Photo

Alcohol Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 dragonfly

dragonfly
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

I think that sounds fine. I don't believe you wil get heavy drinkers on a Sunday. I would keep the beer, most guys like beer, wine of course, and the punch sounds like a good idea. What if you do a sweeter voldka based punch and a more tropical rum based punch, this way all bases are covered.

Kelly~

#12 LadyP

LadyP
    • 3,156 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dragonfly
      I think that sounds fine. I don't believe you wil get heavy drinkers on a Sunday. I would keep the beer, most guys like beer, wine of course, and the punch sounds like a good idea. What if you do a sweeter voldka based punch and a more tropical rum based punch, this way all bases are covered.

Kelly~
      My family drinks like fish. They would not care what day it is free drinks. who hoo

#13 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

I actually did this at my wedding. It was an evening wedding and I had a bar with beer, wine (red & white options and a white zinfandel) and champagne. It went great. People ate, drank and were very merry! ;-)

Not that they would tell me, but I didn't hear (or hear of) a single comment after the fact that people were disappointed by our beverage options. We know a lot of wine drinkers though...and those that aren't seem to be beer drinkers. (is that a Texas thing?) So everyone seemed really happy - we were left with just a smidge of beer in one of the kegs by the end of the night.

If you need help w/ how much to buy, I can look over our stuff for you and let you know what we got so you can start shopping/budgeting. Our group was larger - about 145 people - but we might be able to do a little tricky math and figure it out from there. ;-)

Just let me know! Also, I think I know of a handy little drink calculator that might work for you too. I'll see if I can find it.

#14 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
        • VIP Member
        • 4,116 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:37 PM

Here's one that might work:

3000 Drinks › Party Calculator

#15 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
          • VIP Member
          • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

Thanks Rachelle! Im going to check that calculator out.
            Im really thinking we will just go with a punch. A lot of people will be driving up from the city and not stay overnight so I cant see a lot of people drinking. I think most of the drinkers will be our friends and they all drink beer.
            Does anyone have any good recipes for punch?

#16 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
            • VIP Member
            • 4,116 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

one of my favorite sites has great recipes...I have one from there that I really like...although it's not a pretty color unfortunately. Tastes GREAT though...served it at a party and it was a hit. I'll find it for you just in case.

Anyway, the website is:
              Drinking at Epicurious.com

just enter your search citeria and have at it! I've had pretty good luck finding stuff on this site over the years. Also, they may have a drink calcualtor on there as well.

#17 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

I just used that calculator and it was great!! I would never have thought to look for one! Thanks for all your help!!

#18 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                • VIP Member
                • 4,116 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

here's the one I made for my Halloween party last year. It was really yummy! I think I doubled the recipe for the party...and it made a BIG bowlful.

Drinking: DetailDrinking at Epicurious.com

#19 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,116 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
                    I just used that calculator and it was great!! I would never have thought to look for one! Thanks for all your help!!
                    Great! You're very welcome! As you can tell. . .I love obesessing over and planning things! I may not be able to tell you much about fire dancers and mariachi...but drinking?! That I can do!! Lol!

#20 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

OMG that is way too funny!! I just went to that site from the first link you posted and typed in Vodka Punch, and that recipe you just posted is what came up! I was thinking, yum that sounds really good! LOL Great minds think alike I guess! hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users