April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#531 girlkin

girlkin
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hey ladies,

You all have been busy on here. I was like…wow—but still trying to get through it all.
    My name is Kim and I am getting married in the DR Paradisus Punta Cana on Thursday, April 22, 2010

This wedding this is freaking stressful…

Can I get an Amen!? lol

Congrats to all!

#532 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

welcome kim!!! you're so right about the stress.. i thought i decided on a DW to avoid the stress?? :) it's hard to get through the information overload sometimes! that's why we're all here though.. sanity checks and voices of reason!

#533 KimmyG

KimmyG
      • 520 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Taylorbride
        ebredhawk:
        where did you get the supplies for your room key/tip money holders? I have already bought the wrist coils but I don't know where to get the pouches and I only need 15 or so.
        Thanks for the support everyone :)
        I'll be plenty happy if parents and wedding party all make it down, anything else is a bonus.

Great websites for the badge holders. Where did you guys find wrist coils??

I think putting names on the mugs is a great idea, you guys are so brilliant!

#534 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
        • 1,619 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by girlkin
          Hey ladies,

You all have been busy on here. I was like…wow—but still trying to get through it all.
          My name is Kim and I am getting married in the DR Paradisus Punta Cana on Thursday, April 22, 2010

This wedding this is freaking stressful…

Can I get an Amen!? lol

Congrats to all!
          welcome!! It is very stressful.. lol I'm like you ebredhawk I choose DW to avoid the wedding stress.. so much for that!! I recently said to the FI I think it's a little more stressful doing DW because you have to wait until you get there to do the real planning. But we are here to give help and to get help, luck for that.
          I'm with you on that, as long as the parents and the bridal party show, everyone else is a bonus.
          http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
          Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
          Happily ever after...

#535 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
          • 380 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

DW are as stressful as local weddings! FI and I wanted a DW bc we thought it would be less stressful too.

Hobbylobby- Is that like a Michaels? I wonder if they have real-touch, bc when I look all I see are silk flowers...

#536 taraappl

taraappl
            • 69 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

Welcome girlkin! We have the same wedding date!!!

I agree with the other ladies, DWs are as stressful as local ones I think. Good luck planning and if you need help and/or advice, there are so many threads with answers!

#537 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
              • 949 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KimmyG
                Thanks for the support everyone :)
                I'll be plenty happy if parents and wedding party all make it down, anything else is a bonus.

Great websites for the badge holders. Where did you guys find wrist coils??

I think putting names on the mugs is a great idea, you guys are so brilliant!
                i got the wrist coils from oriental trading:
                DW are as stressful as local weddings! FI and I wanted a DW bc we thought it would be less stressful too.

Hobbylobby- Is that like a Michaels? I wonder if they have real-touch, bc when I look all I see are silk flowers...
                i agree that they are just as stressful, but i think the day of the wedding is more relaxing for a DW. i have heard SO many people say that they don't remember a thing about their wedding day since it was so busy and stressful. since most of us have WCs to take care of the stuff that day, and you're in a beautiful place and not at home with other concerns, hopefully our wedding days will make up for the stress beforehand!

and yes, hobby lobby is like micheals.. i've never seen real touch flowers at michaels, but i haven't made an effort to look for them either. you can always ask someone there. anything other than silk would work fine!

#538 echo2_62

echo2_62
                • 1,049 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ebredhawk
                  and yes, hobby lobby is like micheals.. i've never seen real touch flowers at michaels, but i haven't made an effort to look for them either. you can always ask someone there. anything other than silk would work fine!
                  I was wondering about this too, thanks Erin! Flowers are probably the one things that I really haven't even started to investigate yet. The whole concept of real vs. fake and all the many options just has me totally mystified and scares me LOL!

#539 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                  • 1,619 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

I recently went to Michaels (the closes Michaels for me is in Ottowa, 2 hour drive each way) So I made sure I knew everything in there. There wasn't anything for me there, I knew I could get half the stuff there half off at walmart or the dollar store.
                    They do not have real touch flowers there, just the fake ones. They are very nice and look pretty real. But they are about 5-20$ a stem. At that point you can get real flowers from the resort.
                    Just my opinion tho! :)
                    I agree, most bridal couples hardly remember their wedding because they are so busy. Yes it's a tad stressful trying to plan a wedding from far, but the day of the wedding I think we will be pretty relax, and stress free. We will actually remember it because we wont be busy!
                    I can't wait until I just get to the resort. I know thats when the stressing will stop!
                    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                    Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                    Happily ever after...

#540 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
                    • 484 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

Stress, I'm dreaming about this forum at night!! lol
                      Wondering if there's anything I missed!!

Tracy & Meghan:

If you guys figure out what you're doing for flowers let me know...I can't decide either!
                      Tracy I'm with you on the cost...the fake one's are pretty expensive and pretty much equal in cost to the Resorts fresh flowers. Real Touch are not at the Michael's here in Calgary either. I have a ton of flowers to do...well nothing elaborate but 14 boutonnieres and 8 flowers for women (corsages?) and 5 bridesmaid bouquets - I swear I might as well outfit the entire resort with flowers!!! lol
                      If you Canadian gals find some nice real looking flowers for a good deal - like CHEAP!! lol
                      Let me know and I'll forward you any info I find!!
                      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                      Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
                      My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users