Photo

I need Help!! Did Anyone choose Parsols over Bouquets for Bridesmaids?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 SusieQ

SusieQ
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:12 AM

I think that is a very neat idea... I just did some searching on ebay... very cute.. kinda playful

#22 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
    • 5,078 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

Yup, that's what I decided too...parasols all the way!

#23 blumenthale

blumenthale
      • 242 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

I am planning on parasols for the guests and my brides maids. You can add some color by picking ones in your color scheme.

#24 blumenthale

blumenthale
        • 242 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

Try lunabazzar.com, I am going to order some fans, votives and parasols. They have tons of colors to choose from. They have some other cute OOT bag stuffers as well.

#25 smith3576

smith3576
          • 290 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

We were going to do parasols for guests and BM until we realized that getting them to the wedding was going to be a feat. And, based on the timing of our ceremony and the direction we would be facing, probably not necessary. Plus, they are kind of expensive to provide for everyone.

We are still deciding on whether to use them for the BM. I think they are really cute! But we were going to use the BM bouquet's as centerpieces to save money that way so it's just trying to figure out which would be easier/more economical.

Whatever you do, it will be beautiful!
            We're married! Jamie

#26 smith3576

smith3576
            • 290 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

After this thread, and talking to my BM, we've decided to do parasols (and corsages) instead of bouquets!!! Now I have to re-work my centerpieces!
              We're married! Jamie

#27 ChelseaRose

ChelseaRose
              • 139 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:34 PM

We were thinking about doing parasol's and corsage's but thought that they might just get in the way, based on the way the sun was going to set. They are a great alternative to save some money and you could only get away with them at a destination wedding!

#28 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                • 5,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Ah crap jamie! I was just going to ask you about your bouquets turning into centerpeices b/c thats what I was thinking! I have 7 girls so i think it would be too much having 7 parasols at the front. And 7 bouquets costs an arm and a leg, so if anything I was thinking of them going into 7 vases on our 7 tables at the reception-and obviously mine on our table. hmm. I'll have to think about this as well.

#29 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                  • 5,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

I wonder if thats tacky...

#30 autjo

autjo
                    • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

IMO it is not tacky to have the bouquets double as centerpieces. I have seen it done at several different weddings, some of them being pretty high dollar affairs. I don't have any BMs but I am using my bouquet as the centerpiece for our table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users