Sandals Dunns River August Wedding
Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:05 AM
1) I was told that my guests would not be able to dine together at all.
2) I have over 20 rooms booked not including mine and the resort has not offered one thing in return. Not even an upgrade.
3) I have to pay for flowers and pictures ahead of time before I see them.
Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:08 AM
Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:18 AM
Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:21 AM
Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:37 AM
i agree with Heidi- you shouldnt be having to pay for things upfront when you dont even know what you are getting. Ask the coordinator for sample pics.
For the rooms- i would contact their group sales department. Just ask them waht their group qualifications are (how many rooms needed to be considered a group - typically 15-20). And what concessions they offer for groups. (upgrades, discounts etc.)
Are the guests rooms already booked through a travel agent or anything. Or did they book them all themselves?
If they are booking themselves- it may be hard to transfer them into a block, but if you have a travel agent working on this for you- then they should be working on group pricing for you....
hope this helps...
Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:23 PM
Oh well. Thanks for the support.
Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:44 PM
| Originally Posted by Lori |
I know a few ladies recently have been married at this resort. Is there anyone else out there getting married at this resort? I keep getting conflicting information from my travel agent and coordinator.
1) I was told that my guests would not be able to dine together at all. if you do not have a private reception it depends on if there is actually enough room at a rest...chances are no it won't happen
2) I have over 20 rooms booked not including mine and the resort has not offered one thing in return. Not even an upgrade. they used to have an 11th room free thing, but they seem to have taken that away, for a while it was on the website forever but the WC I was working with (Renee Phillips) said they did not offer it anymore.
3) I have to pay for flowers and pictures ahead of time before I see them. this is why many girls go outside of their resorts for photogs and flowers, I was told I could get outside flowers but I never got to the pictures part
I am still going to Ocho Rios for my honeymoon and we decided to go to Couples instead, I liked their prices and packages better. Obviously not much you can do now, but you really should talk to the WC at the resort
Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:59 PM
Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email email@example.com.
Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:21 AM
I have a package that was emailed to me and it says that you can have a private dinner (if you have more than 10 guests) for $50 US per person. Or the reception and dinner (which looks fantastic) for $75 per person. It sounds like you may have a lot of guests so that may not be very cost effective. I'm on the other end of the scale where we may only have 4-6 in total and the wedding coordinator for Negril didn't seem very helpful. I really want to go to Sandals but I'm not sure I want to deal with that particular coordinator....sigh..... wedding stress. Isn't that why we planned a wedding away To alleviate the stress? hahahaha
If you need more information or want to talk to another coordinator just for basic info, my first Sandals contact was Darma and she was FANTASTIC. I considered moving my wedding location just to deal with her. She is fast to reply and very easy to deal with. She emailed me yesterday that she is being transferred to one of the Ocho Rios Sandals but Darryl and I really want Negril. Here's her email address. firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck, I hope you get what you want.
Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:47 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users