Sign in to follow this  
Heidi

Jamaica Riu Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by christenew View Post
The junior suites look nice. I bet it would be nice to have double the size, especially if you and your BM are getting ready there. To me it wouldn't really make a difference re the jacuzzi. I don't think with the heat I will want to be anywhere else but the ocean. With the suite it would be nice to have a little private space for sun tanning with the lounge chairs. You and your sweetie can sneak out there at night for a comfortable drink and a beautiful sunset.

Hey I guess if you are going to spend 900 why not splurg for the 1300. Oh I don't know I can never make a decision smile105.gif
you just described my exact thought process!!! wink.gif

We are thinking about having our reception dinner on the beach in front of the Seagrape. Has anyone seen the dinner set-up there, or just the beach area itself? I don't want to have people walking by while we are having dinner, we have about 25 or so guests coming so I would like it to be private. I don't know if I should just book the Plantation instead, which according to Chandlyn is still available.

Have you found any details about dinner on the beach in front of Seagrape? (cost, set-up, etc). I would love to be able to have my reception on the beach but hadn't seen any else mention it for ROR! I am just booking by wedding for Jan 2009 so I haven't contacted Chandyln yet. Any info you have would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga0066 View Post
Have you found any details about dinner on the beach in front of Seagrape? (cost, set-up, etc). I would love to be able to have my reception on the beach but hadn't seen any else mention it for ROR! I am just booking by wedding for Jan 2009 so I haven't contacted Chandyln yet. Any info you have would be great!
If you are just wanting a cocktail party, it is $10/person. I believe if you want the dinner on the beach too that it is $50/person. That price includes drinks, dinner, set-up, and staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christenew View Post
Maybe I missed it. Anyone know what that meal is for the Mammee Bay Steakhouse?
anything off of the menu!

sample menus: Jamaica All Inclusive and Caribbean Cuisine at Riu Ocho Rios Hotel *they also can offer vegetarian meals*

Steak House
Specialty Restaurant

Soup
Onion Soup with cheese croutons

Salads
Fresh romaine lettuce and caesar dressing
Endives in blue cheese dressing
Tomato and mix leaves salad with crumbled fetta cheese
Artichokes black olives and mozzarella
Asparagus and mushrooms salad
Grilled vegetables salad
Russian salad

Cold Special
Smoked salmon with garnishes
Cold cuts mirror
Assorted cheeses
Seared tuna with parsley salsa

Garnishes and Dressings
Balsamic vinaigrette
Ranch dressing
Caesar dressing
Thousand island
Green olives, capers, jalapeños, gherkins, parmesan cheese, croutons, biscuits, etc.

Main Courses Served at Table
10 ounces beef master tenderloin
Butterfly herbs chicken breast
Center cut pork chops with fresh apples couli
Grilled shrimps skewers with strawberries special couli
Mixed grilled combination (chicken, shrimps, tender loin and sausage)
Caribbean sea red snapper
8 ounces Australian cube roll

Sauces
Pepper sauce
BBQ sauce
Chimichurry
All steaks are served with sauté Italian vegetables and baked potato

Desserts
Desserts bar, sliced fruit, ice cream and bread buffet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
anything off of the menu!

sample menus: Jamaica All Inclusive and Caribbean Cuisine at Riu Ocho Rios Hotel *they also can offer vegetarian meals*

Steak House
Specialty Restaurant

Soup
Onion Soup with cheese croutons

Salads
Fresh romaine lettuce and caesar dressing
Endives in blue cheese dressing
Tomato and mix leaves salad with crumbled fetta cheese
Artichokes black olives and mozzarella
Asparagus and mushrooms salad
Grilled vegetables salad
Russian salad

Cold Special
Smoked salmon with garnishes
Cold cuts mirror
Assorted cheeses
Seared tuna with parsley salsa

Garnishes and Dressings
Balsamic vinaigrette
Ranch dressing
Caesar dressing
Thousand island
Green olives, capers, jalapeños, gherkins, parmesan cheese, croutons, biscuits, etc.

Main Courses Served at Table
10 ounces beef master tenderloin
Butterfly herbs chicken breast
Center cut pork chops with fresh apples couli
Grilled shrimps skewers with strawberries special couli
Mixed grilled combination (chicken, shrimps, tender loin and sausage)
Caribbean sea red snapper
8 ounces Australian cube roll

Sauces
Pepper sauce
BBQ sauce
Chimichurry
All steaks are served with sauté Italian vegetables and baked potato

Desserts
Desserts bar, sliced fruit, ice cream and bread buffet
Thanks so much for posting. I am assuming it is the same menu for the reception. It is just a la carte for guests?

The Mammee Bay is buffet for salad, soup and dessert always. Even for your reception. They serve you your main course. And your wedding cake wink.gif. I don't know if you can choose more than one main course...you could always ask?

Hi all! I'm a January 2009 Bride as well, I sure hope we will all get the dates we want since they won't take the reservations yet. I've read ALL 44 pages of this post and have 3 pages of notes! What great information! I'm so glad I found this website! Mo I hope you reply with the details on your wedding events!! I can't wait to read it!

We are trying to get as much planning done early cause we have our first baby coming in July, gonna be a busy 12 months! Well, looking forward to lots of information exchanged with everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaBrideToBe View Post
Hi all! I'm a January 2009 Bride as well, I sure hope we will all get the dates we want since they won't take the reservations yet. I've read ALL 44 pages of this post and have 3 pages of notes! What great information! I'm so glad I found this website! Mo I hope you reply with the details on your wedding events!! I can't wait to read it!
We are trying to get as much planning done early cause we have our first baby coming in July, gonna be a busy 12 months! Well, looking forward to lots of information exchanged with everyone!
Welcome! Congrats on your baby!!!
Mo did a review and it was really great. Here you go: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t11534
Let us know what you need help planning!