Jamaica Riu Brides

Hey everyone, I dont know how well this will line up but heres the pricing on photography. Note that this photo shop has EXCLUSIVE rights over the property so you cant bring anyone else in

Photoshop RIU Ocho Rios

Wedding photo & video prices 2008

All prices are cash–prices in US$, major cards plus 5%

Free*Classic*RoyalCaprice

Initial Package

(not a deposit)

* Free/Classic clients can choose between Free & classic package from PHOTOSHOPUS$ 160

J$ 11,200

US$ 180

J$ 12,600

Ceremony included in

RIU Packages ROYAL & CAPRICE

Photographer will attend wedding automatically

All extra time / pictures after the ceremony (after signing papers) needs to be arranged & PAID prior to wedding

- please check with PHOTOSHOP

Needs to be arranged & PAID prior to wedding

Availability given up to 24 hrs before ceremony

Included time 45 min *

* starts at scheduled time, delay in appearance is subtracted from package time25 min *

* starts at scheduled time, delay in appearance is subtracted from package time

Wedding sitesBeach Gazebo or Lagoon Gazebo or combination

Extra time

Needs to be arranged & PAID prior to wedding

Availability given up to 24 hrs before ceremony 1 extra hour

2-3 extra hrs

4-6 extra hrsFull day

8 extra hours

US$ 90 / hour

J$ 6,300US$ 80 / hour

J$ 5,600US$ 70 / hour

J$ 4,900US 500

J$ 35,000

Pictures / Files

included6 prints

4”x 6”

+ same 6

pictures on CD

& photo album10 prints

4”x 6”

+ same 10

pictures on CD

& photo album12 prints

4”x 6”

+ same 12

pictures on CD

& photo album 24 prints

4”x 6”

+ same 24 pictures on CD

& photo album

More included items

for all

4 packages1. wedding viewing at PHOTOSHOP

Within regular opening hours up to 1,5 hrs, for max. 4 persons

Viewing must take place at least 24 hrs before departure time

2. Standard corrections of pictures

(colour and contrast, bright- & darkness)

3. all pictures in low-res-quality on CD, on request

(copyrighted, previews for orders from back home)

Section A: you want some additional single prints / pictures on CD?

4”x 6”5”x 7”6”x 8”8”x 10”

Paper printsUS$ 8

J$ 600US$ 11

J$ 800US$ 15

J$ 1,000US$ 19

J$ 1,400

Black & whiteUS$ 9

J$ 700US$ 12

J$ 900US$ 16

J$ 1,200US$ 20

J$ 1,400

Digital Picture each picture (High-res, printable min.up to 12”x16”, size between 4-6 MB)

US$ 15 or J$ 1000

Section B: you are looking for packages printed on Photo Paper?

Paper prints

20 photos30 photos

Including 1 print 8”x10”40 photos*

Including 2 prints 8”x10”50 photos**

Including 4 prints 8”x10”

Size 4”x6”

Colour/B&WUS$ 150

J$ 10,500US$ 210

J$ 14,700US$ 290

J$ 20,300US$ 370

J$ 25,900

Size 5”x7”

Colour/B&WUS$ 200

J$ 14,000US$ 300

J$ 21,000US$ 390

J$ 27,300US$ 490

J$ 34,300

Size 8”x10”

Colour/B&WUS$ 360

J$ 25,200

Section C: larger packages with pictures on CD including “Home-use-rights”

Picture on CDHigh-res, printable min.up to 12”x16”, size between 4-6 MB

30 pictures US$ 240 or J$ 16,800

50 picturesUS$ 380 or J$ 26,600

70 picturesUS$ 490 or J$ 34,300

100 picturesUS$ 570 or J$ 39,900

150 picturesUS$ 650 or J$ 45,500

200 picturesUS$ 750 or J$ 52,500

More picturesSpecial quotation on request

Professional Videography / DVD & editing

FreeClassicRoyalCaprice

Time included45 min *

* starts at scheduled time, delay in appearance is subtracted from package time

CostsUS$ 300

J$ 21,000

Needs to be arranged prior to wedding in the PHOTOSHOP

Availability given up to 48 hrs! before ceremony

Items

included1. professional videographer with professional equipment

2. DVD completely edited within 48 hrs after wedding ceremony

3. own songs (max.up to 3) possible on your DVD

(music songs have to be available in mp3-Format available at wedding)

4.Length of DVD / Video approx. 20-25 min

5. Cost-free rental of DVD player to watch DVD in your room

Extra CopyUS$ 25 each copy

J$ 1,800

Extra hours

Need to be taken in a row

1 extra hour

2-3 extra hrs

1 free extra copy4-6 extra hrs

2 free extra copiesFull day ( 8 )

US$ 95 / hour

J$ 6,700US$ 85 / hour

J$ 5,900US$ 75 / hour

J$ 5,300US$ 570

J$ 39,900

UPS / FEDEX Shipping out of Jamaica

Shipping USACANADAEUROPEREST

CD or DVDUS$ 60

J$ 4,200US$ 60

J$ 4,200US$ 70

J$ 4,900on request

conditionsUPS/FedEX-shipping out of Jamaica

delivery time 3-5 days, copy of Waybill will be scanned & emailed to trace shipment on internet, weight up to 1 kg, wedding items will be only send by registered courier mail

Terms and Conditions

1.Booking a photographer / videographer for a destination wedding at RIU Ocho Rios

from home via Email

•Booking in advance is now possible and recommended to reserve a specific date / time and photographer

•Availability is given for all dates / times and wedding sites

•Please get the advance booking form with all necessary informations

•Advance bookings are only valid with a confirmation following a successful credit card payment.

at the resort

•Availability is given for all dates / times up to 48 hours prior to wedding ceremony

2.necessary arrangements for all Weddings

Initial package

If you choose the FREE or the CLASSIC package from RIU, you need to contact the PHOTOSHOP, otherwise you won´t have a professional photographer and – optional – a videographer.

Please remember, there are still no other PHOTOGRAPHERS or VIDEOGRAPHERS allowed on the property, as it is a closed property and the exclusive right to do professional photos & videos has been granted to the PHOTOSHOP company BEST IMAGES. There are a lot of informations around, most of them even false. Please check with the PHOTOSHOP. The company will charge a fee for any photographer and videographer that will be discovered on the wedding sites. In order to avoid problems on your wedding day, pls get in touch with us about it.

If you choose either the ROYAL or the CAPRICE package with RIU, you will have a photographer for at least the ceremony (included time of 25 mins) without further arrangement or payment. The date and the time is granted by the wedding department of RIU Ocho Rios. All necessary information will be given to us prior to your wedding. Nevertheless, please arrange an appointment with us to make sure that both parties know what is included and what not – you can then arrange extra packages if necessary and wanted.

Picture packages

The desired picture packages need to be purchased now prior to you wedding ceremony and the picture viewing.

See the 2nd page with all possible offers.

The choosen packages will have an impact on the amount of pictures to be taken in the wedding.

The appointment of a specific photographer will be based upon the choosen package. The choice is between the European head-photographer or a pool of local photographers. See the necessary requirements below:

1.Head-Photographer:

a.Personal appointment prior to wedding

b.Initial package plus minimum 1 extra hour

c.Minimum 50 paper prints or 70 pictures on CD

2. local photographer:

a.Initial package

Videographer

Availability is given up to 48 hours for initial packages.

Extra hours / Overtime

Availability is given up to 48 hours for one extra hour

Extra hours exceeding two hours need to be arranged latest one

week in advance by adequate payment.

3.Payments

from home via remote credit card charge

•Please request the “advanced booking form” with all information

•Please return the form by FAX

•We offer the option “ remote credit card payment”

• Credit card payments attract a 5 % processing fee

•After a successful charge to your credit card and with a confirmation from the management, all necessary arrangements are taken

•The purchase is final, refunds are not possible

at the resort

•We offer the 3 options: cash (US$ or Jamaican$), Traveler´s cheques (in US$ currency) or credit card

•Credit card payments attract a 5 % processing fee

•Please make sure that you still meet the necessary booking times for initial packages, Picture packages and extra time.

4.Wedding cermony

Personal meeting with the photographer

•Recommended to discuss all picture ideas and specific wishes

•Without meeting, photographer follows standard list of pictures

Time to start

•Due to settled time / Schedule on wedding function sheet

•Delays of wedding party or guests will be subtracted from included time

“Family photographers”

•Photographer will not take pictures with hundreds of “Family – and Friends-photographers” in his back.

•We require an exclusive session after the ceremony to provide professional pictures without having everybody looking in different directions instead of the camera of our photographer.

Time to finish

•After the included time or after the arranged overtime

•Flexible arranged overtime is possible due to day wedding schedule

5.Picture viewing

•An appointment will be arranged for the wedding picture viewing

•Appointment takes place in the PHOTOSHOP

•One appointment can be held up to 2 hours, for max. 4-5 people at one time

•Delays in appearance will cause a possible loss of appointment

•Appointments can’t be later than 48 hours to departure due to the necessary editing

•Any later appointment will automatically attract shipping costs for all purchased wedding package items.

6.storage of pictures / Contact data

•After departure PHOTOSHOP will store your pictures for an unlimited time but has no obligation to do so

•To order from home, get in touch with us by telling us your wedding number and all relevant data to email: weddings@photoshopjamaica.com

•Your wedding number is:_____________________________

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhubby View Post
Hey everyone, I dont know how well this will line up but heres the pricing on photography. Note that this photo shop has EXCLUSIVE rights over the property so you cant bring anyone else in
Just to clear this up... because it's coming up a lot often...

Photoshop DOES NOT have exclusive rights... this is what PHOTOSHOP says. The RIU says you can bring in other photographers. You have two options:

1. Hire a local Jamaican photographer - in this instance, you will need to pay Photoshop a fee; I believe that it is the day pass PLUS a $250? fee to Photoshop

2. Hire a non-local photographer - in this instance, the photographer MUST be at the ROR for the minimum stay, which is 4 days/3 nights

You do NOT need to use Photoshop. If you don't you're either paying the 'breach of contract fee' if you use a local, OR you pay for 3 nights lodging to bring someone else in. You do have options. Please don't let Photoshop bully you into believing you have no choices!

hi! ok I didnt know that about the photographers so thanks! Also, thanks for the pics Mo! we booked Seagrapes and released the disco for our reception. My brother in law has offered to take care of the music. One note for girls on a tight budget (ie me with all my tuition...) We are having a private bus pick us and our family/friends at the airport so we can hand out gift bags on it and get a direct ride to the hotel. We're doing this through Lees tours. We're also doing a day trip with everyone and they have been so accomodating!! I asked Norma (the super nice woman from Lees tours) about what I could do for flowers and she gave me a ridiculously cheap price for flowers for me, my bridesmaids, the groom, and my flower girls AND they'll deliver it to the hotel first thing in the morning. If you need ANY services I am strongly endorsing these guys - they're fantastic and fast to respond by email. I cant believe I'm a week away!

Oh! And i know some people werent sure what to put in gift bags so we have done welcome bags per couple that include (some of which is because its valentines day while we're there...):

SPF sport lip balm

hand sanitizer

hair mask treatment (as hair will get really dry with salt/sand)

romantic bath powder

massage oil

heart shaped lollipops

we got mini games for guys (like golf on the go...)

and personalized drinking cups (as cups at resorts are often small)

and we got special sand bucket gift baskets for the kids that have lots of activities ... anyway hope that helps!

Quote:
hi! ok I didnt know that about the photographers so thanks! Also, thanks for the pics Mo! we booked Seagrapes and released the disco for our reception. My brother in law has offered to take care of the music. One note for girls on a tight budget (ie me with all my tuition...) We are having a private bus pick us and our family/friends at the airport so we can hand out gift bags on it and get a direct ride to the hotel. We're doing this through Lees tours. We're also doing a day trip with everyone and they have been so accomodating!! I asked Norma (the super nice woman from Lees tours) about what I could do for flowers and she gave me a ridiculously cheap price for flowers for me, my bridesmaids, the groom, and my flower girls AND they'll deliver it to the hotel first thing in the morning. If you need ANY services I am strongly endorsing these guys - they're fantastic and fast to respond by email. I cant believe I'm a week away!
Do you know where you are getting the flowers from? I'm still looking into florist options and would love to hear what you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago88 View Post
I think its buffet for soup/salad & they bring out the entrees...Does anyone know this for sure?
Hello,
When we sat down with Chandlyn, we decided to have everything served(including the soup/salad) and brought out except for the dessert. We had a table with desserts on it that guests could eat at their leisure.
Cherie

Quote:
Can I ask you many people this bus holds, and the cost? I have thought about doing the same thing, it would be nice not to be the last group delivered to the resorts, and also, the ROR seems very popular, I can imagine this would save the hassle of check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Hello,
When we sat down with Chandlyn, we decided to have everything served(including the soup/salad) and brought out except for the dessert. We had a table with desserts on it that guests could eat at their leisure.
Cherie
That's a great idea. Was there an extra charge for this?