Sign in to follow this  
Lori

Sandals Dunns River August Wedding

I know a few ladies recently have been married at this resort. Is there anyone else out there getting married at this resort? I keep getting conflicting information from my travel agent and coordinator.

1) I was told that my guests would not be able to dine together at all.

2) I have over 20 rooms booked not including mine and the resort has not offered one thing in return. Not even an upgrade.

3) I have to pay for flowers and pictures ahead of time before I see them.

HELP

Sorry you are having so many problems I am not a Jamaica bride but there are a few on here. I hope that they can help you

Thanks. I am just a nervous bride who wants a perfect wedding. The communication with the resort is okay, but very limited.

Yikes! Some of that would scare me too!!! How many guests are you having? I don't know about Sandals - I'm getting married next door at the RIU - but we get a complimentary upgrade (based on availability) with the wedding package. We're not doing room blocks, but if we did we would have gotten the 25th room free (but there's no way we'd fill 25 rooms anyway!!!). Did you book your wedding already? Maybe there is some info in your package info? And did you already pay for photos & flowers? That's weird that you cant see their past work before paying....

HI- sorry to hear that you are having troubles...

i agree with Heidi- you shouldnt be having to pay for things upfront when you dont even know what you are getting. Ask the coordinator for sample pics.

For the rooms- i would contact their group sales department. Just ask them waht their group qualifications are (how many rooms needed to be considered a group - typically 15-20). And what concessions they offer for groups. (upgrades, discounts etc.)

Are the guests rooms already booked through a travel agent or anything. Or did they book them all themselves?

If they are booking themselves- it may be hard to transfer them into a block, but if you have a travel agent working on this for you- then they should be working on group pricing for you....

hope this helps...

Hi All: My guests have booked through one travel agent and we have 22 rooms booked at the resort. I was told today that an upgrade would be available if they room to make that move upon our arrival. I e-mailed Renee our coordinator to see if we can make our purchases on site. The last time I asked I was told...Well, you need to pay now so they will be available.

Oh well. Thanks for the support.

I originally planned to get married at Beaches Boscabel so my responses are in pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I know a few ladies recently have been married at this resort. Is there anyone else out there getting married at this resort? I keep getting conflicting information from my travel agent and coordinator.

1) I was told that my guests would not be able to dine together at all. if you do not have a private reception it depends on if there is actually enough room at a rest...chances are no it won't happen

2) I have over 20 rooms booked not including mine and the resort has not offered one thing in return. Not even an upgrade. they used to have an 11th room free thing, but they seem to have taken that away, for a while it was on the website forever but the WC I was working with (Renee Phillips) said they did not offer it anymore.

3) I have to pay for flowers and pictures ahead of time before I see them. this is why many girls go outside of their resorts for photogs and flowers, I was told I could get outside flowers but I never got to the pictures part

I am still going to Ocho Rios for my honeymoon and we decided to go to Couples instead, I liked their prices and packages better. Obviously not much you can do now, but you really should talk to the WC at the resort

HELP

It very clearly states that outside photographers are prohibited. Obvioulsy if you had guest that just happened to have an awsome camera... that'd be good.

Hi, I am considering a Sandals wedding (Negril) so I have been in touch with wedding coordinators this week too.

I have a package that was emailed to me and it says that you can have a private dinner (if you have more than 10 guests) for $50 US per person. Or the reception and dinner (which looks fantastic) for $75 per person. It sounds like you may have a lot of guests so that may not be very cost effective. I'm on the other end of the scale where we may only have 4-6 in total and the wedding coordinator for Negril didn't seem very helpful. I really want to go to Sandals but I'm not sure I want to deal with that particular coordinator....sigh..... wedding stress. Isn't that why we planned a wedding awayhuh.gif To alleviate the stresshuh.gif? hahahaha

If you need more information or want to talk to another coordinator just for basic info, my first Sandals contact was Darma and she was FANTASTIC. I considered moving my wedding location just to deal with her. She is fast to reply and very easy to deal with. She emailed me yesterday that she is being transferred to one of the Ocho Rios Sandals but Darryl and I really want Negril. Here's her email address. dramirez@uvi.sandals.com

Good luck, I hope you get what you want.

Maggie

Ladies!!! I found out why I am having so many problems. My travel agent did not do a group booking, so we are basically beggings for what could have been. I will keep you posted and the saga continues.....LOL