Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#441 drhubby

drhubby
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:29 AM

Hi Amanda, welcome, welcome. A couple things. We got married at 1 and people really just wanted to bum around on the beach after until the reception (especially since it was many people's last day) so this is fine to do. We did our reception at seagrapes and after seeing the disco I was really really happy with our choice. It was a friday night and the beach party was saturday. You can email the coordinator and shell let you know if you can have it. If you are having someone else do the photography note that there is a 250$ fee that has to be paid to the photo shop there for bringing in an outside photographer. Also, we got married at the beach gazebo after getting there and seeing the options (the pond gazebo is completely surrounded by purple hotel...) the nice thing about the Riu is that they only book 1 wedding at a time so you can switch to any of the other sites for the wedding after you get there. (and Mammees Bay was perfect!!)

#442 drhubby

drhubby
    • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

Oh! and as for getting the wedding dress there most flights let you have it as carry on, I just put my in 2 dress bags and it was fine. I did have a GIGANTIC crinolin though which I stuffed in a "space saver" bag from zellers. Its a huge bag that you use a vacuum to suck the air out and it turned a 6' round crinolin into a 2" sheet that travelled perfectly.

#443 chicklet

chicklet
      • 718 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:08 PM

There really are lots of ROR brides. I am jan 09but my wedding has not yet been confirmed as I am waiting for rates out of the US (date has been reserved though). Would you girls suggest we make our appt with Chandlyn from home before we arrive at the resort? I have read on these threads that she is hard to locate. Has anyone went to the pool in between the wedding and dinner? This was an option I was thinking about...all have some drinks around the swim up bar. My wedding is at
        1pm and I will have some time to kill. Any thoughts

#444 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by chicklet
          There really are lots of ROR brides. I am jan 09but my wedding has not yet been confirmed as I am waiting for rates out of the US (date has been reserved though). Would you girls suggest we make our appt with Chandlyn from home before we arrive at the resort? I have read on these threads that she is hard to locate. Has anyone went to the pool in between the wedding and dinner? This was an option I was thinking about...all have some drinks around the swim up bar. My wedding is at
          1pm and I will have some time to kill. Any thoughts
          I would definitely set up a meeting time with Chandlyn before you leave home, it just makes things easier. I set up a time with her about 2 weeks before we left for Jamaica and that worked well.
          For sure you could hit the pool if you want, just try not to get your hair wet if your hair is done up all pretty!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#445 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
          • 170 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

hey Dr hubby, do you have any photo's of thebeach reception?

#446 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kitty_kat_uk
              hey Dr hubby, do you have any photo's of thebeach reception?
              Is that the seagrape??
              Would you book your dinner ahead too?? I am just doing the free meal at Mammee but want chocolate wedding cake

#447 amagee

amagee
              • 129 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:53 AM

Thanks so much drhubby! Lots of help!

#448 przyby10

przyby10
                • 59 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to see pictures.

#449 Bunny121009

Bunny121009
                  • 83 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

This is an old thread but I wanted to bump it b/c there is alot of useful info in it for ROR brides like myself.

~Happy Planning To All : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users