Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heidi

Jamaica Riu Brides

Recommended Posts

I just got an email from Chandlyn answering some questions I had about the Royal package & the reception dinner @ Mammee Bay. Thought some of you might like to see what she had to say (my question is in black; her answer is in red):

 

1. I booked the Royal Package. What is the 'royal decoration' for the ceremony that comes with this package? The royal decoration is as in the attachment. (attached picture is of the ugly coconut arch! wink.gif)

 

2. How does the room upgrade work (we booked a Junior Suite - is there anything that we could be upgraded to)? The next room category would be a suite. Please note however that this is based on availability upon arrival at the resort. Along those lines, how would we go about asking for a room on a higher floor if at all possible? Please forward all room request to the Front office Manager at clubhotel.ochorios@riu.com

 

3. For our reception dinner, can I bring items to decorate the tables? Yes And how are the tables set up?We do one long table. (several tables or just one long table? I have heard both from past brides) Do you provide the linens for the table, and if so can we specify colors? We provide white tablecloths and napkins

 

4. And finally (for this email at least!), how/when do we make appointments for the body exfoliation that comes with the package? You can make it for before or after the wedding by using the voucher given at our meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still have alot of time left. I am getting married Feb 7 '08 and I just purchased my dress last week. I arrive at the resort January 26 sounds like we will be there the same time? Different places take different amounts of time to bring the dresses in. You should double check to make sure it won't be a problem. You will find a ton of helpful poeple on this forum. I am addicted. Happy Plannning!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
I just got an email from Chandlyn answering some questions I had about the Royal package & the reception dinner @ Mammee Bay. Thought some of you might like to see what she had to say (my question is in black; her answer is in red):

1. I booked the Royal Package. What is the 'royal decoration' for the ceremony that comes with this package? The royal decoration is as in the attachment. (attached picture is of the ugly coconut arch! wink.gif)

2. How does the room upgrade work (we booked a Junior Suite - is there anything that we could be upgraded to)? The next room category would be a suite. Please note however that this is based on availability upon arrival at the resort. Along those lines, how would we go about asking for a room on a higher floor if at all possible? Please forward all room request to the Front office Manager at clubhotel.ochorios@riu.com

3. For our reception dinner, can I bring items to decorate the tables? Yes And how are the tables set up?We do one long table. (several tables or just one long table? I have heard both from past brides) Do you provide the linens for the table, and if so can we specify colors? We provide white tablecloths and napkins

4. And finally (for this email at least!), how/when do we make appointments for the body exfoliation that comes with the package? You can make it for before or after the wedding by using the voucher given at our meeting.
Good questions I was wondering abut that myself. I wonder how the tables are set up in the plantation. I should ask if we can pick the upper or bottom floor when we get down their? Do we email the office manager before we go down to request a room upgrade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchie View Post
Do we email the office manager before we go down to request a room upgrade?
I don't think so....I think if it's available then, we would get it. Otherwise no upgrade for us! What type of room did you reserve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
I don't think so....I think if it's available then, we would get it. Otherwise no upgrade for us! What type of room did you reserve?
We reserved the junior suite as well. I wanted the room with the jacuzzi on the balcony but it was going to cost us an extra 2000.00 a person. We figured if we took our chances and paid for the royal package we might get a nicer room that way. Do you think we get it the whole time we are booked in the resort or just our wedding night? We are going 2 weeks. That would be a dream if we had a nice suite for 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchie View Post
We reserved the junior suite as well. I wanted the room with the jacuzzi on the balcony but it was going to cost us an extra 2000.00 a person. We figured if we took our chances and paid for the royal package we might get a nicer room that way. Do you think we get it the whole time we are booked in the resort or just our wedding night? We are going 2 weeks. That would be a dream if we had a nice suite for 2 weeks.
wow, we had THE SAME thought process as you & your fiance!!!! wink.gif I'm not sure... that's a good question! Well it sounds like the people upgraded to a Jr Suite have it their whole vacation; so I GUESS it'd be the whole time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
wow, we had THE SAME thought process as you & your fiance!!!! wink.gif I'm not sure... that's a good question! Well it sounds like the people upgraded to a Jr Suite have it their whole vacation; so I GUESS it'd be the whole time?
I hope it's for the whole 2 weeks I would be loving life!!! The night before the wedding I will have the BM's stay in our room and my fiance will stay with the GM. It would be nice to have the extra space for getting ready the day of. Lets hope he doesn't party too hard the night before. The boys get all excited about the last single night out!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchie View Post
I hope it's for the whole 2 weeks I would be loving life!!! The night before the wedding I will have the BM's stay in our room and my fiance will stay with the GM. It would be nice to have the extra space for getting ready the day of. Lets hope he doesn't party too hard the night before. The boys get all excited about the last single night out!!
oh that is too funny - we're doing the same thing!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone know the prices for add ons such as isle runner and rose petals? or are you all just bringing your own?

Do you think its tacky if we give our OOT bags out before we all leave for Jamaica? I just feel like I ave so much to bring with me as it is (I have a 1 year old...so thats a lot of stuff to brought just for him)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bex1975 View Post
does anyone know the prices for add ons such as isle runner and rose petals? or are you all just bringing your own?
Do you think its tacky if we give our OOT bags out before we all leave for Jamaica? I just feel like I ave so much to bring with me as it is (I have a 1 year old...so thats a lot of stuff to brought just for him)
I know I've seen prices for those, but I can't remember where!!! I think aisle runner is something liek $50-100? Not sure about rose petals - I think I thought they were too much! rolleyes.gif

And no, I don't think it's tacky to give out your OOT bags before leaving. I think Kelly did that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×