To bring an adapter or not to...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

Great to know!!

Thanks so much sunmoonstar!~ I will talk to Chris about buying one, if he's too cheap lol I will talk to you about taking u up on your offer!!

#12 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
    • 450 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

maybe that's where my problem was with my fired straightener...We bought ours from Blacks for like 10 bucks....now I now to fork over the cash next time!! :-)

#13 Virg

Virg
      • 684 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

Why risk it?
        They have a kit at Bentley Luggage here in Canada that has a pack of them for all over the world, I think its 20$ or less. Much less than the cost to replace your camera, ipod, or straightener!
        Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
        Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#14 Virg

Virg
        • 684 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

I just found this.
          It is from Bentley's online store, prices are in Canadian. They also have it in stores

Travel Accessories - Wattage Converters / Plugs Adaptors - Low Prices for Luggage, Backpacks, HandBags, Accessories - Onlinebags
          Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
          Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#15 ashey063009

ashey063009
          • 604 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

Sounds fantastic, thanks everyone! Virg, I'm heading to Bentley in 20 mins. You're the best. xo

#16 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
            • 406 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Good to know, I'll be definitely checking that out!! Tks!!

#17 jackobelle

jackobelle
              • 359 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

So straighteners can get fried even with a converter? My hairstylist is one of my best friends and he coming and is doing my and all the bridesmaids' hair. We are bringing our own curling irons and flat irons...what is the absolute safest way so they don't get fried?

So let me see if I have this straight: A converter switches the voltage, and an adapter just makes your plug fit their outlets?

#18 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
                • 406 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

Yea I'm a little concerned too Jackobelle. I"d like to know the answer to that too, because I know for sure Straighteners/curling irons etc will need to be used for the wedding day!!

#19 DWbride09

DWbride09
                  • 171 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

Yes Jackobelle that's right :)

We didn't need adapters at the Sirenis last week but we needed converters. There was a 110v outlet in the bathroom (which didn't work well), all other outlets in our room were 220v.
                    My hairdresser's curling iron got fried even with the converter, my flat iron was fine (this was in Havana though)
                    We bought a package at best buy that had adapters for all over the world and a converter for $20. They're not expensive at all.

#20 jackobelle

jackobelle
                    • 359 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

Oh no! Why would curling/flat irons get fried even with a converter? Does anyone know if you can buy 220V curling/flat irons here so they will be safe to use in Cuba?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users