Jump to content


Trip Advisor ROR....thoughts?

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 kari

  • Newbie
  • 55 posts

    Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:01 AM

    Just wondering if any one else uses the trip advisor website and what your thoughts are. Obviously everyone has differnt standards and expectations and
    I know that you have to take everyones feedback with a grain of salt and normally I do that and everything is fine and we have been happy with resorts that we have stayed at in the past despite ppl having negative reviews. But im a month away from the wedding at the ROR and i was on trip advisor today and 90 percent of the reviews were great and the other 10 percent not so much..... Im feeling a bit stressed b/c of family and friends who have spent xxxx amount of money on this trip and im worried its not going to live up to my/their expections.......and i will feel horrible if its not a good experience for everyone.....

    #2 *Nadine*

    • Sr. Member
    • 5,466 posts

      Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:47 AM

      I use tripadvisor all the time but I also take it with a grain of salt. There are some people who are NEVER happy, no matter what you throw at them. and if 90% of the reviews are good, I think that tells you something! I have seen some bad reviews on there for my resort too but when I think of our group, I know how easy going and easy to please everyone is and i know they will all love it. I wouldnt stress!

      #3 sunstarsmoon

      • Sr. Member
      • 2,233 posts

        Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

        I would not worry. Some people can never be pleased. I would be more worried if only 10% were good.
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

        #4 airampz

        • Newbie
        • 48 posts

          Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

          I definetely agree with everybody. I use Tripadvisor all the time and it is how I actually picked my resort SMB and all the other hotels I am using for my honeymoon in Greece. Some people are never satisfied and complain about the smallest things so I too take it with a grain of salt. Besides if 90% are good reviews that definetely tells you a lot...the other 10% are the whiners and complainers

          #5 jk1101

          • Sr. Member
          • 2,582 posts

            Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

            I agree as well. I read Trip Advisor regularly and it has steered me away from some hotels that has 90% negative comments, but when 90% are good, I feel pretty confident. I've yet to read a resort where 100% of the comments are great. There's always somebody unhappy with something. The other thing is that when it comes to most of the Islands, the resorts are not what we are used to in the US...(I'll have to guess on Canada) but a 4-5 star resort on an island is not the same as a 4-5 star resort in Las Vegas....manage your expectations and read the reviews on BDW.....these are the BRIDES going through exactly what you will have.....they are happy, pictures are gorgeous!

            #6 JUSTUSTWO


              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

              Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

              Originally Posted by TA Maureen
              You said it, 90% are positive. That's a great percentage especially on Trip Advisor. Also even if there were more negative reviews than positive, you are a month away so there isn't much you can do. Don't second guess your decision. All your guests will have a great time!
              I definitely agree...90% positive & 10% negative Thats great! I mean, we all wish that there was 0% negative reviews, but everyone has different needs & different ratings when they are on vacation. On any vacation there are bound to be some things that people dislike, however minor. Some people only focus on those "negative areas" and sometimes make mountains out of molehills. This is not to take away from any negative review that you have come across, but just keep things in perspective. I know its stressful & I can honestly say that we felt the same way when we were planning our DW, especially since we had never been to ROR & didn't do a site visit.

              I strongly agree with Maureen in that you shouldn't worry, ROR is a wonderful resort & you and your guests are bound to have a great time.
              While you are looking at reviews on Trip Advisor, I also hope that you are paying attention to reviews here on BDW from past ROR brides.
              Us past ROR brides would not lead you astray. As a matter of fact, I leave to go back tomorrow! Trust me, if I didn't have a great time the first time around, I wouldnt be going back, especially with a group of 15!

              #7 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

              Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,326 posts

                Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

                I got worried too because I went on trip advisor and many people were complaining about my resort; especially about the food but they were soooo wrong. I think too people are just negative overall, but if you go with a positive attitude, then everything should be good. I would try not to read trip advisor anymore just so you can have peace of mind.

                #8 sn0048

                • Jr. Member
                • 264 posts

                  Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

                  I'm a little obsessive checking tripadvisor but I think everyone is right there are some people that will never be happy no matter what so it just depends on what your expectations are. My resort is about 75% good and 25% bad but I figure the trip is what you make it and if you are nice to the people who work there, they will be more likely to give you better service. I hope you're not freaking out too bad about the reviews my motto is expect for the worst but hope for the best! Hope this is helpful!

                  #9 kari

                  • Newbie
                  • 55 posts

                    Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

                    Thanks Ladies!!! You are all so right and i do know that it will all turn out fine and i know that the brides who have already been to this resort and others would not lead the rest of us astray :-)
                    Thanks for letting me "vent", i guess these are my pre-wedding jitters... LOL
                    Thanks for the advice.

                    #10 ringlis

                    • Newbie
                    • 10 posts

                      Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

                      I've heard nothing but great things about RIU Ocho Rios - don't worry - I think that is where we are going to end up booking our wedding. I have been to Ocho Rios before (at a different resort) and it's beautiful.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users