Jump to content

Photo

April 2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#2791 shortnsweet7675

shortnsweet7675
  • Jr. Member
  • 483 posts

    Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
    And I almost forgot to mention, Nat... Has DH moved in yet? If so how is the transition treating the 2 of you? Must be a big difference, but a great feeling I can imagine. Keep us posted.
    Tracy, my hubby will be moving in this weekend. I have been thoroughly reading all of the posts you ladies have written about how you have gone through your tough times and how you've gotten through them. My hubby and I have not lived together before even though we have been together for two years... I am sure we will go through some rough patches adjusting, but we are determined to make this work.

    Good luck with the house... It's scary and exciting at the same time. I can't wait until the hubby and I can buy a house together, right now we're renting a house. I've owned two homes myself in the past, but it will feel like we are a little family with a house of our own.

    I'm hoping things go well with your surgery on Thursday.

    #2792 hoyt75

    hoyt75
    • Jr. Member
    • 371 posts

      Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

      Thanks Nat, every once in a while he says/does something sweet that blows me away! :)

      Tracy, I'm really hoping that your surgery goes well for you. I know how stressful house shopping can be, try to enjoy it!

      We've definitely been through our hard times, and moving in with someone, regardless of how long you've known them, can be challenging. I wish you the best of luck Nat, and I'm sure it will be just fine.

      Honestly, DH and I moved in together after knowing each other just a little less then 2 months. At the time, I was living on a ranch, breaking colts and living in a train (yes, I said train), and DH was living with his parents working as a delivery driver for Coors. We both desperately wanted to go back to school and finish our degrees, and it's sad to say, but we both saw each other as a tool to get to where we wanted to be. I assure you that the only reason we stayed together that 1st year was because we signed a lease. After that we moved into his parents house and it's because of his parents strong relationship that we learned how to communicate and be a little more sensitive to the other person's feelings. That 1st year was unbelievably rough, but if we can survive that, we can survive anything. Their is nothing left for us to argue over, I'm pretty sure we've walked down almost every path possible.

      Communication is essential to a successful relationship. I really like the idea of saying something positive about each other every night. We have friends and they have a sign over their bed that reads "always kiss me goodnight" and I think that's really important too. If you make a point to always be positive and channel frustration and negativity differently, I think we can all be amazed in how different the results are that we get.

      Since we're on the subject, we were given a really good book called "The Love Dare". We just started the book and it's 365 days of devotional readings to work towards true love. HOWEVER it is a Christian book, and I understand that not all of us have the same beliefs, but if you're a Christian, it's an excellent book to work through together.

      Enough of that, has anyone heard from Erin lately? Has she disappeared?

      #2793 shortnsweet7675

      shortnsweet7675
      • Jr. Member
      • 483 posts

        Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

        Jenna,

        Sounds like you two have definitely been through a lot. I will have to check out the "Love Dare" book. Although, I cant remember the last time I was able to actually complete reading a book.

        #2794 jk1101

        jk1101
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,582 posts

          Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by hoyt75
          Thanks Nat, every once in a while he says/does something sweet that blows me away! :)

          Tracy, I'm really hoping that your surgery goes well for you. I know how stressful house shopping can be, try to enjoy it!

          We've definitely been through our hard times, and moving in with someone, regardless of how long you've known them, can be challenging. I wish you the best of luck Nat, and I'm sure it will be just fine.

          Honestly, DH and I moved in together after knowing each other just a little less then 2 months. At the time, I was living on a ranch, breaking colts and living in a train (yes, I said train), and DH was living with his parents working as a delivery driver for Coors. We both desperately wanted to go back to school and finish our degrees, and it's sad to say, but we both saw each other as a tool to get to where we wanted to be. I assure you that the only reason we stayed together that 1st year was because we signed a lease. After that we moved into his parents house and it's because of his parents strong relationship that we learned how to communicate and be a little more sensitive to the other person's feelings. That 1st year was unbelievably rough, but if we can survive that, we can survive anything. Their is nothing left for us to argue over, I'm pretty sure we've walked down almost every path possible.

          Communication is essential to a successful relationship. I really like the idea of saying something positive about each other every night. We have friends and they have a sign over their bed that reads "always kiss me goodnight" and I think that's really important too. If you make a point to always be positive and channel frustration and negativity differently, I think we can all be amazed in how different the results are that we get.

          Since we're on the subject, we were given a really good book called "The Love Dare". We just started the book and it's 365 days of devotional readings to work towards true love. HOWEVER it is a Christian book, and I understand that not all of us have the same beliefs, but if you're a Christian, it's an excellent book to work through together.

          Enough of that, has anyone heard from Erin lately? Has she disappeared?
          You aren't alone - we actually got engaged 1 month after our first date, and were living together pretty much after the first week of dating. It was a HUGE adjustment for 2 very independent people who were very used to space and alone time. And then, when I gave up my apartment to live in his house, it was another huge adjustment. And we argued and fought, and we also have the "always kiss me goodnight" sign over our bed. And we have both learned and grown a lot - we still haven't been together 2 whole years yet!

          I think an important thing is learning how to argue - arguing isn't always bad - you aren't always going to agree on everything, but you can agree to disagree, and you can take a break instead of screaming at each other.

          Natasha, I hope it goes smoothly with your hubby moving in - it's been interesting living with mine - there are certain things he does now, that I just shake my head about...not worth a fight, just the silly things ike not putting new tp on the roll, when it's in a little holder RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROLL, or he tells me we're out of it, when there are 15 rolls in the closet, JUST LIKE I TOLD HIM THE LAST TIME.
          Or when he finishes dinner and just leaves his plate on the table instead of putting it at least in the sink instead of the dishwasher....but he does all of the cooking so I don't say anything!

          I think Erin is in the process of moving and changing jobs so she's probably super busy these days.


          I'm meeting up with the Jersey brides this weekend - so excited to meet everyone!

          #2795 shortnsweet7675

          shortnsweet7675
          • Jr. Member
          • 483 posts

            Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jerseykitten
            You aren't alone - we actually got engaged 1 month after our first date, and were living together pretty much after the first week of dating. It was a HUGE adjustment for 2 very independent people who were very used to space and alone time. And then, when I gave up my apartment to live in his house, it was another huge adjustment. And we argued and fought, and we also have the "always kiss me goodnight" sign over our bed. And we have both learned and grown a lot - we still haven't been together 2 whole years yet!

            I think an important thing is learning how to argue - arguing isn't always bad - you aren't always going to agree on everything, but you can agree to disagree, and you can take a break instead of screaming at each other.

            Natasha, I hope it goes smoothly with your hubby moving in - it's been interesting living with mine - there are certain things he does now, that I just shake my head about...not worth a fight, just the silly things ike not putting new tp on the roll, when it's in a little holder RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROLL, or he tells me we're out of it, when there are 15 rolls in the closet, JUST LIKE I TOLD HIM THE LAST TIME.
            Or when he finishes dinner and just leaves his plate on the table instead of putting it at least in the sink instead of the dishwasher....but he does all of the cooking so I don't say anything!

            I think Erin is in the process of moving and changing jobs so she's probably super busy these days.


            I'm meeting up with the Jersey brides this weekend - so excited to meet everyone!
            My hubby and I were talking the other night about what we thought our first huge argument would be about. We have disagreements, but we've never had a huge one.

            He has spent the weekends here with me over the past couple of years, so I've already experienced some of the "minor" things that he does that get on my nerves... like leaving the toilet seat up, not cleaning up his mess after he cooks, etc. He just says that I fuss too much. I'm pretty high strung and he's pretty laid back, so it's been an interesting mix. I'll have to give you guys an update in a month or so to see how we are getting along!

            My aunt told me to just pick my battles, it's not worth arguing over the little stuff.

            Have fun at the Jersey Brides get together!

            #2796 caribbeanLover

            caribbeanLover
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,619 posts

              Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

              This is funny!!!!!!

              Mine.. he brings the dish's to the sink, put instead of putting it in the sink (or better yet the dishwasher) he leaves it on the counter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              LOL the toilet set!!! How annoying... took me 4 and half years for me to get through to him.. and it wasn't yelling at him, or being nice that finally sunk into his head... it was me falling into the toilet one night of my 'more then half asleep pee' That wasn't fun, but funny now lol!!!

              Sooo Nat, his moved in by now.. how's it going?!
              It might not be toooooo much different since you guys did spend every weekend together,and you both work so your not boh home all day long together. (Makes a difference lol)

              Hows everyone doing these days, WHAT are you doing?
              http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
              Tracy and Mike

              Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
              Happily ever after...

              #2797 echo2_62

              echo2_62
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,049 posts

                Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

                TRACY!! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you've been feeling since your surgery. I'm sure you've been sleeping a lot but have the doctors said anything about whether the procedure was successful and if they think it will help diminish all the problems you were having? I hope that recovery hasn't been too bad on you!!

                I laughed at your comment on the dishes as my hubby leaves them on the counter as well. I'm a sink person myself since I was always told to soak/rinse everything before it goes in the dishwasher. Mind you that is a habit from dishwashers made 20yrs ago but it's hard to break!!
                And I've never fallen into the toilet when the seat was up but I did "complain" of bruised bum bones from sitting too hard on that cold rim one night. We girls have it easy with the nice rounded seats LOL!

                And Nat, I sure hope you've made the adjustment alright! My know that when we moved in together, hubby said that he never realized I was so neurotic about the smallest things (like toilet paper, dishes etc) despite all the time we'd spent staying at each others houses before that. I just told him it was because I waited until he left to REDO all the things he'd done that I didn't like! LOL!!!!

                #2798 hoyt75

                hoyt75
                • Jr. Member
                • 371 posts

                  Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by echo2_62
                  TRACY!! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you've been feeling since your surgery. I'm sure you've been sleeping a lot but have the doctors said anything about whether the procedure was successful and if they think it will help diminish all the problems you were having? I hope that recovery hasn't been too bad on you!!
                  I too am curious... details please!

                  #2799 shortnsweet7675

                  shortnsweet7675
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 483 posts

                    Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

                    Meghan,

                    Your comment about going behind your hubby to REDO things he had done is so like me! I am totally a control freak. The hubby and I are adjusting fine so far because he already knows how I am and he's a pretty laid back, go-with-the-flow type of guy.


                    Tracy,

                    First of all, how did things go with your surgery?

                    Things are going fine with the hubby & I so far. No problems yet. He's actually been putting the toilet seat down too, so hopefully I don't have to worry about falling in like you did!

                    I'm loving him being with me right now because I sleep better at night when he is with me. My dogs aren't liking it though because they can't sleep in the bed with me anymore. I have a funny story though... We got a wedding gift delivered to the house on Saturday in this huge box. The box that the gift was in sat in the living room for 2 whole days near the stairs to the second floor of the house. I was thinking, "I know he sees this huge box sitting here and he'll go put it in the garage". So, when he went upstairs the other day, I moved the box to almost right in front of the stairs so he would HAVE to move it. Do you know, he just pushed the box to the side and left it there? I finally said to him, "Are you gonna put that box in the garage". He was like, "why didn't you just tell me to do it". I guess they can't read our minds huh?

                    #2800 hoyt75

                    hoyt75
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 371 posts

                      Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

                      HAHAHAHA!!!! Nat, that is EXACTLY what my husband would do! He would leave it there until I told him that I wanted it moved. Seriously, what is up with guys? They were given a perfectly good brain, and yet, they're incapable of using it half the time.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users