Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#101 bex1975

bex1975
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

Hi girls! am new to this site and find you ALL A WEALTH OF INFORMATION! I am geting married at the Riu on Jan 26, 2008. I feel like I still have a TON to do! I haven't even ordered my dress. Have it picked out...is this a problem??

#102 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bex1975
      Hi girls! am new to this site and find you ALL A WEALTH OF INFORMATION! I am geting married at the Riu on Jan 26, 2008. I feel like I still have a TON to do! I haven't even ordered my dress. Have it picked out...is this a problem??
      You still have 5 months, which is plenty of time to get stuff done. But I would definitely get a move on with your dress. Most bridal shops recommend ordering your dress very early (and it may take awhile to find what you want too!). Tell us your plans, we love to hear what everyone is doing....

#103 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

I agree with LIzz...I'd order it. Then again, I got mine at David's Bridal and walked out with it the same day! :)

Where in Philly are you from Bex? I'm just outside of Philly...
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#104 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Heidi
          I agree with LIzz...I'd order it. Then again, I got mine at David's Bridal and walked out with it the same day! :)
          LOL...I did the same thing, I got my dress at Davids. It only took like 3 weeks to come in (but they told me it may take up to 4 months).

I'm also outside of Philly...all of us Philly/Jersey brides here...crazy!

#105 bex1975

bex1975
          • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

I actually found my dress at David's bridal. I was looking for a tea length dress and they seem to have the only ones that I really liked. My goal is to have it ordered by this weekend.
            I live in Levittown. I am originally from NH and have lived here for 5 years.
            Lets see...planning....we are having our dinner at Mammee Bay. We are having the steel drum band after our ceremony. As for after dinner....still haven't figured that out.
            Been working on my OOT bags. we are trying to get customized drink cups made for eveyone bc the cus they give at the resort are usually small. Finally found a company that wont make me buy 200 cups and the price is reasonable.
            My GM all have their outfits (love end of the season sale on Linen pants! Got their whole outfit for under $25!!!!)

#106 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
              I actually found my dress at David's bridal. I was looking for a tea length dress and they seem to have the only ones that I really liked. My goal is to have it ordered by this weekend.
              I got a tea-length dress at David's too! What does yours look like?

#107 bex1975

bex1975
              • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

here is the Style #: T9337

#108 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

Sorry girls, this is off topic from RIU...

Quote:
                  here is the Style #: T9337
                  I LOVE IT! I tried that on in the long style and loved it, but the tea length one wasn't out yet. When I went back to pick mine up, I saw that and was like "are you kidding me?!!?" Mine is no longer available at David's, but this is almost the exact same one they have on Alfred Angelo's website: Click the image to open in full size.

#109 bex1975

bex1975
                  • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Too funny! Thats the dress I was going with until I checked out the website one day and found this on. It had just come out and it was exactly what I wanted from te beginning but could not find. I wanted something with clean lines that was simple and I found it!! still going back and forth on whether or not i will wear a veil. where are your BM dresses from? I got mine at davids too. The floral strapless dress in clover

#110 bex1975

bex1975
                    • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

my wedding party is pretty casual too. you WILL NOT look ridiculous!!! You will be a beautiful bride!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users