Jump to content

Photo

April 2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#1471 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,619 posts

    Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

    btw I sent 50 invites and I have 10 rsvp back! some yes some no.. but my whole point is.. thati how much our family and friends respect us. I always RSVP back even if I can't go, why can't other people do the same and just show some R E S P E C T!
    Lol the song is playing in my head now..
    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
    Tracy and Mike

    Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
    Happily ever after...

    #1472 Marriott Cancun Weddings

    Marriott Cancun Weddings
    • Vendor
    • 147 posts

      Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

      Congratulations to all the April Brides! It is my favorite month for Weddings (at least in these area as we have a wonderful weather!)
      Although sometimes things may seem to go out of control, don't stress, enjoy each step of the process, feel free to ask for help to your wedding planner or coordinator, maid of honor or any other friend or family member!
      This is a unique time in your life and even the planning should be remembered as a happy moment!

      Warmest wishes to all!

      Josefina Luna |Sales Executive | Marriott Certified Wedding Planner|
      JW Marriott Cancun Resort & SPA |CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort|
      Ph +52 998 881 2014 |Fax +52 998 881 2024 - |
      email: josefina.luna@marriotthotels.com
      www.facebook.com/marriott.cancun.weddings

      #1473 Melidell

      Melidell
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,091 posts

        Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
        I feel you.. I have a brochure I am ordering from vista print and I am putting the guest names on them so when we get there I can just write in the room # each guest is staying at.. but I can't order it until I have the final guest names. Plus like you all the favours.
        I am totally annoyed. So much for having everything done at least a month before the wedding.. the way things are looking it wont be finally done until the first week of April.. Not happy
        even the FI realiz's this is becoming to much, and he always just wants to get it over and done with for me!
        I hear you. I'm still enjoying parts of the planning but I'm worried about finishing up on time. I'll be leaving for Halifax two weeks before we leave for Cuba, too, so if it's not done by the first week of April then chances are it's not getting done. We'll be traveling around and staying at friends, then at a hotel... aside from some last minute shopping and tying the favour tags on to things I won't be able to do much. The pressure is on, for sure.
        Loving married life!

        #1474 echo2_62

        echo2_62
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,049 posts

          Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

          Okay since you mentioned it Mel - would it be in bad taste if I DIDN'T plan on making up a seating arrangement for dinner? I've been going back and forth about it because of our group of friends that are coming down with us, most of them are a fairly cohesive bunch that hang out together all the time and those who aren't part of that first group are all part of a second group anyways. So if we sat everyone according to who they know and would be comfortable with, those are the two groups they'd mostly end up sitting in anyways! Agh! I don't know!

          Tracy - that's a really good idea to use the brochures for adding in everyone's room numbers. Since about a third of our guests are heading down a day earlier than the rest of us, I may have to ask one of my bridesmaids to take something like these down for me to fill out for that part of the group and anyone else whose flight arrives before mine.
          And seriously, have you had 21 confirmed guests on your counter for a while now?!! Maybe I saw it but wasn't thinking about the number you know? The last I remember was maybe around 10 or so?? Yikes I'm out of it!

          #1475 KimmyG

          KimmyG
          • Member
          • 520 posts

            Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

            I'm trying to keep things as low-stress as possible... not bothering with a seating chart (since i know nothing about the tables/setup at our resort), not doing favors (just OOT bags and marraccas once we get to MX), and not doing a program for the ceremony. I'd like to do a welcome brochure and list with everyone's name and room number but those are just going to have to be last minute things, i suppose.
            I'm also trying to keep calm with the whole RSVP thing and assume that if I haven't heard a peep from someone that means they're not coming. Of course I may be wrong, but I'm assuming most people who booked their trip would be excited enough to let us know!
            If they're rude enough to show up without RSVPing then they don't get an OOT bag hehe

            #1476 ebredhawk

            ebredhawk
            • Member
            • 949 posts

              Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

              i agree with kim on everything... i'm not doing any of that stuff either. it's a DW so all bets are off. it's hard to predict how things are going to be set up at most places and i'd have to make up the list of what everyone's room number is once we get down there since we won't know before (which does not sound appealing to me!). i'm attempting to go as low-stress as possible, but we'll see how that turns out!

              speaking of which, i just found out that i don't get to go home now until january 29th. suchhhh a huge bummer. i think i'm going to focus on just doing little wedding-related things to get me through. starting a packing list, finalizing my information packet for my guests, finding stuff for my flower girl bags, etc. i've never been happier that i did so much before 2010!

              #1477 Melidell

              Melidell
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,091 posts

                Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by echo2_62
                Okay since you mentioned it Mel - would it be in bad taste if I DIDN'T plan on making up a seating arrangement for dinner? I've been going back and forth about it because of our group of friends that are coming down with us, most of them are a fairly cohesive bunch that hang out together all the time and those who aren't part of that first group are all part of a second group anyways. So if we sat everyone according to who they know and would be comfortable with, those are the two groups they'd mostly end up sitting in anyways! Agh! I don't know!
                I don't think it's in bad taste to leave this out at all! People will figure it out and just sit where they want if you don't bother with it- and that's not a bad thing. I wasn't going to myself, but our guest list is a bit higher than we'd anticipated so I thought it would be easier overall. Plus in our reception area we'll have a head table, so this way I can make sure our parents are at it as we're each just having one attendant (we already know what the seating arrangement is for the reception at our resort). I also wanted to seat the BM's girlfriend with him at the head table because she won't really know anyone else and I figured seating a couple apart from each other is kind of crappy anyway. If we were all at one big table I wouldn't bother, honestly. I'm just doing placecards at the seats, though, not a whole chart and escort cards and everything.

                I'm stopping at this and favours for decorations, though, I'm not bringing any centerpieces, chair sashes or anything like that down with me. The placecards/ place card holders are small and light so they're easily portable and wont be a big deal to pack. Plus they're pretty
                Loving married life!

                #1478 caribbeanLover

                caribbeanLover
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,619 posts

                  Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

                  lol I on the other hand am bring centerpieces and forgetting the whole place sitting. As I'll only have 20-22 guest (now) coming and like Meghan they are divided into 2 groups.. they will sit together. No point!
                  No decor tho!! I draw the line.

                  I thought it was a good idea the brochure too until I realized how much hassal it's becoming since it'll have to be a last minute thing, and I truly didn't want any last min things. Ah well nothing to do about it. Just can't wait until we go and get done and enjoy our time.. then come back and tell everyone about it (and read about all your story's lol)

                  Yes I got more people confirmed!! :) (before I only had my parents booked and a friend booked.. no one else has booked.. just confirmed)
                  But I got an e-mail from my first cousin telling me she isn't sure she can come now, and when will I need to know?!) lol *sigh*
                  I thought I was actually getting somewhere until that e-mail today!

                  I'm with you Kim, if I don't hear who is coming or not by tomorrow (after I used your letter Meghan) I am assuming (with good reason) they are not coming.. and if they do they just don't get a bag or favour!
                  http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                  Tracy and Mike

                  Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                  Happily ever after...

                  #1479 Melidell

                  Melidell
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,091 posts

                    Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                    Yes I got more people confirmed!! :) (before I only had my parents booked and a friend booked.. no one else has booked.. just confirmed)
                    But I got an e-mail from my first cousin telling me she isn't sure she can come now, and when will I need to know?!) lol *sigh*
                    I thought I was actually getting somewhere until that e-mail today!

                    I'm with you Kim, if I don't hear who is coming or not by tomorrow (after I used your letter Meghan) I am assuming (with good reason) they are not coming.. and if they do they just don't get a bag or favour!
                    So, I've been having some thoughts about this, too. If I were to order favours now, and my numbers go up more than I'm anticipating, could I do one favour per couple? I'm leaning towards mini photo albums right now and technically couples who live together wouldn't need two.... is this tacky or practical/ reasonable? This seems like common sense to me but for all I know I'd be breaking some major etiquette law or something...sigh. Any opinions?

                    Letting the last minute people go without is pretty tempting, too!
                    Loving married life!

                    #1480 echo2_62

                    echo2_62
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,049 posts

                      Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ebredhawk
                      i agree with kim on everything... i'm not doing any of that stuff either. it's a DW so all bets are off. it's hard to predict how things are going to be set up at most places and i'd have to make up the list of what everyone's room number is once we get down there since we won't know before (which does not sound appealing to me!). i'm attempting to go as low-stress as possible, but we'll see how that turns out!
                      I like your comment that all bets are off! So good to know that I'm not the only one who didn't want to do any sort of seating arrangement. I think the only concept I had of how tables etc would be set up is in my head! I want to request that tables only seat 8 people because I find anymore than that is typically too crowded. And even that way we'll only have five tables max based on the numbers right now so it's no big deal.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Melidell
                      I don't think it's in bad taste to leave this out at all! People will figure it out and just sit where they want if you don't bother with it- and that's not a bad thing. I also wanted to seat the BM's girlfriend with him at the head table because she won't really know anyone else and I figured seating a couple apart from each other is kind of crappy anyway.

                      I'm stopping at this and favours for decorations, though, I'm not bringing any centerpieces, chair sashes or anything like that down with me. The placecards/ place card holders are small and light so they're easily portable and wont be a big deal to pack. Plus they're pretty
                      I thought it was a good idea the brochure too until I realized how much hassle it's becoming since it'll have to be a last minute thing.

                      Yes I got more people confirmed!! :) (before I only had my parents booked and a friend booked.. no one else has booked.. just confirmed)
                      I think that if you've got people confirmed to go, then just make up your brochure with Vistaprint about a month before the wedding and since they only take a week or two for delivery then at least all your design and everything will be ready to go and you just have to click on the Order button. That might help take some of the stress out of it being more last minute?!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Melidell
                      So, I've been having some thoughts about this, too. If I were to order favours now, and my numbers go up more than I'm anticipating, could I do one favour per couple? I'm leaning towards mini photo albums right now and technically couples who live together wouldn't need two.... is this tacky or practical/ reasonable? This seems like common sense to me but for all I know I'd be breaking some major etiquette law or something...sigh. Any opinions?

                      Letting the last minute people go without is pretty tempting, too!
                      I think that one photo album per couple is totally fine, especially since you're going to have your pretty placecards to put out still! I'd done the same thing with buying some of my OOT bag items. I bought about 34 (weird # I know) of some things because if we ended up with our max. no. of guests at around 50 then I could do one per couple and one per single, OR if we ended up with 34 or less guests then everyone could have their own! It's seemed to work pretty well so go for it!

                      As for etiquette - I think that people who RSVP late (or not at all) and then still book and except all the same treatment are the ones breaking etiquette rules, not you! I mean, you could still make a small OOT bag for them but for items like mugs or towels that need to be ordered ahead of time then too bad! You have RSVP deadlines for a reason!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users