Jump to content

Photo

April 2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#401 miss di

miss di
  • Jr. Member
  • 246 posts

    Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

    echo!!! YAY!!! congrats, mama - that is terrific, and even though it's a little thumbnail picture, i can see how gorgeous you look and how beautiful that dress is. so so so so happy for you!...now, dress-owning bride-to-be - we're in the same boat...BM dresses galore. HELL. total hell, unless you are scubadiva. haha.

    i've been offline the whole weekend (stupid comcast and broken modem) so, maybe tonight i'll geek out on the forum and catch up with all you ladies. for now, i'm still stressed out, despite what my mood says up there...haha.

    have a great tuesday!!

    #402 *HOLLY*

    *HOLLY*
    • Banned
    • 3,639 posts

      Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by miss di
      echo!!! YAY!!! congrats, mama - that is terrific, and even though it's a little thumbnail picture, i can see how gorgeous you look and how beautiful that dress is. so so so so happy for you!...now, dress-owning bride-to-be - we're in the same boat...BM dresses galore. HELL. total hell, unless you are scubadiva. haha.

      i've been offline the whole weekend (stupid comcast and broken modem) so, maybe tonight i'll geek out on the forum and catch up with all you ladies. for now, i'm still stressed out, despite what my mood says up there...haha.

      have a great tuesday!!
      BM dress shopping was easier than I thought. Sticking to a color theme and letting them pick out a dress was so much easier. I have a BM who is a size 2 to a BM that is a size 22. I know if I picked one dress it wasnt going to look good on all of them! Good luck ladies and have fun :)

      #403 echo2_62

      echo2_62
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,049 posts

        Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

        I'm hoping that for my BM dresses that we can take advantage of either some end-of-season sales or wait a little bit longer and catch the start of christmas dress shopping. That's right, I said CHRISTMAS, in September! hahahaha! Our main wedding colour is dark purple which has been super popular this year so I'm going to cross my fingers that we'll find something easily enough. I don't really want to be ordering dresses since we're planning things so casually anyways.

        Ooh, and I received my confirmation date of when my dress is supposed to be in and if all goes according to plan then I'll have time left for alterations and then some. The girl ordering my dress told me straight out that she'd lie about my wedding date on the order form just to make sure it was delivered in time! Looks like it worked - Yay!!!

        #404 ebredhawk

        ebredhawk
        • Member
        • 949 posts

          Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jerseykitten
          I have random lists in notebooks, but on my computer I am the ultimate dork
          michele, my set up is REALLY similar! i am an excel freak.. i have one big excel document that has like 100 tabs on it!! i definitely know what you mean.. helps keep your head organized when everything else is too!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by echo2_62
          Well the good vibes reached me miss di!! My trip last night was finally successful and I bought my dress today!! It has everything that I wanted from the other dresses - all in one! I'm super excited :)
          that dress is beautiful!! even with the small picture you can tell.. has to be such a relief! you should have no problem finding your GM attire either.. there are all sorts of styles and sites to look at!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jenna20
          Haha...you will all feel so much more releved after you read this! So far...no resort chosen, waiting to hear back on pricing. No dress, have been to a few stores but not too sure, found a beautiful Jim Hjelm dress, but not sure if I want to spend that much!? I have picked out save the dates and invitations...which can not be made due to resort/date selection. So really I cant say that that is even done. lol

          That's pretty much where I am....and I'm planning to get married in April!! :) I'm positive though, so it should all fall into place once the pricing comes back.
          you will be just fine.. trust me! what areas are you looking at?

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
          Jenna,
          Good luck with your planning!! I don't want to sound like I'm busting your bubble, but you may have a hard time getting a time and date for April. I know they are booking up real fast (there is only 2 judge's in all of DR) so I was told. Keep trying tho, keep us posted!
          definitely true, although you may have a better chance of getting your date if you do a symbolic ceremony, where no judge is needed. also, some resorts perform more weddings each day than others so that could help your chances as well.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Scubadiva
          BM dress shopping was easier than I thought. Sticking to a color theme and letting them pick out a dress was so much easier. I have a BM who is a size 2 to a BM that is a size 22. I know if I picked one dress it wasnt going to look good on all of them! Good luck ladies and have fun :)
          this is definitely the best way to go, in my opinion at least! some people really like the one look for everyone, but it's hard to have BMs who all have the same body style and taste! plus, i would love for my BMs to be able to wear their dresses again once this whole deal is over!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by echo2_62
          I'm hoping that for my BM dresses that we can take advantage of either some end-of-season sales or wait a little bit longer and catch the start of christmas dress shopping. That's right, I said CHRISTMAS, in September! hahahaha! Our main wedding colour is dark purple which has been super popular this year so I'm going to cross my fingers that we'll find something easily enough. I don't really want to be ordering dresses since we're planning things so casually anyways.

          Ooh, and I received my confirmation date of when my dress is supposed to be in and if all goes according to plan then I'll have time left for alterations and then some. The girl ordering my dress told me straight out that she'd lie about my wedding date on the order form just to make sure it was delivered in time! Looks like it worked - Yay!!!
          i am in my brother's wedding in october and our dresses are a really pretty dark purple. there were SO many options and they didn't all necessarily require a wait-time when we ordered. also, they told me that my wedding dress would take 6 months and it took less than 1, so i'm sure you will be fine for yours!!

          #405 caribbeanLover

          caribbeanLover
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,619 posts

            Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

            I so want to see pics of the BM dresses when you get them! I'm not sure if i posted my BM dresses on this thread but we got them on the end of summer sale $49!

            URL=http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/CaribbeanLover2010/?action=view&current=Maidsdressshoesrings001.jpg]Click the image to open in full size.[/URL]
            http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
            Tracy and Mike

            Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
            Happily ever after...

            #406 doblauvelt

            doblauvelt
            • Jr. Member
            • 380 posts

              Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Scubadiva
              BM dress shopping was easier than I thought. Sticking to a color theme and letting them pick out a dress was so much easier. I have a BM who is a size 2 to a BM that is a size 22. I know if I picked one dress it wasnt going to look good on all of them! Good luck ladies and have fun :)
              last sunday i went BM dress shopping with 3 of my 6 ladies. i originally wanted each of them to choose their own dresses for the same reason that one dress may not look good on another with the fact that i also have a size 2 BM all the way up to a size 14.. well, my MOH chose her own dress and the other two BM chose the same dress and love it! they haven't ordered yet and i believe we will be dress shopping again but these two dresses are on the top of our dress list. now it looks like the MOH will be the only one with a different dress while the other 5 have the same dress..

              speaking of dresses mine was supposed to come in on the 4th.. with labor day just a few days later i'm thinking that's what delayed my dress arrival. i still have no word of it yet i hope it comes in soon!!!!

              #407 *HOLLY*

              *HOLLY*
              • Banned
              • 3,639 posts

                Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:29 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by doblauvelt
                last sunday i went BM dress shopping with 3 of my 6 ladies. i originally wanted each of them to choose their own dresses for the same reason that one dress may not look good on another with the fact that i also have a size 2 BM all the way up to a size 14.. well, my MOH chose her own dress and the other two BM chose the same dress and love it! they haven't ordered yet and i believe we will be dress shopping again but these two dresses are on the top of our dress list. now it looks like the MOH will be the only one with a different dress while the other 5 have the same dress..

                speaking of dresses mine was supposed to come in on the 4th.. with labor day just a few days later i'm thinking that's what delayed my dress arrival. i still have no word of it yet i hope it comes in soon!!!!
                Thats nice! Now the MOH will stand out from the other girls which is great!

                Crossing my fingers your dress comes in soon! :)

                #408 ebredhawk

                ebredhawk
                • Member
                • 949 posts

                  Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

                  tonya, that sounds awesome!! so many BMs too.. don't think i could get that many unless i got married at home!

                  as for your dress.. if it goes a few more days, definitely give the store a call. they completely forgot to call me when my dress came in.. thankfully i called to check and they said it had been there since MARCH! glad to see things are coming together!

                  i bougth all of the components for my centerpieces, but i have to practice putting them together. once i do i'm definitely posting pictures so i can get your comments! we are doing square vases with drowned flowers and floating candles. the vase i got to try out is only 11 in. though and i'm afraid the huge table (all 20 people will be eating at one table for the reception dinner) will dwarf them, even if i have 3 or 4.

                  #409 jk1101

                  jk1101
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,582 posts

                    Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by doblauvelt
                    last sunday i went BM dress shopping with 3 of my 6 ladies. i originally wanted each of them to choose their own dresses for the same reason that one dress may not look good on another with the fact that i also have a size 2 BM all the way up to a size 14.. well, my MOH chose her own dress and the other two BM chose the same dress and love it! they haven't ordered yet and i believe we will be dress shopping again but these two dresses are on the top of our dress list. now it looks like the MOH will be the only one with a different dress while the other 5 have the same dress..

                    It's nice when things work out right without having to jump through hoops or make other peope feel like they are!

                    speaking of dresses mine was supposed to come in on the 4th.. with labor day just a few days later i'm thinking that's what delayed my dress arrival. i still have no word of it yet i hope it comes in soon!!!!
                    Definitely call the shop about your dress. If for some reason it's not there then they shoud be able to find out what the hold up is.


                    Erin - you said square - so are they 11x11 or 11 inches deep? I think if the stuff you put inside them are bright enough you will be fine if you have 4 and just stagger them across the table. Have you tried drawing it out?

                    #410 ebredhawk

                    ebredhawk
                    • Member
                    • 949 posts

                      Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

                      they are 11'' tall... probably a 4in. square. the stones in the bottom are bright pink to match our chair sashes so those will pop.. and the drowned flowers are white and bright pink orchids. i'm hoping your right michele.. that putting them all down the table will be enough. we also got votives that were already in tiny square holders (woo.. love a good deal like that) so those will be dispersed on the table. i'm just super paranoid that it's going to look too bare!




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)