Photo

April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#741 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

Mel - I was thinking of wearing heels as well but I realized that since I don't know the resort well enough yet to know how much I'll be walking to get from my room to the gazebo, to the reception etc... I figured I was better off in flats because I would totally be the one that would trip, or roll my ankle walking through sand in a pair of heels! And of course when I found out that I could get specially dyed ones for me and my bm's, it just seemed like a bit better option.

#742 Melidell

Melidell
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
      Mel - I was thinking of wearing heels as well but I realized that since I don't know the resort well enough yet to know how much I'll be walking to get from my room to the gazebo, to the reception etc... I figured I was better off in flats because I would totally be the one that would trip, or roll my ankle walking through sand in a pair of heels! And of course when I found out that I could get specially dyed ones for me and my bm's, it just seemed like a bit better option.
      Ah- you make a good point. I think that my resort is fairly spaced out, too, so I may have some walking to do. Maybe I should start checking out some lower heeled shoes in general and see what I find- I might find something I like better that I won't potentially kill myself in!
      Loving married life!

#743 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
      • 1,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

but when we all come back we'll be jealous your there and now we aren't, lol so don't worry it'll work both ways!
        http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
        Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
        Happily ever after...

#744 KimmyG

KimmyG
        • 520 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ebredhawk
          by the way.. kimmy.. we need to meet for lunch/a drink/something!
          Umm YESSSSS!! Funny you said that bc just tonight I was thinking of recruiting the Cinci locals to go out together for a drink :) We can definitely be the foundation of the clan! I've met TahoeJeni and she's a lot of fun. I can't remember what part of town you're in. I'm ALWAYS down for a cosmo... when are you free? :-D

#745 shan13

shan13
          • 189 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

Erin, love the updated list...I have been to Hobby Lobby/Michaels..and I can't find the appliques and I am too lazy to do individual rhinestones...and also I live in small a** llittle rock so not a great variety of stores. If all else fails I am gonna just pay the 11 bucks for the ones on the net or buy a few and then sell em...hehe..

Yeah Brian was a mess but we had fun and he looked so good...so I had to treat him to dinner and share my cookies when we got home...lol!!!

Please be patient as I am still learning everybody's names so if I respond w/wrong name charge it to my head not my heart...and the fact that I am sneaking on here at work...lol!!!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ebredhawk

i'm glad your shoot went so well!! it's fun to get all glammed up and have the photog make you look fantastic! the guys always fuss, but they end up having fun! hopefully it will translate in your pictures! of course you must post some as soon as you get them!!

they do have them at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and if you have heels i think they would work well. shan, do you have one near you? if not i can run by mine and see if i can grab you some!

does anyone mind if i rearrange this a bit so it's in order and everyone's info is on there? i'm slightly OCD if you couldn't tell...

April 9 - (kimmyg) Kimmy from Cincinnati - RPRM
            April 9 - (Chicken764) Martine from Casselman - Grand Palladium-Punta Cana
            April 10 - (jerseykitten) Michele from Jersey (Central Jersey by Six Flags) - Jamaica
            April 10 - (Shan13) Shannon from little rock, arkansas (originally from St.Louis) - Las Vegas
            April 13 - (caribbeanlover) Tracy from Montreal - Punta Cana
            April 16 - (echo2_62) Meghan from Calgary - Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
            April 24 - (jerzygirl85) Joanna from Jersey City - Dreams Tulum, Mexico
            April 24 - (GregsBride) Christina from Washington, DC - Jamaica
            April 28 - (ebredhaw) Erin from Cincinnati - Dreams Punta Cana

by the way.. kimmy.. we need to meet for lunch/a drink/something!

#746 shan13

shan13
            • 189 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

Erin...thanks for the shoe link...I hadn't even thought of scrapbooking stickers!!! I love it!!!

#747 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
              • 1,619 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

Shannon, I am so happy to hear your E-shoots went well. We are going for ours Oct 31!! a little nervous!!
                Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#748 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
                • 484 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

HEY GALS!!!! Don't forget about Me!!

Somehow I've been getting bumped from the list?? Am I just not doing it right?
                  I'm needy and don't want to be left out! lol

Mel - I think it was you - I love the idea about signing the shoes!!

Erin - I am feeling a little better thank you! I was still in bed all day yesterday but today I think I might actually have some energy to do some much needed house cleaning!! But we did get snow here today in Calgary - but I think I'll leave the shoveling to FI for when he gets off work!!

Meghan - have to check out your shoe website, I have one that I'm planning on ordering from but I hate to miss out on a good deal!! and I'm with you and totally going for comfort...still will be a heel, a nice safe wedge flip flop and bedazzled a bit for style, but otherwise I don't want to break my neck - Tequila + Heels = really bad news for me!! lol

Updated List because I keep getting the Boot!!

April 9 - (kimmyg) Kimmy from Cincinnati - RPRM
                  April 9 - (Chicken764) Martine from Casselman - Grand Palladium-Punta Cana
                  April 10 - (jerseykitten) Michele from Jersey (Central Jersey by Six Flags) - Jamaica
                  April 10 - (Shan13) Shannon from little rock, arkansas (originally from St.Louis) - Las Vegas
                  April 13 - (caribbeanlover) Tracy from Montreal - Punta Cana
                  April 16 - (echo2_62) Meghan from Calgary - Dreams Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
                  April 16 - (doblauvelt) Tonya from Northern NJ - Moon Palace, Mexico
                  April 22 - (Jcooper79) Jaime from MN - Gran Porto Real, Riveria Maya
                  April 24 - (jerzygirl85) Joanna from Jersey City - Dreams Tulum, Mexico
                  April 24 - (GregsBride) Christina from Washington, DC - Jamaica
                  April 28 - (ebredhawk) Erin from Cincinnati - Dreams Punta Cana
                  April 28 - (Melidell) Mel from NWT - Melia Las Dunas, Cuba
                  April 29 - (SuzyQ76) Suzanne from Calgary, Grand Riviera Princess, Mexico
                  Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                  Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
                  My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#749 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                  • 1,619 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

Suzy, I am so happy your feeling better. Must be a pain the a$$ to be sick and take care of a baby.
                    OH NO snow!!!! I actually saw it on the the news, you guys got allot!!!
                    Just keep it over there, we had a horible summer, we don't need snow now!! lol
                    Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#750 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
                    • 484 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

Tracy, thanks, it does suck!!! Thank God he's a wonderfully easy baby and is soooo good, we really lucked out, makes me a little scared to have a second!! lol
                      The snow is absolutely disgusting!! Hahaha I'm sooooo not looking forward to winter, the only saving grace - I don't have to leave the house to go to work!! So I am a very lucky lady!! I get to avoid the crazy amount of accidents in this ridiculous city!! lol I think last winter there was a record 21 accidents in a day on one street alone!! That could be a gross exaggeration but...
                      Meghan - you can identify with Deerfoot Trail!! I avoid it at all costs!! lol But I'm a wimp!
                      I'll try to keep the snow away from the East, because I'm heading there soon myself!!!
                      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                      Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
                      My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users