Photo

April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#191 robinkar

robinkar
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

jerseykitten - thank you for your response. Since we went through a travel agent and group bookings to reserve the resort for a specific week, it was the travel agent who contacted the wedding co-ordinator to see about getting us a wedding date. It was very stressful as it was looking like we would have to change our week as they couldn't seem to get a date for the wedding itself. So finally on July 31st we received the information that the date of April 15th was set. We know that we have to put a 10% deposit based on the wedding package but do not know how long the date of April 15th will remain ours as we decide which package to take and get our deposit to the resort.

#192 sarah310

sarah310
    • 172 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

So many new April brides everyday! Make sure to add your date to this list -- I found it helpful to know if a date was already booked before trying to contact the resort.

http://bestdestinati.../forum/t9132-29

When are you guys sending out your invitations? I was thinking January...

#193 sperger

sperger
      • Banned
      • 474 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

sarah310 - it's my plan to have them out right after the new year. I'm hoping this way they won't get lost in the christmas card rush, and, people will be looking forward to a warm vacation!

Ebredhawk and doublevelt, I got them at the same store I got my dress, a "one stop shop" of a bridal salon. all my alterations are included, they are going to build in the spanx and those "chicken cutlet" padding so i'll have bigger boobs I guess. This process was harder than i thought! Originally I wanted navy blue, but it was so dark it looked black. So i ended up with european royal blue, which doesn't look too royal, it looks how you would expect navy blue to look like. The dress is #301, you can see it here - my sister is the MOH, we went to a shop and she tried on anything I liked that was short. After a while, we ended up with a winner! the sash will be royal blue too. They are going to shorten them to knee length. Bridesmaid Dresses and Formal Dresses by Bill Levkoff in New York

#194 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
        • 949 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

sperger.. that dress is beautiful! i think it'll look even better shortened too!

michele, where are you going on vacation? make sure you soak up as much down time as possible before the job hunt starts back up!

robin, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your date! make sure you keep us posted. also, like we always tell the new brides, there is no such thing as "being behind" in wedding planning. it totally depends on when you start, how involved or detailed you want things to be and your personality. the best thing is having this site so you can always get new ideas and get help at any point along the way!

taylorbride, do the BM dresses actually have pockets? i LOVE that look and it's super convenient too! and you can definitely never go wrong with a nice necklace. i'm sure you'll be able to find something to wear it to if it doesn't end up going with your dress.

kerry, i think you're the first honduras bride i've heard of! that is really cool and unique, plus i love your "eco-friendly" ideas and i'm jealous you can keep track of who's checking your website. that is definitely a bonus when you're figuring out who is really interested in the trip. are you staying at a hotel or a resort? do they have all-inclusive packages?

planning is definitely slowing down for me.. little things here and there, but that's basically it. we finally found our GM outfits (black linen short sleeve shirts and tan linen shorts) and i'm on the hunt for BM sandals. i also ordered by BD book from my photographer after realizing that there isn't much of a cost difference and she will do an incredible job with it. i'll be anxious to see what she comes up with!

also, i am having one hell of a time trying to find silk or real touch stargazer lilies online. i've found a few sites that look like they have good quality, but they're sold out and don't know when they'll get them back in stock. has anyone found or heard of a good place to buy quality fake flowers online?

#195 sperger

sperger
          • Banned
          • 474 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

erin, i'm having a bouquet sent from shavon's silks - i've seen her stuff online, and she's sending me a bouquet as a sample. I could have sworn i saw star gazers on her site, fresh real natural touch artificial silk wedding bouquet flowers , but i haven't seen the quality yet.

#196 kmyers

kmyers
            • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ebredhawk
              sperger.. that dress is beautiful! i think it'll look even better shortened too!

kerry, i think you're the first honduras bride i've heard of! that is really cool and unique, plus i love your "eco-friendly" ideas and i'm jealous you can keep track of who's checking your website. that is definitely a bonus when you're figuring out who is really interested in the trip. are you staying at a hotel or a resort? do they have all-inclusive packages?

We are staying at a boutique resort called Palmetto Bay Plantation. They did a custom package for our guests so they can choose 3 or 7 nights with AI, stock your villa or pay as you go. Roatan is extremely affordable and it's more cost effective for the guests to stay 7 nights.

#197 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

Erin - we're going on a 10 day motorcycle tour of New Hampshire and Maine. It's going to be my longest bike trip to date and my longest time away from the computer! I've never been to either state so it should be fun and nice to be away from all of the craziness around here. Everyone is under explicit instructions "Do Not Call Michele unless it's an Emergency".
                I really can't wait to get away!

#198 GregsBride

GregsBride
                • 333 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sperger
                  erin, i'm having a bouquet sent from shavon's silks - i've seen her stuff online, and she's sending me a bouquet as a sample. I could have sworn i saw star gazers on her site, fresh real natural touch artificial silk wedding bouquet flowers , but i haven't seen the quality yet.
                  I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one dealing with the flower issue. As of now I am torn between Shavon's and Hibiscus... Shavon's prices are a lot cheaper but I love the finished streamlined look of the Hibiscus bouquets and they look so much more realistic. Maybe I should ask her to send me a sample as well. Is the sample she sending you similar to what your actual bouquet would look like? Also, can you tell me the price and how long it takes to receive the sample?? Thanks!!
                  ~Christina

#199 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
                  • 380 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

I've been looking for real touch flowers too, no luck yet. Sperger, let us know how Shavon's sample bouquet turns out.

Guess what? I have 7 guests booked, my email worked (for some... not all) lol.

#200 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by doblauvelt

Guess what? I have 7 guests booked, my email worked (for some... not all) lol.

I am so jealous!
                      I sent out an email 2 weeks ago and I just keep finding out more people aren't coming!
                      My mom SWORE she would do it this week. She's coming for dinner tonight so I may have her call the TA from here and my best friend also said she was putting the deposit down this week.

SIGH

I should make a ticker for my vacation - only 7 days till we take off on the bike!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users