Jump to content

Photo

Share your Etsy Finds!


  • Please log in to reply
1177 replies to this topic

#841 Peach

Peach
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,293 posts

    Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

    Hi! I have been having more great luck on etsy. I found some sand dollars for my place names; I spoke to a couple vendors, and both were amazing! If anyone wants sand dollars (or other shells), check out etsy. Or, I can direct you specifically to the wonderful ladies who helped me out.

     

    That being said, I wanted to warn some brides about cottonmania. They are based in Thailand, I believe. They have very cute little cotton wristlets with big flowers on them, perfect for a smartphone or room key. I was planning on getting some for the ladies in my wedding party, families, etc. The vendor, though, is terrible. I have almost never left a negative review on ANYTHING. But I am so, so glad that I didn't give him any money. I contacted him about the order I was about to put through. He was difficult to work with, and after I asked a question, I didn't hear from him for 2 weeks. Then I left a concerned email.... still no word. Finally, I left a strongly-worded, but still polite, message. Still nothing. I understand that I have a long time till my wedding, but he didn't know that. How difficult is it to respond? I understand, also, that there are cultural and language differences.

    I will be taking my money elsewhere. It is a shame; I really liked the style of those wristlets!

    So, if anyone is thinking about ordering from him, please make sure you get things in writing and keep track of your payment. I saw a couple reviews of people who never received their orders at all.



    #842 MJKH

    MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

      Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

      And just further to that...regarding my own personal "issues" with a couple of Etsy vendors (one of which was an order for maracas for almost $300 which went horribly wrong!):

       

      * Paypal only helps with resolution issues within 45 days of the payment being processed.  In my case, I'm out of luck because I paid 11 weeks prior to receiving my maracas in the mail (her shop information says 8 - 10 weeks...but I'm certain that my order kept getting bumped for brides with wedding dates prior to ours).

      Originally Posted by Peach 

      Hi! I have been having more great luck on etsy. I found some sand dollars for my place names; I spoke to a couple vendors, and both were amazing! If anyone wants sand dollars (or other shells), check out etsy. Or, I can direct you specifically to the wonderful ladies who helped me out.

       

      That being said, I wanted to warn some brides about cottonmania. They are based in Thailand, I believe. They have very cute little cotton wristlets with big flowers on them, perfect for a smartphone or room key. I was planning on getting some for the ladies in my wedding party, families, etc. The vendor, though, is terrible. I have almost never left a negative review on ANYTHING. But I am so, so glad that I didn't give him any money. I contacted him about the order I was about to put through. He was difficult to work with, and after I asked a question, I didn't hear from him for 2 weeks. Then I left a concerned email.... still no word. Finally, I left a strongly-worded, but still polite, message. Still nothing. I understand that I have a long time till my wedding, but he didn't know that. How difficult is it to respond? I understand, also, that there are cultural and language differences.

      I will be taking my money elsewhere. It is a shame; I really liked the style of those wristlets!

      So, if anyone is thinking about ordering from him, please make sure you get things in writing and keep track of your payment. I saw a couple reviews of people who never received their orders at all.



       



      #843 Peach

      Peach
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,293 posts

        Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

        Oh, that is good to know, and so frustrating! What happened with the maracas?


         

        Originally Posted by MJKH 

        And just further to that...regarding my own personal "issues" with a couple of Etsy vendors (one of which was an order for maracas for almost $300 which went horribly wrong!):

         

        * Paypal only helps with resolution issues within 45 days of the payment being processed.  In my case, I'm out of luck because I paid 11 weeks prior to receiving my maracas in the mail (her shop information says 8 - 10 weeks...but I'm certain that my order kept getting bumped for brides with wedding dates prior to ours).



         



         



        #844 Palacebridex2

        Palacebridex2
        • Jr. Member
        • 281 posts

          Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:50 AM


          It's beautiful, who did you order it from?

          Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

          I found my bouquet!!! I wanted something whimsy but not all over brooches!~

           

          il_570xN.297434085.jpg



           

           



          #845 mrsbruff2b

          mrsbruff2b
          • Jr. Member
          • 385 posts

            Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

            I got them here!! Not sure if he's making any more~




            It's beautiful, who did you order it from?



             

             



             


            Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

            Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

            Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)


            #846 Palacebridex2

            Palacebridex2
            • Jr. Member
            • 281 posts

              Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:46 PM


              Ok, thank you!! 

              Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

              I got them here!! Not sure if he's making any more~

              http://www.etsy.com/...action/68443938
               



               



               

               



              #847 marooon13

              marooon13
              • Jr. Member
              • 250 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
              • LocationCharlotte, NC

              Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

              Ladies, I am thinking about ordering a real-touch bouquet so I don't have to deal with yet another vendor when we are in mexico. Has anyone done this- and what was your experience? Also, I wouldn't mind keeping it as a keepsake!

               

              Here are a few beach-themed real-touch bouquets I have found...

               

              ABridalConnection

               

               

               

               

              alexisgracedesigns



              #848 marooon13

              marooon13
              • Jr. Member
              • 250 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
              • LocationCharlotte, NC

              Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

              Whoops- still learning  

               

              ABridalConnection - Etsy

               

              alexisgracedesigns - Etsy



              #849 brittmcfarlin

              brittmcfarlin
              • Jr. Member
              • 164 posts

                Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

                @ maroon13... The seashell hanging is a very cute detail:)



                #850 brittmcfarlin

                brittmcfarlin
                • Jr. Member
                • 164 posts

                  Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

                  I love this thread!  Thanks for posting your finds!!






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users