| Originally Posted by echo2_62 |
Oh yes and of all strange things - FI's request was that as soon as we finish the ceremony that we jump out of the gazebo and into the ocean!!! Nevermind that it would basically ruin my chances for wearing my dress the rest of the night and my hair would be shot etc.!!!! So I think we're definitely going to be doing that at some point for pictures. Our friends are cool enough that they'd probably get back into the same clothes they wear for the ceremony just so we could do photos and have it pretend to still be the wedding day!!
Tracy - most pubs will be open and serving liquor by 11am so as long as you can find one that's really close to your photog. studio/location and you don't mind chugging a little bit then you'll totally be able to get a few drinks down!!
And I'm sorry to hear you're still having troubles with your room booking. Here's my perspective - if SOMEONE will admit to making the mistake when booking then that's step 1. If all the regular deluxe suites are booked now there isn't too much you can do about that so you have two options. First, get upgraded to an even better room (maybe wishful thinking, given how stubborn they are being) or at the least get a refund back for the extra money you paid for the better suite but didn't get. FI and I had considered getting an upgraded room but we figured that since we'll be out of our room so often, whether its in town or just out at the pool or on the beach, that it's not the size of the room that matters so much as whether or not we still have everything we want in it. Shower big enough for two - check. Full room service anytime of day/night - check. Restocked bar if we decide to hide out for two (or five) days - check. A nice BIG king size bed - check. So while I absolutely agree that you deserve what you paid for... and you should see it through as much as possible... the other way to look at it is just whether you have your own private space with all the benefits you want. You'll be a MRS and that's what will matter, not the size of your room, when it comes to just the two of you.
OMG and there's not a chance at all that I would be allowed to hyphenate my name either!! It would just be WAY too long for me at that point anyways, but I don't want the complications for our kids either because I know it was always confusing at school when I was growing up. Maybe it was just so much less common then than it would be now.
That's going to be amazing, jumping in the ocean right after you say 'I Do' those pictures will be stunning.
Well that's just it, we paid the extra money to have extra things, like king size bed, a hydro message shower that will fit the two of us (the Junior suite that we are currently booked for doesn't have these things) I know the junior suite is a beautiful room (but it's an open concept room with the bath tub and sinks in the bedroom.. I didn't want that so I made sure to pay for the extra)
I told them to just give us our money back for the difference of the rooms and we will just settle for something we didn't want (and we would call consumer's report on CTV news) but they begged for another business day to try and get TMR to pay the upgrade to the romance suite now (since the deluxe is sold out, i have a feeling they are trying to delay us untill all the upgraded rooms are booked, this way it'd be out of their hands)
I am making the FI put his foot down tomorrow (he wont let me finish something I originally started) and saying you either give us an answer now about the upgrade, or will well go on to Plan B (keep our junior suite and sue them and get CTV involved!)
I know we wont be in our rooms a lot (the first week) with guest.. but the second week we did plan on spending enough time in the room (hehehe) it's not even the point, I don't care about the size(the were petty much the same size, just upgraded bathroom, extra t.v, swim up pool)
it's the whole prinicple to me, that I paid for extra I should get extra!! I am so bloody stubborn, I wont let this go.
So now I am waiting again untill tomorrow to see what kind of answers I get.. all while I am going for my boudoir session tomorrow!!
FI will not allow me to hyphenate our child's name either.. altho I agree with you it'd get to long and complecated for the kid. Jokeing I told Mike if we were to stay in MTL the kid would get my name as it's french and FI it's scottish, but if we moved the child could get his name as we would live somewhere english lol.
| Originally Posted by hoyt75 |
Thanks ladies... I'll try showing FI some pics to see if that convinces him to do a TTD.
I'm so glad I found another bride using Sascha!
Wow - I go out for a couple of hours and so much to catch up on!
Tracy - did you find out about your room yet? I hope it all works out.
and drink away - I'd bet not many people do the BD pics totally sober - I'm a total ham and love getting my picture taken but I think I'd need a drink to do that kind of picture!
I don't remember how i got FI to do the TTD -he's been good with letting me do whatever I want - he has seen the pictures and how beautiful they are - he's a little vain so we've been hitting the gym really hard these days too.
I am actually going to change my name - which at my age is going to be a pain in the a$$, but it's one of the things I am a traditionalist in. FI didn't even care whether I did or not... but I want to be Mrs. FI...
and in non-wedding related news - my ear has been bothering me for I don't know, 3 weeks...so I had my diet dr look at it - he gave me a decongestant...on Saturday I went to a walk in clinic because, along with the earache, I KNEW I had a UTI (we all know when that's going on) and the dr gave me an antibiotic and said my ear looked red...yesterday at the gym I had to stop what the trainer had me doing because i was so dizzy/nauseous and my ear hurt so much even to chew, yawn, talk,swallow and I can't sleep on that side now...so today I went to FI's doctor...I have a double ear infection, swollen glands, sinus infection...seriously - I have to fly in 7 weeks! Somebody better fix my ears! she was really nice - gave me a new antibiotic, nasal spray...if it's not gone in a week i have to go back...and I need to take a break from the gym...SIGH....
And while I'm there the new job is calling trying to have me come in for my drug screen today - i had to tell them no - I'll go tomorrow
And thursday is court for my car accident!
Remember when I thought I'd have some free time before the wedding?
That was a vent - thank you!
like I was saying, the FI gave them yet another day to try and sort things out wih TMR. He promised not to come home tomorrow if he doesn't have a final answer from them lol. Hopefully tomorrow!!!
Me too, the FI has been just going along with everything I wanted. We're so lucky in the sense!!
Aww, that'll be nice to have his last name (I did too, but not for $2000)
It's a lot of work to change your name, with all the paper work? you'll also have to change your passport I guess?
Aww, I suffer from ear infections all my life,so I totally feel your pain.
I really hope the new meds work this week, and you don't have to go back to the docs.
I totally know what you mean with the flying. Even on a good week with my ears, the totally hurt and they only pop about 3 days after I land. Plus with the crohn's I get crazy flare ups for 2 days (going there and coming back)
I hate flying, but I love going down south what total contradiction!
Keep us posted on how your feeling!!
Well I know you've been doing great with the gym and with your trainer. SO I am sure it wont totally kill to take a week off. And can do some butt crunch while sitting down, or walking to the bathroom! lol
(Sorry for a lot of 'totally's I never say that word and for a lot of mistakes in my spelling today lol