Jump to content

Photo

April 2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#1381 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,049 posts

    Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amcarter
    I am getting nervous reading this blog everyday. I am obviously so far behind. My wedding is in a little over 100 days and we just found out we have to move to a new venue.

    As you can see I have a LOT to do. I think I'm going to print a large checklist and put it on the wall in my house as a daily reminder that I need to be doing something. I am really disappointed that I have only received two RSVP cards back in the mail. I have 11 confirmed airline tickets so far.
    Yikes! What happened that you had to move to a new venue?? Have you been able to switch everything over without much trouble?

    Do a search of the threads here... I know there are a couple really useful spreadsheet checklists that you might be able to use. It might at least save you the trouble of having to type it all out yourself!

    I think sometimes people assume that since they've booked their tickets and mentioned it to someone, you will know they are coming. I directly asked all of my guests to email a copy of their itinerary to me with the confirmation numbers "to give to my wedding coordinator" which really meant me! It has worked well so far since lots of our friends booked their tickets but otherwise hadn't replied by card or on our website. And you're right, you've given them lots of time to save up for the trip so don't make yourself feel bad for it!

    #1382 amcarter

    amcarter
    • Newbie
    • 49 posts

      Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:55 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by echo2_62
      Yikes! What happened that you had to move to a new venue?? Have you been able to switch everything over without much trouble?

      Do a search of the threads here... I know there are a couple really useful spreadsheet checklists that you might be able to use. It might at least save you the trouble of having to type it all out yourself!

      I think sometimes people assume that since they've booked their tickets and mentioned it to someone, you will know they are coming. I directly asked all of my guests to email a copy of their itinerary to me with the confirmation numbers "to give to my wedding coordinator" which really meant me! It has worked well so far since lots of our friends booked their tickets but otherwise hadn't replied by card or on our website. And you're right, you've given them lots of time to save up for the trip so don't make yourself feel bad for it!
      The original venue Pacifico failed to inform that there was no beach left in front of the location. Apparently the city built a road along the strip of sand in front of Pacifico which forced me to move the ceremony to another location. My wedding coordinator found this out by accident and contacted me with a new location just for the ceremony. The reception was still supposed to take place at Pacifico. Then I find out that the manager over the condos was no longer with the company. I was getting complaints from guests saying that they couldn't get anyone to respond. Finally, my wedding coordinator just came back from Costa Rica and informed that the new property manager wants to increase my food by 70%. Are you serious?! Give me a break. 7% is one thing but 70% is crazy. She felt like they weren't making enough money off of our event so they left us no choice but to find another location. My WC has been great to find us a new location. I'm just waiting on confirmation that all of my guests that already made reservations with the old venue will get a full refund. My FI and I are working on making updates to our website and sending out an email to guests. The new venue said they cannot hold rooms unless each guest puts down 20%. At first I thought I was going to have to pay 20% for each guests but the hotel manager suggested that I tell each of the guests to put their own money down since it's so close to the event. I am very thankful that I paid for a WC. I don't know what I would have done w/o her.
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/Jyypm5.png

      32 + B&G confirmed and booked

      #1383 doblauvelt

      doblauvelt
      • Jr. Member
      • 380 posts

        Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by echo2_62

        P.S. Tonya - did you have a jump in numbers for how many people you have booked?!?! Maybe it's just my fried brain but I don't know if I remember seeing 26 there before!
        Why yes, my numbers have jumped :) But I'm still waiting on a lot more..ie my parents and brother lol

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jerseykitten
        My other friend promised me this week....It's like pulling teeth to get people to go to an effing ISLAND!
        Haha I think we all have the same problem. It's like, why not do it alreadY?!!

        #1384 ebredhawk

        ebredhawk
        • Member
        • 949 posts

          Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

          amcarter, sounds like some crazy last-minute mess! i hope everything gets figured out for you, your guests and your ceremony and reception!

          darn to-do lists... i'm telling you what... i come up with little things to include on it faster than i can check things off and i'm not liking that at all!!

          i can't believe (well, yes i can) the trouble everyone is having with getting guests booked. we actually just found out on new years eve that one of our guests who was going to do a payment plan never paid the measly $45 to hold her price and now she can't go because the price went up too much. is it really too much trouble for people to make an effort? if this is how bad people are when they get a TRIP included, can you imagine a wedding at home??

          speaking of weddings at home, not to be a DW snob or anything, but J and i were watching a movie a few nights ago and there was a church wedidng in it. it just seemed so... plain. i don't understand why anyone does that now!! church or beach... tough choice!

          #1385 caribbeanLover

          caribbeanLover
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,619 posts

            Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

            If you ask me to book a trip to the Caribbean, I would have done it faster then I could blink.. I just don't understand people who doesn't want to book A.S.A.P!!
            werid, I'd be all excited that I am going South plus for a wedding.. I wish people were more like us lol
            http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
            Tracy and Mike

            Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
            Happily ever after...

            #1386 KimmyG

            KimmyG
            • Member
            • 520 posts

              Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

              AGREED- no clue why it's SO difficult to get people to come to paradise with us?!?!!! they're all nuts. good thing i found the right one to marry :-D hehe

              anyone started receiving wedding gifts yet? do you send the thank-yous now or later?

              #1387 caribbeanLover

              caribbeanLover
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,619 posts

                Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

                Good question. We recevied one from the FI's boss... I thought I'd just send him a thank you card after we came back.. but I'd love to know if anyone thinks maybe I should just send it now...?
                http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                Tracy and Mike

                Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                Happily ever after...

                #1388 caribbeanLover

                caribbeanLover
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,619 posts

                  Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

                  wow I just realized how many post I have compared to you guys. I'm A BDW hore (I know I am not spelling it right,for a reason lol)
                  http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                  Tracy and Mike

                  Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                  Happily ever after...

                  #1389 KimmyG

                  KimmyG
                  • Member
                  • 520 posts

                    Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:30 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                    Good question. We recevied one from the FI's boss... I thought I'd just send him a thank you card after we came back.. but I'd love to know if anyone thinks maybe I should just send it now...?
                    Do you guys think a "thank you postcard" would be formal enough? we can buy a bunch of local postcards and send them from home as the thank you cards after returning. too casual? i think i like this idea :)

                    #1390 caribbeanLover

                    caribbeanLover
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,619 posts

                      Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KimmyG
                      Do you guys think a "thank you postcard" would be formal enough? we can buy a bunch of local postcards and send them from home as the thank you cards after returning. too casual? i think i like this idea :)
                      ooohhh I really like that idea, and they shouldn't be that $$ to get. Since I know we wont be getting a lot of gifts.
                      I don't think it's to casual, suites the scene.
                      http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                      Tracy and Mike

                      Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                      Happily ever after...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users