Jump to content

Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides


  • Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#291 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
  • Member
  • 679 posts

    Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsInTraining
    How do you acquire points on this forum Just by posting? I was finally able to open a few attachments that people posted, but I guess while opening them, I used the points I had.

    Sorry ladies! Thanks in advance for the feedback though!
    I donated some points to you. I hope that helps open attachments.
    Brittney & Peter
    July 12, 2008
    Riu Ocho Rios

    http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

    #292 RiuBride2b

    RiuBride2b
    • Jr. Member
    • 298 posts

      Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

      MrsInTraining,

      Can you please email me any additional info you may have at mrs.mack-jones@hotmail.com. I probably already have it but I just want to be sure I have any information that is floating around out there about the resort.

      How long are you going to be in Jamaica. Maybe I will see you there!

      #293 Heidi

      Heidi
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,642 posts

        Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

        We did find some of the prices. Actually, Lizz ended up finding some Jamaican florists that we are allowed to use (with no additional cost) in place of the resorts which are much cheaper.

        We have a whole thread about it: http://bestdestinati....apher-riu.html

        It's a long thread, but all the Riu flower options are in there; mostly bouquets but some arrnagements as well. Plus, Lizz gives the contact info for the other florists.
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

        #294 BrittneyD

        BrittneyD
        • Member
        • 679 posts

          Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrsInTraining
          Does anyone have in writing from Chandelyn or any other certain source that you can use an outside florist? I think I was told we have to use their florist and have them make the cake (food liability purposes). Please let me know if you have contrary info!

          Thanx! :o)

          Chandalyn told some of the girls you can use an outside florists. Also, there was another bride that used an outside baker for the cake, so that should not be a problem either. I would send Chandalyn an e-mail to confirm everything, just so you have written proof.
          Brittney & Peter
          July 12, 2008
          Riu Ocho Rios

          http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

          #295 Spazz

          Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

            Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:15 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsInTraining
            Does anyone have in writing from Chandelyn or any other certain source that you can use an outside florist? I think I was told we have to use their florist and have them make the cake (food liability purposes). Please let me know if you have contrary info!

            Thanx! :o)
            Here is an email reply from Chandlyn when I asked her about this:

            Chandlyn,
            >
            > As always, thank you for your response. I just have a few more questions:
            >
            1. What are the tables like at the Plantation Restaurant? I want to do my
            > seating arrangements and need to know how many people can sit at each
            > table and how many tables can be set up. (I am planning on about 80
            > guests). We can have square tables joined to accommodate 8 persons

            > 2. Is there a microphone available at the Plantation that we can use for
            > people to speak? In order to have a microphone the system will need to be
            > rented at a cost of uS75 per hour.

            > 3. Are outside florists allowed in or do we need to use Tai Flora? You can
            > have an outside florist.


            > 4. Is there a menu that is included for the reception or do I need to pay
            > for the guests' dinners?Kindly see the attached menu included.

            > 5. Does the dj at the Disco work off of an assigned playlist? He can Can I
            > bring my own music or does he have access to most songs?He has access to
            > most song but you may also bring your own music.
            >
            > Thank you again,
            > Lizz


            Then, I verified in another email that there will not be a fee for this:

            Hi Lizz

            There is no fee for using an outside florist.

            Regards

            Chandlyn

            #296 BrittneyD

            BrittneyD
            • Member
            • 679 posts

              Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BrittneyD
              I just got an e-mail from Chandalyn about tables for the Plantation Resturant. They put together tables that are 32" square. So for a table of 6, you have 3 square tables put together and 4 for a table of 8.

              I was wrong about the table numbers. 2 tables will seat 6, and 3 tables will seat 8.
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

              http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

              #297 chicago88

              chicago88
              • Member
              • 699 posts

                Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsInTraining
                Morning, ladies! I just came across a thread on TripAdvisor where someone put a pretty detailed posting on there about a ROR wedding. It was from 2006, but still had pretty good info/opinions about the wedding experience. I copied and pasted it into a MSWord doc. There is also a link to a photo album.
                Thanks for the info! The pictures came out really nice!



                Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

                #298 march1508

                march1508
                • Newbie
                • 117 posts

                  Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

                  hi ladies...

                  my name is octavia..i am from new york and am also getting married at the riu ocho rios.. my wedding is confirmed for march 15, 2008.. i am very excited to have joined u all.. thanks soo much for all the welcomes..

                  my wedding is at 4pm and im not really sure as to how many guest i will have.. it should be somewhere in the ballpark of 50-60.. my guest are procrastinaors...this is very frustrating becuz i wont know until the end of the wedding where i will be able to have the reception.. i would like to have the free reception in the mammeebay restaurant, but if i have over 50 guest of course i will have to move to the plantation..

                  ive already reserved the disco from 9-11pm// i did confirm that with chandlyn via email..
                  im kinda torn between the ceremony locations..

                  i love the beach gazebo and the background of the ocean, but i hate sand.. i also love the pond gazebo but i hate that ugly building in the background..im kinda gearing more towards the beach gazebo, and i will just have to suck it up(the sand that is)..i will upgrade my decorations for the gazebo..i love the way it looks.. and im considering getting the chair covers along with the sashes.. i hate that their are soo much in price, it starts to become costly when u have a guest list of 50-60..but it looks soo beautiful and elegant, and im sure will do pictures justice..

                  ok im sorry for the long intro..just wanted to give u ladies a lil bit of info..

                  oh.. mrsintraining..can u please forward me the info that u have and decorations..

                  my email is sariah129@aol.com

                  thanks so much..

                  #299 Heidi

                  Heidi
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,642 posts

                    Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:50 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by march1508
                    im kinda torn between the ceremony locations..

                    i love the beach gazebo and the background of the ocean, but i hate sand.. i also love the pond gazebo but i hate that ugly building in the background..im kinda gearing more towards the beach gazebo, and i will just have to suck it up(the sand that is)..i will upgrade my decorations for the gazebo..i love the way it looks.. and im considering getting the chair covers along with the sashes.. i hate that their are soo much in price, it starts to become costly when u have a guest list of 50-60..but it looks soo beautiful and elegant, and im sure will do pictures justice
                    Hi Octavia!

                    We're not sure about ceremony location either. Chandlyn told us we can decide once we meet with her the day before our wedding, which works for us!
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

                    #300 Spazz

                    Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

                      Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by march1508
                      hi ladies...

                      my name is octavia..i am from new york and am also getting married at the riu ocho rios.. my wedding is confirmed for march 15, 2008.. i am very excited to have joined u all.. thanks soo much for all the welcomes..

                      my wedding is at 4pm and im not really sure as to how many guest i will have.. it should be somewhere in the ballpark of 50-60.. my guest are procrastinaors...this is very frustrating becuz i wont know until the end of the wedding where i will be able to have the reception.. i would like to have the free reception in the mammeebay restaurant, but if i have over 50 guest of course i will have to move to the plantation..

                      ive already reserved the disco from 9-11pm// i did confirm that with chandlyn via email..
                      im kinda torn between the ceremony locations..

                      i love the beach gazebo and the background of the ocean, but i hate sand.. i also love the pond gazebo but i hate that ugly building in the background..im kinda gearing more towards the beach gazebo, and i will just have to suck it up(the sand that is)..i will upgrade my decorations for the gazebo..i love the way it looks.. and im considering getting the chair covers along with the sashes.. i hate that their are soo much in price, it starts to become costly when u have a guest list of 50-60..but it looks soo beautiful and elegant, and im sure will do pictures justice..

                      ok im sorry for the long intro..just wanted to give u ladies a lil bit of info..

                      oh.. mrsintraining..can u please forward me the info that u have and decorations..

                      my email is sariah129@aol.com

                      thanks so much..

                      Welcome Octavia! It sounds like you have almost everything figured out so far. Don't worry too much about the ceremony location, I'm sure you can just decide when you get there. Did Chandlyn tell you when you need to book the restaurant by? Let us know if you have any questions!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users