• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 ashey063009

ashey063009
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackobelle
    I just found this link with a TON of info about Cuba & voltage. It even lists what each resort has - hopefully it is accurate!

Debbie's Caribbean Resort Reviews Forums - Electricity 201- List of Resorts/Hotels
    You are AWEOSOME Jackobelle, thanks a million for the link! As for the voltage, I found mine right on the straightener itself beside the on/off button-- however, my mom found hers on the plug and my sister found it on the cord near the base of the straightener. I think it depends on the model.

#32 jackobelle

jackobelle
    • 359 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

You're welcome!! I think I found it on mine...it was written on one of the arms on the inside near the plates. It saya 100-125 V so I am sure it would fry in a 220V plug!!! I will have to buy another one for the wedding. At least I know now, it is much better than finding out wedding day!!

#33 ashey063009

ashey063009
      • 604 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

Okay, went a grabbed a converter yesterday-- $30 at Bentley. I'm REALLY hoping my CHI doesn't blow up tom. night. Wish me luck. FI and I fly out in the am. :)

#34 sweetie_bri

sweetie_bri
        • 23 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

thanks jackobelle for the great link....helpful to know too that things will burn out regardless of converter or adapter...may just be o natural!

#35 jackobelle

jackobelle
          • 359 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sweetie_bri
            thanks jackobelle for the great link....helpful to know too that things will burn out regardless of converter or adapter...may just be o natural!
            You're welcome! I am happy to share!

BUT............I think I may have found a solution to our worries about the converters and adapters still 'frying' our flat & curling irons!

I was at Canadian Tire today looking for a flat iron that has appropriate voltage for Cuba, and I found a cordless one that is powered by a "long-lasting power cell" battery - it is a plastic tube filled with liquid. The best part was that it is on sale for $9.99!!!!!!!! They had curling irons too that were the same idea. It is a Braun so that is a good company. I am going to try it out to see how it works, and I'll let you know...I'm not going to get all of my hopes up until I know it works well...but for $9.99 it is worth a shot! And the cahsier said I can return it if it is no good.

.....oh and they have replacement 'power cells' you can get too.

#36 ashey063009

ashey063009
            • 604 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:01 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jackobelle
              you're welcome! I am happy to share!

But............i think i may have found a solution to our worries about the converters and adapters still 'frying' our flat & curling irons!

I was at canadian tire today looking for a flat iron that has appropriate voltage for cuba, and i found a cordless one that is powered by a "long-lasting power cell" battery - it is a plastic tube filled with liquid. The best part was that it is on sale for $9.99!!!!!!!! They had curling irons too that were the same idea. It is a braun so that is a good company. I am going to try it out to see how it works, and i'll let you know...i'm not going to get all of my hopes up until i know it works well...but for $9.99 it is worth a shot! And the cahsier said i can return it if it is no good.

.....oh and they have replacement 'power cells' you can get too.
              genius!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users