!!!!!
Yes the Gazebo on the right hand side is much nicer, it has grass and flowers, but thats the side with construction. The gazebo on the side as the mexican restaurant was the one we opted not to use just b/c I didnt really like the view. It still is nice, but I figured we are in Mexico, we might as well do the beach thing!

The terrace is seperated from the rest of the restaurant by 2 glass doors and large glass windows. People in the restaurant can totally spy on your wedding, but honsetly I never noticed this. It felt very private to us, I didnt even notice the others inside the restuarant. The beach is the same b/c where the reception set up is people can look over the railings and spy! When you get your appetizers you have to go into the restuarant. The main dish is served on your plate

I am not sure about other liqure drinks.I am sure you could order things like rum and coke ect. My guests never ordered them. the wine and beer was enough! The mexican restaurant (or any of the al la carte restaurants) does not make any blended fruity drinks like maragriats,daquires or pina coladas. Only the main bars in the loby, pool and piano bar make these

We hired the Marachi through the WC at Rui, it was expensive, but if you could get away with not paying the day pass it would save you some cash!

We got a room on the left hand side of the resort and the guests were placed on the right. A couple people asked to switch and they were able to. I am not sure if you can make room assigments with your TA before you get there. Construction probably wont be too bad when you are there, as the resort is slated to open in late Oct. They will be done all the really loud stuff be then! And the other Gazebo might be available then

Just a note, if you need you wedding dress steamed they have to send it into town, so make sure you do it early in the week!

Hope this helps!
Sarah

Sarah,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad everything went well. You look so beautiful and your wedding and so happy. You have definitely made me more excited than before. I actually reserved the gazebo by the Mexican restaurant because that is where we are having our reception as well. When I was there last I did not even see the other one. I am going to ask Adriana for a picture.

Did you go through everything you need Adriana to take care of at your first meeting? How much room do you think you would have for dancing if you have 50 guests on the terrace of the Mexican restaurant for the reception? Oh and did you do your own makeup or did they do it in the spa?

Thanks and cannot wait to see your pics from Juan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTEN View Post
Sarah,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad everything went well. You look so beautiful and your wedding and so happy. You have definitely made me more excited than before. I actually reserved the gazebo by the Mexican restaurant because that is where we are having our reception as well. When I was there last I did not even see the other one. I am going to ask Adriana for a picture.

Did you go through everything you need Adriana to take care of at your first meeting? How much room do you think you would have for dancing if you have 50 guests on the terrace of the Mexican restaurant for the reception? Oh and did you do your own makeup or did they do it in the spa?

Thanks and cannot wait to see your pics from Juan?
Yes you will go through all the details when you meet with Adrianna. It is helpful that have pics and know your colours. As the the room on the terrace, it depends how you set up your tables and weather you are having a DJ. I did 2 long tables and did not have a DJ, so there was lots of room for dancing
Sarah

How did the ipod and speakers work out? Did you feel like everything was well orchestrated and was it loud enough? Did you have to pay extra for the beach wedding and the arch? Hmmm I am sure I have more questions but they aren;t popping up just yet. Thanks in advance for all the insight and I am soooo glad to hear that everything went so well. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob1kanobe View Post
How did the ipod and speakers work out? Did you feel like everything was well orchestrated and was it loud enough? Did you have to pay extra for the beach wedding and the arch? Hmmm I am sure I have more questions but they aren;t popping up just yet. Thanks in advance for all the insight and I am soooo glad to hear that everything went so well. :)
The IPOD and speakers worked out really well. They were loud enough, I could hear the music great on the beach and for the reception part you can control the volume. There was no extra cost to have the ceremomy on the beach, honestly I would recommend it, I was super happy I changed it to the beach. Yes the arch, tiki torch and rose petals are all free!
Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBRIDEMA View Post
The IPOD and speakers worked out really well. They were loud enough, I could hear the music great on the beach and for the reception part you can control the volume. There was no extra cost to have the ceremomy on the beach, honestly I would recommend it, I was super happy I changed it to the beach. Yes the arch, tiki torch and rose petals are all free!
Sarah
you rock - thanks for answering all of our millions of questions... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sarah

I have a few questions also. I was thinking you got married at RIU Palace Las Americas in Cancun but appears at RIU Palace in Cabo. The WC that emailed was Lizette & Adriana so I assumed it was the same resort.

1.) Do you know if a burned cd of music will be okay versus the ipod?

2.) did you have any say so in setup of the ceremony like the chairs and coverings for the chairs and if flowers are used on chairs is it additional charge?

3.) Is interpreter needed for ceremony and if so is one provided?

4.) Was the selection of flowers to choose from adequate b/c of the climate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandstacey072607 View Post
Sarah
I have a few questions also. I was thinking you got married at RIU Palace Las Americas in Cancun but appears at RIU Palace in Cabo. The WC that emailed was Lizette & Adriana so I assumed it was the same resort.

1.) Do you know if a burned cd of music will be okay versus the ipod?
That I dont know. I am sure it would be okay for the ceremony b/c they just hook it up to speakers. You should ask the WC they would know for sure2.) did you have any say so in setup of the ceremony like the chairs and coverings for the chairs and if flowers are used on chairs is it additional charge?
I just went with what was provided for the ceremony. I am sure you could rent different chairs and linens at an additional cost, but honeslty this wasnt important to me. I really liked the way they set it up and the white was very clean and simple. For flowers on the chairs I am sure this would be an additional cost. I paided about 200 for the flowers on the slides of the arch.
3.) Is interpreter needed for ceremony and if so is one provided?
Yes an interpreter is provided, the WC acts as the interpreter. I am not sure if this is absoutly necessary. You are allowed to provide your own aswell
4.) Was the selection of flowers to choose from adequate b/c of the climate?
I am not sure I knew before hand that I wanted roses and orchids. I know they also have gerber daisy and lilys.
Hope this helps
Sarah