April 2010 Brides

Sorry wish I could help you!! we're not even allowed to change our names without paying.

Can someone help me, does anyone remember which # people starting posting pics. I was gone for 2 weeks, feels like an eternity lol. Don't know where to start. PLS HELP!!

Jenna,Suzy and who ever else I am missing Congrats for your upcoming weddings, can't wait to see pics and hear all about it

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraappl View Post
Does anyone know what steps need to take place to make our marriage legal in the US after being married in Mexico? They gave us our Marriage documents so I have those. I was doing some searching and it sounds like I'm supposed to get my Mexican documents Apostilled and that makes it legal in the US as well? I'm all sorts of confused. I just want it to be legal here and just want to know what steps I need to do to make that happen. Any help?
Hey welcome back!!!

I need to do that too for our marriage - maybe in the BDW general section with the name change sticky? I'll look.

Meghan, how did the music work out for you in the end?

Mel, it def feels great having each other to support one another and everyone has the same feelings and understanding.

Jodi, How'd everything go with the flights?! My friend was stuck in punta cana for an extra week. really hope it didn't effect you to much and still able to get married.

Thank you all for your kind words when I came on here to vent, your all right in the end it really didn't matter who was or wasn't happy, after seeing the husband's face it just all went away. Feels weird to say husband lol.

I've got to say tho, there is some people I have no interest in being friends with anymore. I am so happy I did what I did because in the end it does show who is a true friend and who isn't.

I'm still trying to get back into normal life mode, but I have no idea where to start, since I don't work and my entire life was wedding for so long.

I guess I'll start with laundry lol.

I think it'd be amazing if once we're all back we write a small review with links of pics. I know I would love that so much, as I'm having a hard time catching up.

And I know I'm leaving people out here, not the greatest feeling. So I hope most of you are up for that.

YAY Tracy's home!

Sorry I've been on the dl for a while... we had quite the weekend, my husband has gone out of town AGAIN! and we're getting our floors put in this weekend and I have to to paint my kitchen and get the concrete prepped before then. Oh, and on top of it all I've had a nose bleed for 3 day, been on my period for 2 f*ing weeks... I've never had a period this bad before in my life, I just want to curl up in the fetal position in the tub and not leave the house. AND I've been having massive leg cramps every night to the point I wake up screaming in my sleep and can barely walk the next day. AND my favorite music/drunk festival all the year sucked up the a$s and ruined my all my excitement about the whole stupid thing... did I mention my husband is out of town againhuh.gif he's also decided that he needs a new job pronto b/c he can't do this one (he's an enviromental scientist and tests emissions from smoke stacks at coal plants so he climbs like 500 ft in the air and it scared the piss out of him) so he completely freaked out the other day, but he's got another offer on the table with a diff company so his feet will be firmly on the ground. But that means that I can't quit my horrible (read God awful) pos "job" until he gets this funk straigtened out and I'm totally upset about it. His dad's having some type of problems and he's been going to the dr's for a week now. He can't really feel his left side and he's lost a lot of his energy and they can't figure out what's wrong with him. It sounds to me that he's having some type of little stroke or something. Oh - and his mom told us this weekend that a long time family friend and someone that we love sooooooooooooooooooo much that has been in the hospital with cancer, that it would take a miracle for her to get well. basically, she is going to die, they've done everything they can for her and if this last round of treatment doesn't work, then it's just quality of life. Fan-fucking-tastic. Sorry, I don't usually swear or rant, I've just kinda had enough.pokestick.gifrant.gif

Quote:
Does anyone know what steps need to take place to make our marriage legal in the US after being married in Mexico? They gave us our Marriage documents so I have those. I was doing some searching and it sounds like I'm supposed to get my Mexican documents Apostilled and that makes it legal in the US as well? I'm all sorts of confused. I just want it to be legal here and just want to know what steps I need to do to make that happen. Any help?
I emailed the Vital Statistics bureau in my town - she said you don't have to do anything (at least from getting married in Jamaica) she said just take your marriage certificate to Social Security and DMV if you want to change your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post

Mel, it def feels great having each other to support one another and everyone has the same feelings and understanding.

Jodi, How'd everything go with the flights?! My friend was stuck in punta cana for an extra week. really hope it didn't effect you to much and still able to get married.

Thank you all for your kind words when I came on here to vent, your all right in the end it really didn't matter who was or wasn't happy, after seeing the husband's face it just all went away. Feels weird to say husband lol.
I've got to say tho, there is some people I have no interest in being friends with anymore. I am so happy I did what I did because in the end it does show who is a true friend and who isn't.
I'm still trying to get back into normal life mode, but I have no idea where to start, since I don't work and my entire life was wedding for so long.

I think it'd be amazing if once we're all back we write a small review with links of pics. I know I would love that so much, as I'm having a hard time catching up.
And I know I'm leaving people out here, not the greatest feeling. So I hope most of you are up for that.
I think I have learned more about who i can count on and who I can't from this wedding process than from anything else in my life.

It may seem really stupid, but you all know my sister didn't come to our wedding, and I went back in her Facebook posts, and on the day of the wedding, she posted NOTHING. the day after the wedding she posted, "Congrats to my sister, she got married yesterday in Jamaica". Not for nothing, but I would have thought she would have said a little more...when it's her birthday, my niece and nephew's birthday, I make a huge deal...she makes a huge deal for her friends.... I'm her ONLY sister. I really need to lower my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
YAY Tracy's home!

Sorry I've been on the dl for a while... we had quite the weekend, my husband has gone out of town AGAIN! and we're getting our floors put in this weekend and I have to to paint my kitchen and get the concrete prepped before then. Oh, and on top of it all I've had a nose bleed for 3 day, been on my period for 2 f*ing weeks... I've never had a period this bad before in my life, I just want to curl up in the fetal position in the tub and not leave the house. AND I've been having massive leg cramps every night to the point I wake up screaming in my sleep and can barely walk the next day. AND my favorite music/drunk festival all the year sucked up the a$s and ruined my all my excitement about the whole stupid thing... did I mention my husband is out of town againhuh.gif he's also decided that he needs a new job pronto b/c he can't do this one (he's an enviromental scientist and tests emissions from smoke stacks at coal plants so he climbs like 500 ft in the air and it scared the piss out of him) so he completely freaked out the other day, but he's got another offer on the table with a diff company so his feet will be firmly on the ground. But that means that I can't quit my horrible (read God awful) pos "job" until he gets this funk straigtened out and I'm totally upset about it. His dad's having some type of problems and he's been going to the dr's for a week now. He can't really feel his left side and he's lost a lot of his energy and they can't figure out what's wrong with him. It sounds to me that he's having some type of little stroke or something. Oh - and his mom told us this weekend that a long time family friend and someone that we love sooooooooooooooooooo much that has been in the hospital with cancer, that it would take a miracle for her to get well. basically, she is going to die, they've done everything they can for her and if this last round of treatment doesn't work, then it's just quality of life. Fan-fucking-tastic. Sorry, I don't usually swear or rant, I've just kinda had enough.pokestick.gifrant.gif
Oh Jenna - I'm sorry you have so much coming down on you right after the wedding. Deep breaths and feel free to rant and swear.

smile03.gif

For those of you who haven't seen my pictures - here's a link to my FB

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook
you will need to add me as a friend

And some other pictures.

Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource

My girlfriend videotaped the ceremony so we watched it again last night smile123.gif

Really, the wedding and whole day was beautiful. My ceremony was on the beach and we had the cocktail hour out there - totally worth the extra money - the food was fantastic - everyone raved about it.

I had specifically asked for a nonreligious ceremony - I was told me they only do nonreligious ceremonies - imagine our surprise when the officant started mentioning Jesus - I was raised Jewish and Jim is an athiest so that was a bit shocking - i had to stop him during the ring exchange - You can see it on the video

All in all - the best day of my life - our life - would do it again in a second.

Quote:
Tara... from what I've heard it seems to vary from state to state (nevermind that I'm in Canada!) but I I think what Michele mentioned about contacting your local Vital Statistics office is the best place to start. I googled the same search for Michigan that I did for myself here in Alberta and came up with a website that lists local county clerk offices, which was the closest I could get with my horrible knowledge of the US! US marriage laws - michigan - the website has a whole bunch of info so maybe it'll help?! The laws for Michele are different because she got married in Jamaica so you'll end up with more to do than she will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post

Thankfully our music turned out just fine! The GM's ipod made it down to the resort in his luggage and we knew we had backups just in case anyways. I tried to make sure he got his credit for having everything there for us since he really was trying.

As for our other GM, the one who was giving us all the headache about his clothes, well he still didn't seem satisfied but I didn't even bother talking to him about it even once. I'd have yelled at him if I opened my mouth! LOL! He was a bit of a jackass the entire week though and while I know that FI hasn't talked to him since we've been back anyways, I can pretty much say that we won't be talking to him much anymore. Even FI was a little ticked at the guys behaviour which helps me! But the sad part is that this same guy is in one of our other friends wedding party for NEXT summer and after hearing some of the things he was doing to us, she's really hesitant now but at least is a bit more prepared I guess.

And yes, that leads me into your next comment of knowing who your true friends are... I have to say that some people definitely pulled through for us while a few just seemed to slip through the cracks. But I'd rather go into my marriage and move on in my life knowing who I can count on.

p.s. Your TTD pics are beautiful! It looks like you two had a lot of fun doing the session. I still wish I could have done some, but we probably would have drowned in the waves the way the weather was going!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
YAY Tracy's home!

OMG! What a freaking week to deal with! I'm so sorry that you've got all this on your plate at once and even more sorry about the sad news with your FIL and your family friend. I hope you get some answers for both of them and are able to make the best of whatever outcome you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I emailed the Vital Statistics bureau in my town - she said you don't have to do anything (at least from getting married in Jamaica) she said just take your marriage certificate to Social Security and DMV if you want to change your name.

I think I have learned more about who i can count on and who I can't from this wedding process than from anything else in my life.

It may seem really stupid, but you all know my sister didn't come to our wedding, and I went back in her Facebook posts, and on the day of the wedding, she posted NOTHING. the day after the wedding she posted, "Congrats to my sister, she got married yesterday in Jamaica". Not for nothing, but I would have thought she would have said a little more...when it's her birthday, my niece and nephew's birthday, I make a huge deal...she makes a huge deal for her friends.... I'm her ONLY sister. I really need to lower my expectations.

I had specifically asked for a nonreligious ceremony - I was told me they only do nonreligious ceremonies - imagine our surprise when the officant started mentioning Jesus - I was raised Jewish and Jim is an athiest so that was a bit shocking - i had to stop him during the ring exchange - You can see it on the video
Michele - first off I can't imagine getting married without my sister so you're much stronger than I am. Beyond that, I can't imagine her NOT making a fuss over me on my wedding day, no matter what the situation is! I'm sorry that you felt a little bit let down by her. Funny that you say maybe you need to lower your expectations because hubby is CONSTANTLY telling me that in regards to how I feel about my friends. I don't think that I ask anything of them that I wouldn't expect of myself, but apparently that's a little too much.

And okay I'm going to admit that I was totally snickering and giggling about your comment on stopping the officiant during your ceremony. I mean, it's one thing if neither of you have been brought up with those beliefs but for you to have been raised in a different manner altogether, well it just seemed a little funny! We had no idea what our officiant was going to be saying (yah I totally didn't think to ask ahead of time) but thankfully the most he got into was the "love is patient, love is kind" passage that is fairly common and non-denominational despite its origins.

Another funny moment - a day or two after the wedding I was at dinner with my parents and my dad mentioned how a few comments were made that it seemed odd not to have all our witnesses sign the certificate with us at the ceremony. Having forgotten to make some account of this, I just passed it off saying that we took care of those details just prior to the ceremony and that its actually somewhat common to do that just to help speed up the actual ceremony itself! OOPS! How bad am I starting things off with a lie teehee! My sister already knew we did our legal stuff ahead of time though so I can always have her back us up if we need to. But funny that people actually noticed it!

Okay and this post is huge but one last comment... did anyone else notice that somewhere in my first replies here I kept referring to "FI" and then had to switch to hubby somewhere along the way!?!? I'm SO not used to this husband thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post

Michele - first off I can't imagine getting married without my sister so you're much stronger than I am. Beyond that, I can't imagine her NOT making a fuss over me on my wedding day, no matter what the situation is! I'm sorry that you felt a little bit let down by her. Funny that you say maybe you need to lower your expectations because hubby is CONSTANTLY telling me that in regards to how I feel about my friends. I don't think that I ask anything of them that I wouldn't expect of myself, but apparently that's a little too much.

I will probably never forgive my sister for not coming - but i have to move on - the whole reason I think my parents are making my AHR is so my sister will be at some sort of celebration of the marriage. She's been a brat since we first got engaged - I think she is very unhappy in her life and a little jealous of how my life has turned out - but we've both made choices. I'm sorry she's unhappy with hers - and she's the one who will always be stuck looking at my wedding photos that don't include her. I was there for hers. I was her maid of honor, made her shower, a toast, etc. but in the end, I really think she didn't want to come or she would have found a way. I think my brother in law had a lot to do with it and he has a lot of influence over her - sad but true - she doesn't have her own mind anymore - married 7 years and her entire life revolves around being his wife and doing whatever he says.

And okay I'm going to admit that I was totally snickering and giggling about your comment on stopping the officiant during your ceremony. I mean, it's one thing if neither of you have been brought up with those beliefs but for you to have been raised in a different manner altogether, well it just seemed a little funny! We had no idea what our officiant was going to be saying (yah I totally didn't think to ask ahead of time) but thankfully the most he got into was the "love is patient, love is kind" passage that is fairly common and non-denominational despite its origins.

the first time the guy said Jesus, we just looked at each other like "OHHHHHH, and FI/hubby mouthed "sorry" to me and we were laughing. The next time, when it would actually mean something, I stopped him. i think my parents would have had a heart attack!

Another funny moment - a day or two after the wedding I was at dinner with my parents and my dad mentioned how a few comments were made that it seemed odd not to have all our witnesses sign the certificate with us at the ceremony. Having forgotten to make some account of this, I just passed it off saying that we took care of those details just prior to the ceremony and that its actually somewhat common to do that just to help speed up the actual ceremony itself! OOPS! How bad am I starting things off with a lie teehee! My sister already knew we did our legal stuff ahead of time though so I can always have her back us up if we need to. But funny that people actually noticed it!

Okay and this post is huge but one last comment... did anyone else notice that somewhere in my first replies here I kept referring to "FI" and then had to switch to hubby somewhere along the way!?!? I'm SO not used to this husband thing!!
It's definitely an adjustment to say Husband rather than Fiance or FI - I'm going to have to get used to it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sun View Post
Welcome back to all the new Mrs!

Michelle - It's just so funny seeing all your pictures since they are similar to ours, hope you enjoyed the Palladium as much as we did. Wish I was still there. ;( What a heavenly place to get married!
Welcome back!!!

We loved it - our guests loved it - the food was so good!

Can't wait to see your pics!