Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heidi

Jamaica Riu Brides

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashakm View Post
Hello ladies. I am planning a wedding at the RIU ClubHotel in Negril on August 9, 2008. I just got the confirmation email request to go to the site and confirm my date. It is asking me for hotel booking information. Do I actually have to have my rooms booked before I can confirm? It is asking for hotel information. I am still waiting on the travel agent to get packages together and it might be a minute.

I am pretty sure you have to have a room booked before you book your wedding. I did not confirm my wedding until after we had rooms booked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashakm View Post
Hello ladies. I am planning a wedding at the RIU ClubHotel in Negril on August 9, 2008. I just got the confirmation email request to go to the site and confirm my date. It is asking me for hotel booking information. Do I actually have to have my rooms booked before I can confirm? It is asking for hotel information. I am still waiting on the travel agent to get packages together and it might be a minute.
I didn't have to book my rooms before I confirmed my dates. Just try to skip over that part and see if it lets you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I skipped over the room booking part and everything still worked! :)

 

LADIES!!! Chandlyn (or maybe she has a new assistant because the name in the email was Nekeisha) emailed me some more cake options and prices today!! Check out the attachment (Sorry its a link, it's a Word doc and I didnt have time to separate all the pics out)

 

They're pretty!!! But pricey! I am not sure if I will upgrade my cake or keep it simple, but these are so nice and tempting....

 

 

 

Cakes.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
I skipped over the room booking part and everything still worked! :)

LADIES!!! Chandlyn (or maybe she has a new assistant because the name in the email was Nekeisha) emailed me some more cake options and prices today!! Check out the attachment (Sorry its a link, it's a Word doc and I didnt have time to separate all the pics out)

They're pretty!!! But pricey! I am not sure if I will upgrade my cake or keep it simple, but these are so nice and tempting....
Thank you for telling us about the cakes, I appreciate it!

Hmmm...I never heard of Nekeisha. That would be nice if Chandlyn got an assistant, it seems like she is a little overwhelmed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Girls! Haven't been on here in awhile! Trying to catch up. So far I have great success with Chandlyn (and her asst) getting back to my email within 1 day. Thank goodness.

I emailed her about cakes too. She told me it is a sponge cake and you can have either chocolate or vanilla. I do have to mention though that I know someone who got married at the Riu in July and she suggests (and so does my TA) to ask for the cake with NO RUM. I guess they really soak it in the rum and is not tasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago88 View Post
Thanks for the cake info - those are really nice but too expensive!! I think I'll take bex1975 advice and ask for no rum! Thanks!
I think I'll do that too, the cakes are so pretty but I am already going over budget with upgrades! wink.gif The cake can be the basic cake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashakm View Post
Hello ladies. I am planning a wedding at the RIU ClubHotel in Negril on August 9, 2008. I just got the confirmation email request to go to the site and confirm my date. It is asking me for hotel booking information. Do I actually have to have my rooms booked before I can confirm? It is asking for hotel information. I am still waiting on the travel agent to get packages together and it might be a minute.

No ashakm, you do not have to have any rooms booked ahead of time before you confirm your wedding date. I still haven't booked ours yet. Since we have quite a few people going, we were going to let all of our guests book through our TA and then see if we could have more leverage with the hotel for upgrading us to a full suite. My wedding has been booked and confirmed, but I still don't have my hotel room booked as of yet. I hope this answered your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago88 View Post
Thanks for the cake info - those are really nice but too expensive!! I think I'll take bex1975 advice and ask for no rum! Thanks!
Hi Chicago 88. Did you say you have a picture of the basic free cake they offer? I asked for a picture and they told me they didn't have a picture of the basic one but they sent me pictures of the ones I could pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×