Sign in to follow this  
Heidi

Jamaica Riu Brides

I've heard horror stories about communicating with Chandlyn (wedding coordinator @ Riu), but I heard back in her in 6 days after I emailed her. Here's my tip - be nice to her!!! rolleyes.gif (rocket science, I know!!!)

I sent her a thank you follow-up email after she changed some things for me, and she immediately replied thanking me for my thank you. Kindness goes a long way!!

Ooh, Riu brides, I'll do a review for you. I just got back and there were several weddings while I was there. Stay tuned, I'll post it in the Jamaica section :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Ooh, Riu brides, I'll do a review for you. I just got back and there were several weddings while I was there. Stay tuned, I'll post it in the Jamaica section :o)
yay, can't wait!!! rolleyes.gif

Hello beautiful ladies,

I was wondering if the Plantation has room for dancing or is it just dinner? I would like to know if I have to rent the disco or not.

I am wondering the same thing. I have booked the plantation for dinner. I have 60 guests going so far and have no idea of menu options or any options for that matter! hehehehe I have emailed Carolyn but for some reason she never gets my emails!!

Hey girls,

I am so happy we are all on this together! I'll tell you all of my plans...

I am getting married on Friday, May 16, 2008 at noon on the beach at the RIU. I have about 80 guests coming and 8(!) bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen, 2 ringbears and no flower girls (all nephews and no nieces). I have NO IDEA what I'm doing afterwards yet. I was planning on a reception, but I am hearing now that the earliest possible time for a reception is 6:30. So my question is what do my guests do between the hours of 1:00 and 6:00huh.gif? I don't know what else the resort offers in way of a party or luncheon (nothing from what I've heard). I haven't booked the reception yet b/c Chandlyn has not gotten back to me. I emailed her a few weeks back and she said they don't plan weddings til 2 months beforehand!!! Then I wrote back a few days ago asking if I could at least reserve a reception venue and haven't heard anything yet. Any ideashuh.gif??

As for the rest of my plans, I am thinking of doing program fans for the guests. For their welcome bags: koozies, cups, maybe some cards/dice, maybe suntan lotion/aleve/lip balm. I'm not 100% sure yet.

I have my dress. It is tea length and strapless. I'm still working on the bridesmaids dresses.

I am also on a forum on brides.com and a girl there sent me the photography package info and the menus. I will try to post them here asap.

Talk to you all soon!

Lizz

Hors d†oeuvres

US $8/person

Tuna stuffed mushrooms, smoked salmon, shrimp canapés,Serrano ham, cheese mousse

US $8/person

Smoked salmon mousse, three cheeses canapés, tomato and egg canapés, ham and cheese canapés, BBQ chicken mini-brochettes

US $10/person

Cheese stuffed chili peppers, BBQ chicken wings, beef mini-tacos, cheese sopes, chicken mini turnovers

US$12/person

Lobster canapé over smoked salmon, mousse and bread, smoked salmon canapés, Serrano ham canapés, caviar canapé (mujol)

US $12/ person

Asparagus, smoked salmon, shrimp canapés, Serrano ham, caviar

US $12/ person

Shrimp tacos, cheese stuffed chili peppers, huitlocoche corn quesadillas, melted cheese stuffed mushroom with guacamole, totopos and Mexican salsa

Check MailCompose Search Mail: Search MailSearch the Web