Jump to content

Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides


  • Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#271 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
  • Member
  • 679 posts

    Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:19 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ashakm
    Hello ladies. I am planning a wedding at the RIU ClubHotel in Negril on August 9, 2008. I just got the confirmation email request to go to the site and confirm my date. It is asking me for hotel booking information. Do I actually have to have my rooms booked before I can confirm? It is asking for hotel information. I am still waiting on the travel agent to get packages together and it might be a minute.

    I am pretty sure you have to have a room booked before you book your wedding. I did not confirm my wedding until after we had rooms booked.
    Brittney & Peter
    July 12, 2008
    Riu Ocho Rios

    http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

    #272 Spazz

    Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

      Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ashakm
      Hello ladies. I am planning a wedding at the RIU ClubHotel in Negril on August 9, 2008. I just got the confirmation email request to go to the site and confirm my date. It is asking me for hotel booking information. Do I actually have to have my rooms booked before I can confirm? It is asking for hotel information. I am still waiting on the travel agent to get packages together and it might be a minute.
      I didn't have to book my rooms before I confirmed my dates. Just try to skip over that part and see if it lets you.

      #273 jmhein

      jmhein
      • Member
      • 665 posts

        Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:30 PM

        I skipped over the room booking part and everything still worked! :)

        LADIES!!! Chandlyn (or maybe she has a new assistant because the name in the email was Nekeisha) emailed me some more cake options and prices today!! Check out the attachment (Sorry its a link, it's a Word doc and I didnt have time to separate all the pics out)

        They're pretty!!! But pricey! I am not sure if I will upgrade my cake or keep it simple, but these are so nice and tempting....

         

         

        Attached Files


        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23


        My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

        #274 Spazz

        Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

          Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jmhein
          I skipped over the room booking part and everything still worked! :)

          LADIES!!! Chandlyn (or maybe she has a new assistant because the name in the email was Nekeisha) emailed me some more cake options and prices today!! Check out the attachment (Sorry its a link, it's a Word doc and I didnt have time to separate all the pics out)

          They're pretty!!! But pricey! I am not sure if I will upgrade my cake or keep it simple, but these are so nice and tempting....
          Thank you for telling us about the cakes, I appreciate it!

          Hmmm...I never heard of Nekeisha. That would be nice if Chandlyn got an assistant, it seems like she is a little overwhelmed!

          #275 bex1975

          bex1975
          • Newbie
          • 31 posts

            Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:48 AM

            Hi Girls! Haven't been on here in awhile! Trying to catch up. So far I have great success with Chandlyn (and her asst) getting back to my email within 1 day. Thank goodness.
            I emailed her about cakes too. She told me it is a sponge cake and you can have either chocolate or vanilla. I do have to mention though that I know someone who got married at the Riu in July and she suggests (and so does my TA) to ask for the cake with NO RUM. I guess they really soak it in the rum and is not tasty.

            #276 chicago88

            chicago88
            • Member
            • 699 posts

              Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

              Thanks for the cake info - those are really nice but too expensive!! I think I'll take bex1975 advice and ask for no rum! Thanks!



              Therese & Jay
              Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
              http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

              #277 jmhein

              jmhein
              • Member
              • 665 posts

                Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by chicago88
                Thanks for the cake info - those are really nice but too expensive!! I think I'll take bex1975 advice and ask for no rum! Thanks!
                I think I'll do that too, the cakes are so pretty but I am already going over budget with upgrades! The cake can be the basic cake!
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23


                My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

                #278 PrecisePlans

                PrecisePlans
                • Member
                • 802 posts

                  Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ashakm
                  Hello ladies. I am planning a wedding at the RIU ClubHotel in Negril on August 9, 2008. I just got the confirmation email request to go to the site and confirm my date. It is asking me for hotel booking information. Do I actually have to have my rooms booked before I can confirm? It is asking for hotel information. I am still waiting on the travel agent to get packages together and it might be a minute.

                  No ashakm, you do not have to have any rooms booked ahead of time before you confirm your wedding date. I still haven't booked ours yet. Since we have quite a few people going, we were going to let all of our guests book through our TA and then see if we could have more leverage with the hotel for upgrading us to a full suite. My wedding has been booked and confirmed, but I still don't have my hotel room booked as of yet. I hope this answered your question.

                  #279 pouchie

                  pouchie
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 189 posts

                    Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chicago88
                    Thanks for the cake info - those are really nice but too expensive!! I think I'll take bex1975 advice and ask for no rum! Thanks!
                    Hi Chicago 88. Did you say you have a picture of the basic free cake they offer? I asked for a picture and they told me they didn't have a picture of the basic one but they sent me pictures of the ones I could pay for.

                    #280 chicago88

                    chicago88
                    • Member
                    • 699 posts

                      Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

                      Sure - send me your e-mail and I'll forward it you!



                      Therese & Jay
                      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users