Teachers - check this out!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

NYT: School tests $125,000-a-year teachers - The New York Times- msnbc.com

Wow - i love this idea and can't wait to see how it progresses!!

#2 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

Wow, that's really shocking that they're putting together a school like that. i feel pressure to perform! Those teachers must feel so honored to be considered for something like that but I'm very happy with what I'm doing right now and I don't think I'd want to do what they're doing. I feel like my life and my job are very balanced right now and taking on extra duties like that would take a lot of adjusting to. Great idea though...good for them!

#3 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
      • 510 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

This is a wonderful idea and even more so b/c they are working with underprivileged children. A professor of mine was part of a committee that worked with him and from I am hearing it should prove a lot of negative thinking people wrong.

#4 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
        • 444 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:21 PM

WOW! I think that this is such an interesting idea. I can't wait to hear more about it!

#5 DRod0214

DRod0214
          • 173 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

very interesting, can't wait to hear more
            Diane

#6 JoLo908

JoLo908
            • 889 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

It's interesting because it is based on what the kids learn and how much they enjoy the learning process that is key... PS, I just signed my contract today for my first teaching job, 6th 7th and 8th grade language arts and I am thrilled and excited! Definitely not making 125k, but not in it for the money... so happy!!!

#7 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
              • 510 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JoLo908
                It's interesting because it is based on what the kids learn and how much they enjoy the learning process that is key... PS, I just signed my contract today for my first teaching job, 6th 7th and 8th grade language arts and I am thrilled and excited! Definitely not making 125k, but not in it for the money... so happy!!!
                Congrats! Its not about the $ for me either (I spend more $ than expected) And really the reward is having students come back and thanking you for their the experience!

#8 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,328 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by EDSROSA
                  Congrats! Its not about the $ for me either (I spend more $ than expected) And really the reward is having students come back and thanking you for their the experience!
                  SO true. I'm a 1st year teacher and this past Thursday was my last day with the kids.. I received the nicest letter from a freshman thanking me for pushing him and showing him how smart he could be because no one ever told him he was smart.. I cried!! I teach in a very blue collar, low income area of Philadelphia so of course, I get paid crappola, but that was the best reward ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users