| Originally Posted by destination |
My favorite moment: My bro walked me down the aisle because my dad died when I was 13, so I told him he better have some good one-liners for the long walk cuz it was a little emotional without my dad. Just as we were about to walk, a bunch of our guests began pointing at the sky above the gazebo and my song began playing: somewhere over the rainbow and there was a rainbow directly above the gazebo where my honey was waiting for me!! A message from my Dad? I like to think so!
Share your most memorable moment from your wedding day.
Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:00 PM
Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:54 AM
1) the power going out in the hour preceding the ceremony. there were no lights, no air conditioning, no PHONES, no elevators, and worst of all, i could hear the alarm in the elevator being rung frantically! we were on the 9th floor and it was *exactly* the time that the photographer, my bridesmaids, the moms, and grandmom were supposed to be coming up to the room. my mom and DH's grandmother were in wheelchairs, and i started to worry that they wouldn't even be able to get from their rooms to the ceremony! way to raise the anxiety level right before the wedding, huh? my bms and mom eventually made it up to the room while the power briefly came back on, and it turned out it was my poor WC who was stuck in the elevator (i think she's scarred for life)! it all worked out fine tho ... the ceremony's late start actually resulted in *perfect* timing for sunset photos afterward!
2) holding it all together until just seconds before i walked down the aisle. i guess the anxiety of the last hour finally got to me and i lost it ... tears totally uncontrollably streaming down my face! my dad wouldn't look at me and said, "knock it off now! if you get me started, i'm going to be embarrassed!" LOL ... i collected myself and those were the last tears i shed ... i laughed SO much throughout the ceremony! (big surprise because i am such a crier!)
3) wiping sweat from DH's face knowing full well it would look as though i was wiping his tears away in pictures, LOL!
4) totally over-pouring the sand in our sand ceremony and being afraid to let go of the sand-filled funnel for fear it would dump all over the place!
5) the officiant pronouncing us "mr. & mrs. charles conroy" (charles is tom's middle name ... but also the best man's name! BM was wondering if he had signed the wrong line and we had accidentally just gotten married!)
6) dancing with dad, afraid i might lose my composure, until i looked over and saw my two sisters BAWLING ... it totally cracked me up!
7) flower girl asking if she could be my flower girl every time i got married.
listening to DH start snoring a split-second after asking if i was ok with saving the "wedding night" for the next morning, LOL!
longest post ever! my apologies ... i just have so many moments that stand out!
Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:04 AM
I love the new sig picture! so cute
Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:02 PM
Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:21 PM
1) Waiting with my dad right before walking down the aisle and thinking "wow its finally happening this time" (we had to cancel our original wedding in May in Mexico due to swine flu)
2) The judge's ceremony was AMAZING at one point he read what DH and I had written about each other. He had sent us a packet to get more information about us and we had written why we loved each other how we met, ect. We had no idea he was going to do this so it was an amazing surprise to have him read our own words on why we love each other
3) My little brother's speech - seriously the funniest thing in the world
Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:44 PM
oh and this all triggered one more memorable moment....when Michael RIPPED my train off my dress! :S eff...that was a BAD memorable moment so I didn't write it in the beginning lol
Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:15 PM
here are mine:
- hearing "somewhere over the rainbow" playing as I walked down all the steps at Caletas, I couldn't see anyone yet, just hear the music. my friend played that song at her wedding last weekend and I got all teary eyed then too!
-standing at the ceremony looking out into the ocean and listening to the waves crash while holding on to my DH's hands
- Dancing with my dad...I totally bawled like a baby! actually so did he!
-relaxing on the beach with my mom and aunts...it was a perfect way to spend a wedding day!
-seeing my DH at our "first glance", oh he looked SO freakin handsome!
-having my flowergirl tell me the next day that when she gets married she is getting married on a beach too!!! It just really touched me that she said that! (She is 6)
wow! I had a lot of memorable moments I know there are more but those are def. the standouts!
Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:23 PM
| Originally Posted by Rhonda |
4.) Seeing my mother in law right after she fell into the pool at the reception!
| Originally Posted by Sloan |
I probably would have peed my dress ... or cheered, or both!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users