EASY out of town bag ideas

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

I think that's a great idea... Or maybe a GC to the spa at the resort or something would be nice too... I think I'm spending about $10-15 per OOT bag when it's all said and done (with bulk orders etc). But I think that making them is time consuming so going with the gc is a great idea.

#12 Anon101

• 86 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by DRod0214
      i love the GC idea. I would love to take a look at you welcome letter if you don't mind sending me a copy @ rodriguesd327@yahool.com I would greatly appreciage it.
      Hi! We haven't put a letter together yet. I figured we'd be able to find a bunch here but, surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be many (or maybe I just can't find them!?). Here's one that someone was nice enough to post -- http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t43806

#13 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

I think the GC with a letter is not only a great idea but going to SOOOOOO much easier to haul down there! Go with it and run! Had I not already started collecting items, I would consider stealing the idea.

#14 ashly87

• 120 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

Here's an idea for an easy oot bag if anyone's just wanting to give a simple kit and not mess with the DIY stuff:

Click the image to open in full size.
          "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#15 azulskies

• 1,131 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

It's, of course, a more expensive option but if that's in your budget it sounds like a great idea! You won't have to worry about traveling with all of the items and it's still something that shows your appreciation to your guests.

#16 smith3576

• 290 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

Yes, sounds like a great and easy idea and could be economical if it replaces the OOT bag and favors. Although we have a TON of stuff in our oot bags and they are less than $10 each so I think the main benefit for you is saving on lugging the stuff down there/putting them together.

I would just suggest that where ever the gift certificate is for, they have things for that amount. (The Spa would be great, but few spas have services for that low, so many might go unused).
              We're married! Jamie

#17 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

Thats a nice idea. There are a lot of poeple posting welcome letters on the site....you just have to find some. If anyone wnats a copy of one I have, please PM me and I will send it your way.

#18 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:32 PM

I found this link and thought it might help you. They have pre-made gift bags and a nice you pick the fillers bag.
                  Floral Fantasy; Flowers for All Occasions from Negril, Jamaica / Gift Baskets

Here's another site with nice bath sets.

#19 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:27 PM

What we are going to do is scatter rock sweets all over the tables like you would petals,for the guests to help themselves to.We will get them done in our wedding colours and have just married or mrs and mrs.We are keeping it very simple,as it is just a handful of friends {4} and our children and our parents.At the end of the night the kids can scoop whats left into there pockets.we only have 20 guests x

#20 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

There is a place on ebay to get monogrammed shot glasses - this is another idea for favors for our guests we are batting around! :)
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users