April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Nat,
I just love love love your favour!!! OMG woman you have some freaking amazing ideas!!!
lol you sound like me, it's all scattered around the house, still having to put things together and nothing is completely finished. Like you I'm hopeful it'll get done in time.
Thanks for the fingers crossed!!!

Jenna,
I think that is very special!!!!! I am sure you'll figure how to incorperate it. Let us know what you decided, I am def excited to hear all about it!!!

Michele
Really!!! I'm so use to going to Cuba where you don't get anything, I decided just to buy 4 travel size shampoo's. Still actually pretty light. So I wont worry about that. But I know for sure there is an iron, I'll def do that.
Our resort does offer steaming and all, but always for a fee!!!
Thanks for all the info, Have you been to a Palladium before? Just in Jamaica?
LOL Btw It's Jenna April 3rd. Right?! I hope.....
I haven't been to palladium before but there's a website called PalladiumAddict.net thay gives you all the info. I also took the more expensive wedding package to include the dress/suit steaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegrilLB View Post
wow April 3 is just around the corner! I can't believe the roof collapsed on your AHR site...hopefully you can find somewhere else just as good.

I am truely dreading writing all the thank you notes...I have terrible handwriting and I never know what to say other than "thank you" lol. I'll have to look online for some tips.

there is a definite "art" to writing Thank you notes...luckily I only had to do 10 for my shower and will only have to do about 15 for the wedding. try printing rather than writing in cursive, and try penciling lines onto the note, to make it easier to write and neater.
When you write a note you want to make it personal and meaningful to the people you're sending it to -
So
thank you so much for coming to our wedding and/or your generous gift.
If they gave you a gift, you can add - we've been saving up for a ___ or to go _____
it meant so much to us that you travelled all the way from _____ just to be with there for our special day.

then you want to add something specific that happened between you and that guest/couple, which will personalize it

then you can finish it with Love or Thanks again or whatever....

The reason that this is so important is that otherwise you sound like a child writing

thanks for coming to our wedding. Hope to see you soon.

Love
XXX

You do have a ton to write - hopefully your FI will help, and just plan to do like 10 at a time each night - will make it easier on you.
Did I tell you guys that we had 2 people back out?
FI's cousin and his wife. She had brain surgery last week.Thankfully he's ok but can't travel. it actually made my seating arrangement go better so it's fine - and they were the one's bringing their kids - FI was convinced they would be bringing them to the wedding and he'd have to kick them out.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see your centerpieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
at the risk of everyone thinking that i'm a crazy, micro-managing weirdo.. i have attached my wedding packing list. this is ONLY wedding-related things... my packing list for myself and J is in my huge wedding file!

i have columns for what it is, whether it's packed yet (or where it will go), if it's in my bins of wedding things and i put special notes of who it needs to go to (deyanira and flori are my two WCs) once we get down there. i also started a key for the name of each person's bag, etc.

it may be a jumbled up mess, but it will give you an idea of all of the things we're bringing!

and omg, i just looked at the calendar at april 3rd is almost 2 weeks away!! eeeek!! michele, when did you start this thread, last summer? it seems like just a few months ago!

i have pictures of the centerpieces, but i'd rather just post a picture of the whole reception table set-up once i get all of my flowers and everything back!

michele, i'm glad your FI's cousin is okay AND it all worked out better for your plans. it stinks that they can't come, but that is a legitimate excuse! much better than people who back out at the last minute because they don't "feel like it"!

Thanks for the Thank You note tips! I definitely don't want it to sound generic or impersonal, so that format is great :)

My FI's hand-writing is even worse than mine, and he seems to think this exempts him from having to write any of notes...I wanted to argue with him on this, but really his hand-writing is pretty bad, so he will probably win that battle, lol.

I forgot to mention,

SOrry Michele, about your cousine. I can relate Mike's god father was going to come with his Wife, but she got breast cancer!!! sad.gif but she'll be ok, just can't travel.

I'm so glad your cousine will be ok. Looks like it turn out ok tho.

I also had my cousine back out for no reason, but them too were taking the kids. So oh well!!!

I've gotten 2 gifts (cash) and I still haven't written a thank you, because I wanted to wait until we got back, make a post card from vistaprint, one side of a picture of the whole group and on the other side will be the thank you. Is it to tacky/cheap of me to wait until we get back?

Hand writting?!?!?! I have to print mine if I want it to come out half looking good lol.

I print not hand write, and FI is a scribbler! lol.

Erin, looking forward to seeing your centerpieces.

I'll do the same.. waiting to get my seashell candle holders, then post a pic of it all together.

I've had the same dilemma. Since the wedding is pretty soon, I don't think it would be too long to wait. You can just make sure you send theirs out first.

I like the idea of using postcards with a picture instead of a regualar card! No envelopes to stuff and seal, no stamps to get. And I could maybe even run it through a printer so I could print the notes instead of writing them by hand (still personalized though). hmmmm...

Surprinsingly, not that nervous! I had a major freak out earlier this week. FI just took a new job and he travels 90% of the time, so not only have I only seen him on the weekends, but things just got worse. His bf is getting married this weekend and his a gm, then he leaves for Chicago. He'll come home next Friday, his bm is taking him on the BBQ trail in Austin for the weekend for his bachelor party, and then he leaves again. Basically, I won't see him until we get on the plane. I totally freaked out over it, but he told his bm that he could only be gone 1 night and the he couldn't bare to not see me for 3 weeks. Thank goodness!

FINALLY got a hold of the wc at my resort and that cooled me down a lot. I'm not a very fussy person so it's been very easy going. I do have a bad case of bridal-brain that won't go away though! I'm just the type of person that likes to be very well organized and planned. I'm working on a huge excel sheet that I plan on posting when it's done. It will have items and cost on it. Hopefully it will help other brides in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
Surprinsingly, not that nervous! I had a major freak out earlier this week. FI just took a new job and he travels 90% of the time, so not only have I only seen him on the weekends, but things just got worse. His bf is getting married this weekend and his a gm, then he leaves for Chicago. He'll come home next Friday, his bm is taking him on the BBQ trail in Austin for the weekend for his bachelor party, and then he leaves again. Basically, I won't see him until we get on the plane. I totally freaked out over it, but he told his bm that he could only be gone 1 night and the he couldn't bare to not see me for 3 weeks. Thank goodness!
Yikes, you just totally put things into perspective for me!! I'm about to blow up at my FI for not being around enough b/c he doesn't get home from work until almost midnight. In my mind he's not making the last minute wedding details a priority, and I've been biting my tongue but don't know how much longer I can! BUT, at least he comes home at night to crawl into bed with me.

I think you're handling things pretty well considering his upcoming schedule!! Just hold tight you're sooooo close!smile03.gif

Funny (well not for the FI) I too just bit his head off, for not making wedding a priority, Last night i was panicking, and he was playing play station. I ask him to make up his mind up about the engraving on the rings he said 'I'll sleep on it' so I said fine, I'll ask you when I wake up the next day... so I call him and ask him 'so what did you come up with' his reply was 'oh I forgot what I was suppose to think about'

AAAAAAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna, I'm with you, I have 0 contact with the WC she never reply's to any of my e-mails. I feel so lost!!!

Def excited to see your sheet!!!