Sign in to follow this  
Soon2beWed09

I need Help!! Did Anyone choose Parsols over Bouquets for Bridesmaids?

We were going to do parasols for guests and BM until we realized that getting them to the wedding was going to be a feat. And, based on the timing of our ceremony and the direction we would be facing, probably not necessary. Plus, they are kind of expensive to provide for everyone.

We are still deciding on whether to use them for the BM. I think they are really cute! But we were going to use the BM bouquet's as centerpieces to save money that way so it's just trying to figure out which would be easier/more economical.

Whatever you do, it will be beautiful!

We were thinking about doing parasol's and corsage's but thought that they might just get in the way, based on the way the sun was going to set. They are a great alternative to save some money and you could only get away with them at a destination wedding!

Ah crap jamie! I was just going to ask you about your bouquets turning into centerpeices b/c thats what I was thinking! I have 7 girls so i think it would be too much having 7 parasols at the front. And 7 bouquets costs an arm and a leg, so if anything I was thinking of them going into 7 vases on our 7 tables at the reception-and obviously mine on our table. hmm. I'll have to think about this as well.

IMO it is not tacky to have the bouquets double as centerpieces. I have seen it done at several different weddings, some of them being pretty high dollar affairs. I don't have any BMs but I am using my bouquet as the centerpiece for our table.