Sign in to follow this  
msmoodyr

Bringing Flowers vs Buying there

Soooo .. I've reached a fork in the road .....

I found some gorgeous real touch bouquets, etc that I liked ..the quote was alittle pricy to not include any large arrangements, centerpieces .. SO, I thought I would get the ceremony/reception pieces there ...

Then the light bulb went on and now I'm thinking about just getting everything there ... the pro is .. I wont have to lug anything down ... but the con is I wont have that bouquet I saw that I loved so much and based my entire wedding color scheme on ..

I want my flowers/decorations to be the wow of the wedding. .. so waiting until the day to see it all together kinda rattles my nerves ...

the OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) side of me lol wants everything to match .. sashes ..runners.. etc you know pink just isnt pink ..theres fushia ..magenta... blah blah lol see how bad it is ...

Any advice??

Are you getting flowers from the resort or a florist in Ocho Rios? Maybe if you are dealing directly with the florist down there you will be able to be more involved before you actually get down there.

Or maybe you can work it out where the real touch flowers can just be shipped down to the resort so you don't have to worry about bringing them down yourself.

Bur my vote is to go real and if you can deal with either the resort or a florist I think they will be able to get you exactly what you want!

I am going with real flowers.. just going to the market when I get there. I just want a simple bouquet & my maid of honor is really good at putting these kind of things together. If i didnt have her to help I would prob just bring my own.

Who did you look for real touch flowers from? there are lots of vendors who can do anything you want at different prices.

I started looking for real touch flowers for 2 reasons! I want an orchid pomander for my daughter, our FG, I didn't want a basket cause it would pointless, she wouldn't get the idea. I was told $260 for the pomander (real flowers)!!! I was told if I did daisies it would be cheaper, but still $120!

Second, I really want smaller centerpieces, but not super small, in glass vases. I was told $80 each for my inspiration. I needed somewhere from 7-11.

I decided to start looking into real touch. I found an amazing designer. i should have photos anyday, she said this week and its friday so any day. I know prices depend on flowers you want. I wanted acapulco lillies, cream roses, and green cymbidium orchids. For real flowers I was quoted:

Bride bouquet: $110

BM's(need 4): $53 each

pomander: $260

bouts(need 9): $15 each

corsages(need 2):$23 each

Centerpieces (need 7): 80 each I could make them smaller and in a wood box for $50 but thats not what i wanted.

Plus $100 for delivery

So my total for real flowers: $1423 for what i wanted

I started sending quotes to every real touch designer. I'm so happy I did cause I ended up getting everything the way I want it and more for $698 (includes shipping)! And I added cake flowers into that!

I spend HALF the price! Yes now I have to bring them w/ me, we're just packing smart and giving some bags to our family members, but I get a to see them before and approve them and not worry on my day if they're what i want. it was definitely worth it to me!

I LOVE the pomander idea. I was thinking about doing that for my daughter who will be FG also, just dont see the need to throw petals down that will prob blow away right after they are thrown.

We're going to have petals down the aisle, but I think if cattie had to pull them out of her basket she wouldn't throw them, she'd put them in her mouth!

Im getting all my flowers ahead of time!! off of Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade.. seller: FentonFlorals

they are clay flowers but look so real!!! it is amazing!!!!and this way I can keep them forever!!!!! Most of the time you can not bring flowers from islands back into the country!!!

I am inlove with my flowers and will have to post pics!! they are perfect!!

Does anyone have any packing tips for getting the bridal bouquet to your destination without getting damaged? Can you carry it on or does it have to go into luggage because of all the wires inside?