Jump to content

Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides


  • Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#331 chicago88

chicago88
  • Member
  • 699 posts

    Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:36 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by junebride2b
    Seriously reading these posts make realize how much I have not thought about re: the wedding. I am getting married on 6/14 which is a Sat and I am kinda bummed I didn't know about the beach party on fri...but anyways...

    I was wondering :

    1) Which restaraunt you think is the best for dinner after the wedding?

    I am not much of the planner/creative type...and am working on a budget..what extras do you guys think are so worth it to pay for at the RIU?

    also should I be worried I haven't heard from anyone about me confirming my wedding online over a week ago
    I feel like everyone else has the whole thing planned..hopefully I will be there soon....
    How many people are you expecting? 50 and under you can have it at the Mammee Bay Steakhouse (no charge). Over 50 at the Plantation which is private - $500 for 2 hours, $1000 for 4hours.

    It seems like a lot of us are getting the free wedding package and just adding on extra's like flowers, photography, etc...

    Do you have a travel agent yet? I would let them take care of confirming everything with the resort.



    Therese & Jay
    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

    #332 junebride2b

    junebride2b
    • Newbie
    • 81 posts

      Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

      Thanks...I am having 20-30 people...depending on how many actually follow through and come. Not everyone is thrilled about the DW but it's our wedding..right..but seems like other's on the board have had the same kinda response.

      Yes, today I found out I am confirmed so I definetly feel better about that..and I was thinking about just getting the free wedding package to and just adding on.

      Are most people staying at the RIU the whole time? Our TA suggested we switch to Sandals next door to get our honeymoon in without all the guests? What do you think about that? Does anyone know anything about Dunns River Sandals?

      #333 Spazz

      Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

        Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by junebride2b
        Thanks...I am having 20-30 people...depending on how many actually follow through and come. Not everyone is thrilled about the DW but it's our wedding..right..but seems like other's on the board have had the same kinda response.

        Yes, today I found out I am confirmed so I definetly feel better about that..and I was thinking about just getting the free wedding package to and just adding on.

        Are most people staying at the RIU the whole time? Our TA suggested we switch to Sandals next door to get our honeymoon in without all the guests? What do you think about that? Does anyone know anything about Dunns River Sandals?
        If you're having less than 50 people, your reception will be at Mammee Bay. I'm also getting the free package and then just adding on a few things, it seems like the way to go for me anyways.
        I'm staying at the RIU for 9 days, then going elsewhere in Jamaica for my honeymoon, possibly the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.

        #334 Jerzzygirl

        Jerzzygirl
        • Jr. Member
        • 203 posts

          Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:32 PM

          I highly recommend just getting the free package and adding on from there. I booked the royal but switched to free once we met with chandlyn. We saved 475.00 and the ONLY thing we did not get with the free package compared to the royal package was the spa treatment. I also DONT recommend staying at the sandles resort , right next door to the Riu, you wont want to go there after seeing it from the Riu....lol

          #335 junebride2b

          junebride2b
          • Newbie
          • 81 posts

            Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

            Really..the sandals next door is the one my TA is suggesting we switch too after the wedding...Yikes..I need to investigate that further.

            #336 JenniferSS

            JenniferSS

              Banned

            • Banned
            • 1,047 posts

              Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

              I was at both resorts - ROR and Sandals Dunnes River Villagio in May- check out my photo's at [url=http://www.sandnsun.smugmug.com] The photo's are under the Jamaica Ocho Rios tab. I apologize that there are so many in there- I need to go go in and seperate them into the seperate resorts.

              The resorts have two completely different vibes!

              Sandals Dunnes River is intimate, laid back, a touch of Europe meets Caribbean and a bit more upscale with a romantic flair.

              Riu Ocho Rios is lively, large, upbeat with something for everyone! Almost every room has an ocean view (there are a few that are blocked). Everything here is huge- the beach, the pools, the restaurants.

              I wouldn't completely rule out Sandals Dunnes River- just be sure that you'll be content with a more intimate resort experience. If not then I would recommend Sandals Grande Ocho Rios for your honeymoon.

              Hope that helped!

              TA Jennifer

              #337 Cherie

              Cherie
              • Newbie
              • 83 posts

                Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:54 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by junebride2b
                Really..the sandals next door is the one my TA is suggesting we switch too after the wedding...Yikes..I need to investigate that further.
                Hi Junebride,
                After our wedding week at the ROR, we are heading over to the Sandals Whitehouse for our honeymoon. It seems to be very romantic and it's located on the seven mile beach. Thought I'd give you somthing else to consider!
                Good luck :)

                #338 Heidi

                Heidi
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,642 posts

                  Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

                  I have a question about the most important part of this whole experience... the actual marriage ceremony!!

                  -Will we meet the minister prior to the wedding day?
                  -Can we specify what we want minister to say?
                  -Can we add readings, sand ceremonies, etc?
                  -Can we say whatever vows we want?

                  Just wondering if anybody had any answers about this topic! Maybe Jerzzygirl will have some insight!
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

                  #339 JenniferSS

                  JenniferSS

                    Banned

                  • Banned
                  • 1,047 posts

                    Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cherie
                    Hi Junebride,
                    After our wedding week at the ROR, we are heading over to the Sandals Whitehouse for our honeymoon. It seems to be very romantic and it's located on the seven mile beach. Thought I'd give you somthing else to consider!
                    Good luck :)
                    Whitehouse has a fab beach but it is not located on THE Seven mile beach- that's in Negril. :)

                    TA Jennifer

                    #340 Cherie

                    Cherie
                    • Newbie
                    • 83 posts

                      Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

                      Oops sorry...you're absolutely correct. It is located on a fabulous long beach...but not the seven mile beach. My bad!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users