Photo

Privilege Aluxes?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 aqua32marine

aqua32marine
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

I'm so glad to hear, Rachel, that you've signed the room block! I've been trying to figure out with them if the forms they sent me were for reservations (i.e. you don't show, you pay for the rooms regardless) or for a room block (i.e. put it on hold, don't pay unless reserving). My main contact on the reservations was Josefina and she's not with them anymore, so it's sorta back to square 1 with explaining everything

Depending on my final guest list, I may have a reception dinner outside of the hotel (like at Sunset Grill or at a cute restaurant called Miramar, it's near the ferry) just for some variety. If I get around 50 people I'll probably get a sunset cruise and just have appetizers and drinks.

Sheena: what pirate cruise are you thinking of? That sounds kinda fun. I've been speaking with a charter company (name escapes me but I can post it later) who charges about $500/hour for a private boat that can fit 55-60, and the pictures look really nice. We can also have them serve us food & drinks or we can bring our own.

#32 aqua32marine

aqua32marine
    • 60 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

Forgot to talk about the reception dinner. It seems like the choices are the Sabor restaurant or palapas outside of the Cafe Del Mar. On my trip there next month I'll make the location decision, and I'll definitely take some pictures and post them! I think I do want dancing at the reception and Elba mentioned that the dj booth is near the palapas, so that may be what we'll go with

#33 Sheena.

Sheena.
      • 61 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

i'm going w/ Sabor for the reception because it matches my colors - black, white and fuschia. Elba mentioned that she could set up the table in a u-shape and have the dance floor in the middle. You can have the reception at Sabor until 10:30. I'm going with the buffet option.

Fyi.. the cocktail hour is $5 for the all incl. plan and $15 for non-all incl.

I was referring to Capitan Hook for the cruise - its a bit pricey though $80 per person. The charter seems to be a better deal.

I'm confused about the whole room block thing - can our guests book individually through our room block or do we need to make all the reservations? Edgar is taking quite some time to get back to me.

#34 Sheena.

Sheena.
        • 61 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

I also found this website which seems to have good deals on cruises as well Cancun Luxury Yacht Charter - Dinner Cruises, Snorkeling

Starting prices are $45 with cocktails and open bar.

#35 aqua32marine

aqua32marine
          • 60 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hey Sheena, I'm having the exact same question for Edgar! I've actually talked to him on the phone (there's an 866 # on the website) and He said that they would set aside some room blocks without reservations BUT I got the sense he may have been just saying "yes" to make me happy because he's busy (trying to get things together after Josefina left and they have a wedding party this weekend). So I put it down in writing and am waiting for his approval of the contract. Very nerve wracking, I've been waiting for confirmation this past week

Here's where I found a boat charter: Yacht charter for weddings anniversary birthday boat Cancun, private group party boat leasing rental yacht

but it won't be as comfortable if there are more than ~50-55 people

#36 Sheena.

Sheena.
            • 61 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

I just got off the phone w/ Edgar and he said that you can block rooms with a credit card, but you will not be charged. They will then generate a code that all your guests can use to block their rooms. You will need to remove the room block for unused rooms 2 weeks before arrival to not be charged.

The yacht looks fun for a snorkeling trip might be a bit small for a rehearsal dinner.

#37 aqua32marine

aqua32marine
              • 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info Sheena!

I also got a price quote from the cancun discount folks for a steak and shrimp boat cruise for $59 pp:
                Cancun Lobster Dinner Cruise - Cancun Sunset Cruise

It's not that much more than the appetizers/cocktail option

Tina

ps your wedding website is awesome!!

#38 Sheena.

Sheena.
                • 61 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Wow, good deal on the Cruise! I think i'll definitely do it then.

Gosh i'm still waiting on Edgar - he takes forever! I'm waiting on the contract - since they are starting over again maybe he'll give me an even better deal!

Working on the site was fun!! Can't wait till i can start adding activities!

#39 aqua32marine

aqua32marine
                  • 60 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

Hi Sheena, I'm actually waiting for confirmation that the boat can leave from Isla Mujeres as well since the websites state Cancun departure. And Edgar takes forever in responding! If you want I can send you a copy of the reservation form that I got from them so you can start reviewing it

Tina

#40 Sheena.

Sheena.
                    • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

I signed the contract - i'm all set for feb 20th!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users