Alcohol Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

So we are thinking of having our ceremony around 1 or 2 and a meal around 4pm. We want to save money with the alcohol so we are going to buy it ourselves and then hire a bartender (were allowed to do this at our site) So my question is, would it be okay for us to just buy Beer (maybe 2 types) 1 red and 1 white wine and then just serve an alcohol based punch?
    I cant see a lot of people wanting hard alcohol in the afternoon and this would be a huge SAVINGS for us! So what do you think? Does that sound okay? Oh ya, and we are having about 60 people.

#2 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

Yes, that is totally ok!! You save money, and you also get a few less smashed guests!

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

Well, I'm not a beer drinker. I only drink mixed drinks. BUT if your reception is at 4:00, how long are you planning on having your reception, because people may want to drink as the night goes on.

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:40 AM

Not too late. Its on a sunday so everyone will have to work the next day. So it will probablly go till 9 or 10.

#5 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

I think it's totally OK to do that.
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

I think it would be acceptable. However, if you can splurge a little I'd have a couple other options like maybe have a vodka and rum option or something like that.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 amanda&gabe2008

amanda&gabe2008
              • 133 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

i like the idea of having a couple options if you can swing it...this way all of your bases are covered and everyone will be happy :)

#8 LadyP

LadyP
                • 3,156 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

I wouldnt do the beer I would do just a signature alcohol drink and save that way. The rest would be juice. I think that it is too early to be drinking heavily and 4 to 10 is ALOT OF liquor.

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

I disagree - I would definitely keep the beer because we all know guys love beer and a lot of them won't drink anything else. That's my experience anyways...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,403 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

I think it's ok to limit what you serve, but I would definitely keep a beer option, red & white wine & try to have a vodka/rum option. As far as it being too early to drink...umm, last I checked, as long as it was 11:30 am - drinking happens! And, even though people have to go to work the next day, I don't think that will hinder the drinking for most ppl - it's a wedding! Just my opinion :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users