Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#191 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

I have already checked with Chandalyn about the beach party. As of right now, it is still on for Friday night. If that changes, I will book a cocktail party at sea grape. I don't think that I will do anything at the sports bar. We are all non smokers, and I have read some reviews that say it is pretty smokey. I guess if nothing else I can just have everyone meet at one of the bars at 5:00. I'm not looking to do much for this, but I do think it will be nice to have some type of welcome.
    Brittney & Peter
    July 12, 2008
    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#192 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BrittneyD
      I have already checked with Chandalyn about the beach party. As of right now, it is still on for Friday night. If that changes, I will book a cocktail party at sea grape. I don't think that I will do anything at the sports bar. We are all non smokers, and I have read some reviews that say it is pretty smokey. I guess if nothing else I can just have everyone meet at one of the bars at 5:00. I'm not looking to do much for this, but I do think it will be nice to have some type of welcome.
      You should talk to Jamy (Starchild). She went there for her honeymoon and she knows what bars you could meet.

#193 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MoBride
        That's great! I'm glad you got that all worked out, but now I'm thinking of changing my cocktail party to later too. I just finished working on that travel booklet I told you about and I included an itinerary with the 6pm cocktail party. I will have to figure this out before I send these booklets out. So your party is fomr 8-11. Is it still $10.00 per person for 3 hours at that later time or is it more money I actually wasn't sure how long we would have the beach bar for. I was just hoping it was $10.00 flat and not $10.00 per person per hour.

Oh, I didn't even think it would be $10 per hour. I really hope that's not the case! When I emailed Chandlyn, I just asked her if the bar was available from 8-11 and she wrote back that it was, she didn't say anything about it costing more. I will write her back now and double check on the prices.
        Is there any way I could get a copy of your travel booklet? Is it really big? If so, I can give you money to ship me one? Not now, just sometime in the next few months. I would love to see everything that you included, you have such great ideas!

#194 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
        • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

Mo...is there any way you could send me a copy of your book? I will be happy to pay for shipping.
          Brittney & Peter
          July 12, 2008
          Riu Ocho Rios

#195 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MoBride
            Sorry I stressed you with that question. FH and I were talking last night about how long we had the beach bar for and whether it was only an hour. I think we could have it from 8-11 for $10.00 per person not per person per hour but I would just double check. Evita's was charging per person per hour so that is why we were worried (but they are not an AI resort so it makes sense for them to do that). I am going to email Chandlyn and ask if I can have the beach bar from 8-11 that evening instead of at 6. That was a great idea. Our ceremony is 11am the next day though. Do you think a cocktail party till 11pm is too late for me?
            Now if I do that I'm wondering if I should try to get dinner reservations somewhere for our bridal party (20 people total including us, our parents, our bridal party, and their spouses). Our rehearsal is at 5pm we could probably get 6:30 dinner reservations and then go to the cocktail party from 8-11 if chandlyn gives us the ok for those times. What do you think? Rehearsal dinner? Or let everyone eat on their own then meet for cocktail party? I hate taking up so much of their time with group activites but if we are having a rehearsal and cocktail party I don't want my bridal party to expect a rehearsal dinner in between. I overthink everything??

As for the travel booklet, I was going to bring a few copies with me for whoever wanted them to our little get toegther. Are we still doing that. I haven't checked that thread If not I will send one to you. Just PM with your address. it's no problem.

Don't worry, you didn't stress me out at all. I emailed Chandlyn to double check the price and I'll let you know when she gets back to me. My rehearsal is at 6:00. I can't make reservations for dinner because there are too many of us, so I was just going to tell everyone to do their own thing for dinner and meet back up at 8:00. But if you have 20 people, you should make reservations, I don't think your bridal party would mind at all. 11:00 isn't too late for the party, as long as you're in bed by like midnight, you should be wide awake the next morning (I'm sure you'll be so excited, you won't feel tired no matter what).
            I am pretty sure I can make it to the get together. If not, I'll let you know and PM you with my my address. Thanks sooo much!

#196 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MomentUs
              At my wedding I had 100 guests so I had to have a private reception, for a smaller group such as 20 you can ask Chandlyn to actually reserve a section of the restaurant of choice or just call and reserve it yourself upon arrival.
              I can't believe you had 100 guests. That sounds like so much fun! Did you have your reception at the plantation restaurant? If so, how was it? Were you able to plan any pre-wedding events at the Riu since you had so many guests?
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

#197 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
                Hello RIU Brides- I am new to the forum and just recently wedded at the RIU Ocho Rios in June. If there are any questions you may have about the resort and weddings I can definitely assist. I also have lots of pictures that I am willing to share. Please feel free to ask away!

Click the image to open in full size.

I am getting married at the RIU next May. I am planning on about 80 guests. I have booked the Plantation Restaurant and the Pascha Club for the reception. Can you give me details about your ceremony and reception? Also, we LOVE to see pictures!!!!

By the way, I am soooo excited you joined. That is so great that you are here to help all of the future RIU brides. We definitely have TONS of questions (if you don't mind), so thank you in advance!

#198 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

How many people were able to attend dinner/breakfast at the buffet? Chandalyn told me the maximum was 30, so I did not think this was an option.
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

#199 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

Quote:
                    Hi Brittany-
                    100 was definitely a lot for a destination wedding. It took a lot of planning but I made it work and it was a huge success. I did have the private reception at the Plantation and this was also nicely planned. We reserved the plantation from 7-11 pm. The ceremony was scheduled for 4 pm but I was 1 hour late and it was absolutely "No Problem". Chandlyn did not do much, which I had expected beforehand. It is Jamaica after all, everyone is more laid back there.

I was able to get everyone together for either breakfast or dinner in 2 separate events. I reserved a section of the buffet restaurant the night before the wedding for the rehearsal dinner, which quite a few guests attended and if they did not attend this event they met with us the day after the wedding for breakfast.
                    We also took the bridesmaids and groomsmen out the day after the wedding for a group event to Dunns River Falls and then to an off site jerk hut.

Ceremony Setup

wow, that looks gorgeous!!!! did you go to the disco at all while you were there?
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#200 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                    • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

Your set up was stunning!!!
                      Brittney & Peter
                      July 12, 2008
                      Riu Ocho Rios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users