Photo

What is it with texting bad news?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 jk1101

jk1101
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

Lori - I hope your mom is ok, but it is not ok that your sister told you on email!

mrshbtobe - her boyfriend of 2 yrs broke up with her by text? A grown man? An educated man? This is what gets me so pissed!!!! You are totally right...these people need to grow a set!!!!!

#12 BillysBride

BillysBride
    • 1,255 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

One of my BM's is acting "shonky". lol..I can almost guarantee at some point in the next few months, she'll bail. I don't honestly care, but what I DO care about is the fact that she CLEARLY has reservations and instead of being honest, just continues to go on acting like it's all good.

This is the same girl who told me that Mexico was sooo dangerous, she knew she wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the hotel grounds. Yea, she's got some other crap going on with her in terms of issues, but still....a simple "maybe, I'll have to let you know" circumvents ALL this crap and leaves people an opening should they realize they just don't want to deal. What are we, twelve? ugh.
      Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#13 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
      • 2,115 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know! My mom is out of surgery and doing good! We should know more in a couple of days.

#14 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

Oh that's great! Keep us posted.

#15 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BillysBride
            One of my BM's is acting "shonky". lol..I can almost guarantee at some point in the next few months, she'll bail. I don't honestly care, but what I DO care about is the fact that she CLEARLY has reservations and instead of being honest, just continues to go on acting like it's all good.

This is the same girl who told me that Mexico was sooo dangerous, she knew she wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the hotel grounds. Yea, she's got some other crap going on with her in terms of issues, but still....a simple "maybe, I'll have to let you know" circumvents ALL this crap and leaves people an opening should they realize they just don't want to deal. What are we, twelve? ugh.

Seriously? It's so annoying isn't it My FI's GM's wife is like this...shes a total !! ALWAYS NEGATIVE!!!! And they eloped to austrailia (invited NO ONE) and have ridiculous amounts of money. Shes a paralegal and FI's GM is a stock trader in chicago makes well over 200K. Yet she refuses to stay at our resort (5 stars) because its not good enough for her. Everyday she sends my FI links to "travel and safety" concerns, swine flu issues, etc.... The worst part is that she is NOW RECRUITING others to stay at a different hotel with them.....how rude is that!?? if you are like that and want to be negative, fine, just dont go out of your way to tell others all the issues you have with our location. We have to have 90% of guests stay at our resort or we cant have our wedding there.

what the is wrong with people? Its MY wedding, but she wants to set up a whole different group of people at a different hotel so they can all party together.....maybe she should understand that is one reason we CHOSE to have a DW. To party with OUR friends in ONE spot.

Savannah - I know I just went way off topic about your post. Just reading how frustrating people are made me get a lil crazy! I feel your pain girl! Good luck with your BM:)

#16 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
            • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

people do not communicate well much these days. technology serves as a crutch and enabler to not have to deal face to face, or the human factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users