April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#151 kerbear99

kerbear99
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi all,
    I'm getting married on April 18th, so far sent out STD and 20 people have booked so far but so looking forward to getting married At Sea in the Caribbean.

#152 taraappl

taraappl
    • 69 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jerseykitten
      No need to apologize - Welcome welcome welcome!
      Sounds like you got a great deal on the OOT bags!
      I really did. I'd like to share the ebay link with all of you. These bags are just great! WHOLESALE LOT OF 25 EXPANDABLE JELLY TOTE BAGS - eBay (item 350226852867 end time Jul-20-09 12:48:37 PDT)

#153 taraappl

taraappl
      • 69 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

ebredhawk - We are getting married on North beach just right out in front of the hotel. Our wedding coordinator is wonderful and I agree... I dont know what I would EVER do without her. I was going to work with destinationweddings.com but honestly the hotel we are staying at is such a small family owned hotel that it just didnt work out to with with a TA. It would have been nice to have 1 stop shopping and some monthly payment options but it just didnt work out. So for now, our guests have to book directly through the hotel and book their own air.

#154 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
        • 949 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

tonya, where is the picture in your siggy from? that is so cute.. looks like a pro engagement picture already!! we had basically zero normal pictures of the two of us together, so this was basically mandatory!

welcome kerbear.. can't wait to hear all about your cruise wedding planning! are you getting married when the boat is in the middle of the water? that is so cool!!

tara, that's an awesome bag find! what a deal! we found decks of cards with travel pictures on them and in plastic cases at michael's for $1 a piece.. thank goodness for deals like these!! sounds like your guests will be taken care of at such a quaint, family-owned place. probably no negotiating for prices or anything like that!

#155 Barefoot in the Sand

Barefoot in the Sand
          • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

Hi girls,
            I am getting married on April 24th, 2010 at the Iberostar in Playa Del Carmen. I have sent out my save the dates and did passports. I am doing boarding passes for my invitations. We have invited 80 people to the wedding. I have my dress, shoes, OOT bags, Greg's clothes, itinerary books, bridesmaids, and groomsmen all done. I am handmaking photo albums for my bridesmaids. I have known all of them since before grade school so this should be fun. I look forward to learning from you ladies.

Mandee

#156 jk1101

jk1101
            • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

Erin, your engagement pictures are awesome!
              I just came back from being away - it will take me a few days to get caught up on everything else!

#157 jojo194

jojo194
              • 205 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

Wow Barefoot in the Sand, it sounds like you have a lot done already. I am sure that will be a good thing with the holidays and everything in between now and then.

We started planning earlier because we wanted everyone to be able to take time off of work and plan any vacations around it or with it. Plus it also helped reserve lower prices on the cruise (if prices drop we can get the reduced prices, but if they go up and no one has booked then people will just have to pay more). I am not sure if these same things happen with hotels or resorts, but cruise prices seem to go up and down.

Currently I am just finding all the DIY things to do on this site, although I do need to become more active to be able to see some templates. I have a ton of time right now and not really anything to stress about. So I am hoping to become ahead of the game because I am thinking when it gets closer I may have other things to be arranging (like bus transportation, the at home "pre-party", and people asking me questions...I have found people don't like to talk to the travel agent, haha).

Jerseykitten and ebredhawk, I really like your monogram. Did you design that or have someone design it for you. That is hopefully my next step. Well before that I guess I have to pick definite colors, but hopefully that will be done soon as well. I was looking around these forums and saw places where people did them on their own and where they used a website to get designs. So I was just wondering what you guys did.

I will definitely keep you guys posted about any new cruise planning to consider.

#158 jk1101

jk1101
                • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

Sarah from Sproulle Designs made my monogram. She's a member/vendor on this site - she has such great designs - it was hard to pick.

#159 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                  • 949 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

jojo, rebecca ("becks" on here) from allurements by rebecca (allurements by rebecca - Google Search) did mine. for me the monogram was one project definitely better left to the professionals! we've taken the design and used parts of it on our OOT bags and towels, our invites and a few other things, so it was definitely worth it!

do we have 4 april 24th brides now? i know there are at least 3! bahamas, mexico and jamaica.. think we can find a cuba bride too? :)

#160 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
                    • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

I'm on my way out from work but I just wanted to stop by and say hi and congrats to all the new April 2010 brides, we're getting bigger and bigger!

Kerbear- You already have 20 people booked? Good for you! I just sent my STDs, still waiting for people to pick up the phone and call my TA.

Mandee- You must have a lot of patience to handmake photo albums for your girls. How are you doing it?

Erin- the picture in my siggy was from Kauai. FI and I along with my brother and his then gf went last August. My brother has a pro camera, a nikon or something, and we all thought it would be a cute picture to take home with us for memories. It took him forever to set this shoot up, he was a noob then haha! but it came out great! I really think that this is our only normal picture of all the years we've been together. An engagement shoot is still needed, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users