Alcohol Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

TAKE THAT recipe and add something to it and make it your signature drink. I cannot wait to use price punch it is purple and delicious. But since I changed out colors its back to the drawing board. What fun it should be.

#22 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
    • VIP Member
    • 4,116 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

OMG that is way too funny!! I just went to that site from the first link you posted and typed in Vodka Punch, and that recipe you just posted is what came up! I was thinking, yum that sounds really good! LOL Great minds think alike I guess! hehe
      Lol!!! It's meant to be! ;-)

Honestly I loved that punch! But that's the one that really isn't a pretty color. It's just kinda beige almost! lol! Which was a non-issue for my Halloween party but might not be ideal for your wedding. You may want something that uses a brighter fruit juice so that it's prettier when served. I think the tea in it is what "ruins" the color. Just makes it more brownish I guess.

Maybe you should make a test batch this weekend. . .

#23 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

haha were having a poker game here saturday so ill serve it up to the guys!! I would like a green coloured drink to match my colours...I think!

#24 sallytrip

• 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

I went to a wedding once where they had a cocktail hour while pictures were getting taken and then about an hour into they switched over to just beer and wine. Nobody knew that there was a cutoff so when the bartender said that he just had beer/wine after that, everyone was ok with it. You could try something like that and just bring a small amount of the punch. Once its gone, beer and wine.
          Our Wedding Website: www.sallyandtrip.com

#25 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
            I think it's ok to limit what you serve, but I would definitely keep a beer option, red & white wine & try to have a vodka/rum option. As far as it being too early to drink...umm, last I checked, as long as it was 11:30 am - drinking happens! And, even though people have to go to work the next day, I don't think that will hinder the drinking for most ppl - it's a wedding! Just my opinion :)
            I second all of the above. I also don't drink beer and really only drink mixed drinks, BUT if there was either vodka or rum i would be perfectly content. Vodka is probably the easiet because it basically goes with every mixer out there so you're bound to have lots of happy people.

Also what about buying the booze (including the beer/wine/soft drinks, etc.) at Costco? I find that when we have parties we save a LOT by buying our booze there. That way if you do decide on one liquor on it's own or a punch you can buy a couple of huge bottles for not a lot of $$$
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#26 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:42 AM

Us Canadians can't buy alcohol at Costco. We have regulated liquor stores and beer stores. We are able to buy wine in wine shoppes also. They put some wine shoppes (still regulated) in grocery stores but thats about it.

#27 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

Kelly, I was just about to say that about Costco.lol I wish it was like that here. We can buy a bunch with a liquor license, and we can return the unused bottles to the LCBO but it costs a bit more to buy it that way. I think we will stick with a punch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users