448 replies to this topic

#211 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrittneyD
    I am so jealous that all you guys live near each other.
    Brittney, You may just have to fly up here some time and visit and we can have a big BDW party

#212 Heidi

Heidi
    • 2,642 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lizz10179
      Sorry, totally going off topic now... Heidi, did you grow up in Glenside? I lived down the shore one summer with a bunch of girls from McDevitt. I think that's near there, right?
      no, I didn't grow up here; been here just about 2 years now. McDevitt is VERY close by; I think it's technically in Wyncote, which is a few miles from me

*updated: I just mapquested McDevitt....holy crap ~ it's literally right around the corner from my apartment! WEIRD!!!

and yes, Brittney - we'll have to all meet half-way sometime! MD/VA??
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#213 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
      • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

MomentUs...you said in another thread that you had an extremely organized wedding. Can you go into more detail on this?
        Brittney & Peter
        July 12, 2008
        Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#214 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

MomentUs - Did you use the flowers, florist and cake that the RIU provided? If so, what did you think of all of it?

#215 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
          • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:16 PM

When were you able to decorate for your reception. What all did you use? What kind of favors did you make?
            Brittney & Peter
            July 12, 2008
            Riu Ocho Rios

#216 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Heidi
              no, I didn't grow up here; been here just about 2 years now. McDevitt is VERY close by; I think it's technically in Wyncote, which is a few miles from me

*updated: I just mapquested McDevitt....holy crap ~ it's literally right around the corner from my apartment! WEIRD!!!

and yes, Brittney - we'll have to all meet half-way sometime! MD/VA??

That's too funny, I thought it was near there.

Brittney - maybe we could have a BDW weekend in MD/VA sometime, that would be so fun!

Ok, now...

#217 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
              • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

My FFIL lives in VA, and we usually go up that way about once a year.
                Brittney & Peter
                July 12, 2008
                Riu Ocho Rios

#218 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

MomentUs... Can you give me the contact information for the outside vendors that you used. Your cakes look very pretty!
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

#219 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                  • 298 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=MomentUs;145847]Brittany-
                    I actually ordered roses which were spray painted pastel colors the night before the wedding and placed in a vase (another activity that the bridal party helped with). The favors I made were frosted votives that were personalized with a chinese love sign since my husband is Chinese and then wrapped in a chinese take out box that was decorated with our wedding colors. (Favors Shown Below)
                    I used tulle to decorate the entrance to the reception and a free arch was provided by the resort and I also purchased lighted flower garlands that would line the tables. We also reused the flowers on the head table that was used to decorate the gazebo. See picture below.
                    The reception hall was actually decorated at 4 pm the day of the wedding, by the workers. We created a layout of all that we wanted them to do and they did it.

#220 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                    • 298 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MomentUs
                      Brittany-
                      I actually ordered roses which were spray painted pastel colors the night before the wedding and placed in a vase (another activity that the bridal party helped with). The favors I made were frosted votives that were personalized with a chinese love sign since my husband is Chinese and then wrapped in a chinese take out box that was decorated with our wedding colors. (Favors Shown Below)
                      I used tulle to decorate the entrance to the reception and a free arch was provided by the resort and I also purchased lighted flower garlands that would line the tables. We also reused the flowers on the head table that was used to decorate the gazebo. See picture below.
                      The reception hall was actually decorated at 4 pm the day of the wedding, by the workers. We created a layout of all that we wanted them to do and they did it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Head Table
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Thanks for the pictures that you have posted. The pictures are beautiful and it is very helpful. I was wondering if you had any more pictures of your reception. I am having my reception at the plantation and need a better view on how to set it up for our wedding. If you can provide this my email address is shakirakenya@yahoo.com.

By the way, I love the favors!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users